Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
Wow my Secret Santa surprised me big time with early gifts! I got them sent to my mom's house so I didn't see them until today. I thought my Black Friday purchases came early haha.

Pic and details to come but I wanted to make sure my SS knew I got the gifts and that I'm so grateful. My SS read the descriptions of what I wanted and delivered! I wish guys on dating sites were as attentive! But I digress. Thanks Secret Santa!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Just received my second secret santa gift! It's a book about the Chicago Blackhawks that my son is going to absolutely LOVE!! Can't take a photo since I'm hiding it until Christmas, but thank you!
Ok, my Secret Santa is setting the bar so high that it would definitely be a challenge for anyone else to touch it. You're putting the rest of us to shame! So I received one more gift today (the 3rd one), and it's a hockey game / figures set between Chicago Blackhawks and the Detroit Red Wings. How neat is that?? We had to hide it right away, so no photo (but will take photo and upload before wrapping), but wanted to share right away. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! What a great way to teach the spirit of giving and kindness this Holiday season!
Name:  Hockey Guys Set.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  60.1 KB

Last edited by TravelLawyer; Nov 30, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:42 pm

Have ordered all of the parts of my gift. Will be shipping everything next week after making things extra special!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I received two packages yesterday, I'm guessing from the same Santa since they had similar addressing (from your santa next to my name).

1. Two wonderful Frog & Toad (Sapo y Sepo) books in Spanish. My daughter and I sat down to read them right away
2. A set of froggy bath tub toys. My daughter squealed and we used them at bath time
3. An awesome poster of a frog in beer. I'm headed to Michaels tonight to get it framed! It will go in a place of honor in my home office where I can see it every day.

I have no clue how to post pics and have tried every year that I've participated. But they are awesome - thanks!

Thank you Santa!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Make that a 3rd package too. A book in spanish - it has Frog in the title and looks like a novel. Excited to start reading it.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AC
Looks like both my packages will get delivered today.

I hope you both enjoy them!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:25 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa is happy to see all the postings.... much better than in years past. Do remember you have to PM me your details as well. I need to know what you ship and receive.

Reminder: Tomorrow is the deadline if you want to sign up for the first time or get additional assignments. As of now, I only have seven people to assign this weekend.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I got my gifts from my Secret Santa Wednesday afternoon! I did not know I had been that good this year!!
1) a bottle of 2010 Nuevo Sorob a Sorbo Garnacha red wine-perfect since I just got back from spain!
2) 2 pair of Balega mohair blister resistant socks-Balega makes the best running socks ever!!!
3) a PNY powerpack T2200-perfect for traveling!
4) a Helley Hansen headband -great for running, especially when you sweat like I do!
5) a Yankee Candle Senterpiece with 4 scents to go with it (catching rays, clean cotton, pink sand, and all is bright) and
6) two Yankee Candle car scenters-an all is bright car jar, and a Honey Clementine clip in vent one. Everyone in New England knows that as far as candles, Yankee Candle is it-bar none!
http://https://www.facebook.com/phot...type=3&theater
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:01 pm

secret Santa gifts

Gifts
Attached Images  

Last edited by Runner123; Dec 1, 2016 at 3:04 pm Reason: adding picture of gifts
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:07 pm

My presents were bought Friday for my giftee and packaged up. I missed mailing them out in the post office today by 2 minutes, so they should go out tomorrow and be delivered by Wedensday or Thursday. This was a blast!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
So-one of my Santees should have received two gifts out of three-one was sent from an Etsy seller in Michigan who was supposed to include a Secret Santa note from me, but forgot to do so (she said she would follow up with a note). The third and final gift for that Santee has been wrapped and will be mailed early next week. My third Santee's gifts have been purchased and should also be mailed some time next week. Santa got a little behind schedule with wrapping and packaging.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Wharvey- sent you a round two secret Santa PM.

HeadElf53- sent you a PM re: elf duties. Can't say more without giving away too much.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: Too many
A big THANKS to my wonderful Santa (Tracey) who sent me a fantastic assortment of gifts so beautifully wrapped and a gorgeous card.
The box smelled DIVINE even before I opened it and includes soaps, candle, smelly stuff, perfume and a hilarious tin of Instant Snow!!!!!!!
It is SO appreciated (and the amount you spent on postage was RIDICULOUS)
Merry Christmas to you Santa and thanks so much..I LOVE everything

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I received a 4th gift from my Secret Santa today - the most amazing (and fitting) car decal. The family got a huge kick out of it - lol! We will be putting on my car this weekend. It's so amazing that my SS really took the time to get gift(s) that were so individualized and personal. That amount of effort is sooo appreciated! Thank you again!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  539.8 KB
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BXIAN
So-one of my Santees should have received two gifts out of three-one was sent from an Etsy seller in Michigan who was supposed to include a Secret Santa note from me, but forgot to do so (she said she would follow up with a note). The third and final gift for that Santee has been wrapped and will be mailed early next week. My third Santee's gifts have been purchased and should also be mailed some time next week. Santa got a little behind schedule with wrapping and packaging.
You were ahead of schedule for my gifts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.