Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
I noticed your address is the MidAtlantic...
So is mine.

If you'd like Santa to bring you something really super special, I've got a foster cat in need of a great human to love her. PM me for details.

LOL, Lily, the devil cat! (I say that because her eyes look to be glowing)

Last edited by kipper; Dec 13, 2016 at 5:14 am
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:52 pm
Commander Catcop

Nice wrapping paper Compubit. Sorry about the loss of your kitties. If the time ever comes hope you'll consider giving two more kitties a home (I'm a Cat sitter and believe in as many kitties finding homes)
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:22 pm

I received my gift from my Secret Santa a while ago, but it says do not open until Christmas so I'm honoring their wishes. But it was received.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good Morning,
All my Santee packages have been shipped and shown as delivered. I have had 1 of 3 post their gifts.

As for me, I have received 2 of 3 gifts. Thank you to my Santee for the Hyatt gift card this will go to good use for me and my family.

Samosa,
Thank you for the gift. I received it yesterday. My daughter was excited to open it. She loves the plane crayon. I love the Austin ornament, I have already found a spot to place it on our tree. Plus, all the other assorted gifts. Thank you so much for taking the time to put thought into your gifts to us. I would post a picture, but I am not very techie.

Have a great holiday this season and thank you once again.

FYI- I have had to hide gifts I received from Amazon, so my daughter does not see them. If a gift is in thier I may not know until I wrap her gifts this week or next. If I do find a gift, I will post.

Sandra
sandratravels
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Originally Posted by Catman
Nice wrapping paper Compubit. Sorry about the loss of your kitties. If the time ever comes hope you'll consider giving two more kitties a home (I'm a Cat sitter and believe in as many kitties finding homes)
I'm hoping things will settle down at work (I'm doubling my staff - 2 to 4 in 2017), so I shouldn't have to travel much (too much travel now...), and can get a new cat or two (my previous pair were litter mates - I got the original one, and then her sister became available after my friend's daughter was determined to be allergic to cats (and my one cat really enjoyed a playmate...).

Jim
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
The generosity of some in this forum is staggering. And I don't just mean money, but also time! It's a nice feeling to imagine that my neighbour on my next flight might also be a Santa lurking about here.

It was my first time participating, so I went close to the defined budget. Next time I might play it a little more loosely. That said, if anyone is missing a Santa I'd be glad to volunteer (for practical shipping reasons, preferably US, Sri Lanka or Singapore-based addresses!).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pbjag
And one arrived even sooner! Received a package this weekend from Secret Santa Redhead with a selection of delicious-sounding teas from Le Palais des Thes and a festive Christmas candle holder. Thank you, can't wait to try these! That plum and quince tea sounds amazing.

And to echo a comment I made in an earlier post, one of the things I am enjoying the most is discovering new sources/brands that I had not heard of before, but are favorites of my Secret Santas.
Glad it arrived safe and sound. I feel in love with Palais des Thés after having some at a friend's place. Their herbal blends are to die for. Their ginger, carrot, verbena is the perfect late afternoon pick me up without the caffeine. Their earl grey is amazing. I normally am not a fan of the smoky teas but theirs are also really good.

You'll be an addict soon
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: American, United, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, hertz, Dollar
No response

Originally Posted by tzvilev
This is very strongly worded and perhaps a bit harsh, but I share these sentiments. Only 2/4 of my giftees have posted and it's just a bit sad to check this thread daily and come up empty.
Keep in mind that it is a busy time of year. I know I have been traveling for the past two weeks. I'm boarding my flight home so there may be a package waiting for me there. I will post tonight if there is I also have not heard from my recipient & it should have been delivered a while ago
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
All of my gifts have shipped and two people have posted. 3 more awaiting to post (I know some gifts are due to arrive by the 19th).

I have received 3 of 5 from my Santas. Looking forward to the next two.

In the almost 10 years I've been doing this, I've had one bad santa (but many recipients not post ). Hoping the good luck continues.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
Just an fyi to those that might be my secret santa, let me know if any issues arrise. We have had some crazy weather and everything that comes to my town goes through Salt Lake first, I have seen lots of delays and lost packages this year. We do have cameras as well at our house and have not seen any mischief this year or crazy ups football players going long with any packages..... :P

Hope everyone is enjoying that holidays!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Just shipped out my last gift for my second giftee! The items were a bit of a pain to acquire, I hope my giftee likes them!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:46 pm

Smile Got my gift from Poptarts!!

Name:  IMG_1315.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1324.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  186.8 KB

Thank you so much!! I got a Sephora gift card because I love makeup and my favorite singer is Madonna so I got this totally awesome graffiti art on a $2 bill of Madonna. I really love it! Thanks again!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
For those who think recipients aren't posting, I've been expecting a non-Santa package. I finally looked at tracking, and UPS SmartPost or SurePost, or whatever they call it where they give it to USPS at the end failed. UPS delivered it to the USPS location. It's never been scanned in my USPS, and after a week, still shows as they've received electronic notification to expect it. Sometimes, packages, even when scheduled for delivery, don't always arrive...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Received my first ever secret Santa gift today; a Fujifilm instax mini 8 instant camera (the kids are already enjoying popping the bubble wrap).
I'm sure we'll put this to good use in the holiday season this Dec.

Thank you Secret Santa!

Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: American, United, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, hertz, Dollar
Nothing Yet:)

Originally Posted by wharvey
Chief Santa Message!

We are less than two weeks from Christmas.... and Santa has way too many blanks in his spreadsheet! He hopes that people will not be on the naughty list this year!

Please work to get your gifts out as soon as possible so that your giftees have their gifts PRIOR to Christmas Day!

Also, remember you MUST message me when you send and receive your gifts!

I do hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I will actually be in NYC from Dec 22 until Dec 29 so wanting to make sure that everything is taken care of in advance!

I just returned home from traveling for the past 2 weeks and I did not have any packages waiting for me. Also, in looking through the thread I do not see that my recipient has indicated that they have received their package either and it should have been delivered several day ago but because it is international the post office said I could not get tracking info. I hope it has made it there safely!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.