Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Wow-I will be on the lookout-the wine will be an excellent stress reliever! You are very generous and kind!

Originally Posted by pbjag
You are welcome - enjoy! Good wine is essential after long days at work
Ridge Zin was one of the first "very nice" wines to which I was introduced many many years ago while still in college.

There is another package en route containing a different type of stress reliever aka indulgence...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
My wine

Here is the wine I received from Melissa (PBJAG)
Attached Images  
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just received Ł50 playstation store voucher, So want to thank my secret santa lots and lots very much and I am at a loss to which game to purchase. Going to purchase it for xmas day and just play it all day till dinner!

Thanks again!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
My secret Santa was rather efficient and shipped his gift of 2 handmade sake (or sauce) cups rather early on the 7th! The missed delivery slip showing I had an overseas package from Japan threw me a bit for a loop, til I recalled secret Santa... thanks CPH-Flyer for the thoughtful gift!

He literally tried to pick a gift quoted on my write up and though it wasn't available, this was a very worthy replacement. And with such a nice message that came with it, wish I'd thought of that one myself.

Pics up in a bit once I get a proper wifi conn. Hopefully my gift is on the way to its recipient as we speak.
Attached Images   

Last edited by tingadingling; Dec 11, 2016 at 4:22 am
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Took a trip to Shinjuku Isetan, which is always a perfect place for inspiration. And now shopping is done. With a few small items shipped earlier while on a business trip.

Off to the post office tomorrow.
Nicely done CPH Flyer. I thought I'd recognised the style of the cups, I've frequented that same Isetan myself on previous trips. Great selection of things there, I usually end up with quite a few unplanned knick knacks!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: Enough

Arrived earlier, but just got back from a trip. Fabulous gifts! Had the hot chocolate last night... delicious and spicy! THANK YOU!!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:12 am

I came home from Shanghai and found an Amazon box in front of my door. I said to myself....hmmmmm, I thought I received all of the items I ordered before I left, but nevertheless I picked it up and brought it in. I didn't open it until two days later and then I spent a good minute trying to decipher the first sentence of the gift note of what I thought was code about an LCD monitor and walaaaa after I read the second sentence it was then revealed it was my Secrete Santa FlyerTalk gift from Mr./Mrs. Anonymous. thank you so much for my Amazon gift card.

Marcia3641
Attached Images  
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:01 pm

I LUV LUV LUV LUV cooking!!! And I can't wait to use my gift certificate from my secret santa (nicholas raba) to attend a class at my favorite cooking school. Thank you very much

Marcia3641
Attached Images  
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tingadingling
My secret Santa was rather efficient and shipped his gift of 2 handmade sake (or sauce) cups rather early on the 7th! The missed delivery slip showing I had an overseas package from Japan threw me a bit for a loop, til I recalled secret Santa... thanks CPH-Flyer for the thoughtful gift!

He literally tried to pick a gift quoted on my write up and though it wasn't available, this was a very worthy replacement. And with such a nice message that came with it, wish I'd thought of that one myself.

Pics up in a bit once I get a proper wifi conn. Hopefully my gift is on the way to its recipient as we speak.
I am happy that you like them.

I ended picking up a couple of items for myself as well. Isetan can be dangerous for your credit card
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Thank you

My second ft ss gift arrived from Seattle, full of goodies. Again I don't know his ft handle, only his name, but here is a picture. Thank you!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Redhead
All packages just mailed today! All will arrive starting the 13th and the last will arrive by the 19th
And one arrived even sooner! Received a package this weekend from Secret Santa Redhead with a selection of delicious-sounding teas from Le Palais des Thes and a festive Christmas candle holder. Thank you, can't wait to try these! That plum and quince tea sounds amazing.

And to echo a comment I made in an earlier post, one of the things I am enjoying the most is discovering new sources/brands that I had not heard of before, but are favorites of my Secret Santas.
Attached Images   
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrDplus
Enjoy!

I love WTSO. It can become an addiction, though

There's another part of your gift, which according to USPS was delivered or left at mailbox yesterday.
Another big Thank You to Mr. DPlus. This is so clever - designed to securely hold your cords, etc. while traveling. Very cute themed fabric and really well designed. Thank you, this will come in so handy!
Attached Images   
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:08 am
In Memoriam

Gift received from Secret Santa

Thank you to my Secret Santa, from Finland! I received the package yesterday, with a number of wrapped items, and a couple fun unwrapped items, with a beautiful Christmas card, and a $25 CX Gift Shop Voucher! I'm waiting until Christmas to open the wrapped items, so will share another photo after Christmas.

Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by samosa
My second ft ss gift arrived from Seattle, full of goodies. Again I don't know his ft handle, only his name, but here is a picture. Thank you!
I have that same wrapping paper!

But I wasn't your Secret Santa... They just have good taste in wrapping paper.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Thank you to MissyDarlin and Charles Squires! My daughter mixed up the tags so not sure who gave what but we loved the:

- Duplo legos: my daughter actually is home sick from daycare today so they are getting use!

- Bath bombs - I've already soaked twice. Mmm, wonderful

- Bath salts - love the scents

- Essential oils - totally taking your idea Missy and mixing to make a sugar scrub!

- Mandala coasters - already in use since my old coasters were falling apart

- Blank note cards - perfect for holiday thank you gifts

- Dalek earrings - I've already worn them and my daughter said "Daleks Mommy!" I'm raising a Dr Who fan

- I can't believe I forgot to list the cool socks - art socks. I'm wearing the George Washington ones today and feeling powerful

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by Redhead; Dec 13, 2016 at 7:50 am Reason: added a gift

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.