Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
For those who think I have to rip open EVERY package as soon as I receive it, I received a package today that I know is from one of my Santas, and it is still sitting by the door, unopened. It's been there for 3 hours or so.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good evening,
I believe I received my Secret Santa package for this year from SteveHK.

Thank you for the Starbucks gift card, United Club card, Torchy's Sauce and Stubb's BBQ sauce.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Sandra
sandratravels
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:37 pm

Hi Kipper! I think that Amazon order was from me, but it should have had 2 toys for the pooches?

Was the unopened box mine? There are two small gifts hiding below all the paper wrapping that is securing the fragile items, don't toss the box until you uncover them! ;-]

Originally Posted by kipper
For those who think I have to rip open EVERY package as soon as I receive it, I received a package today that I know is from one of my Santas, and it is still sitting by the door, unopened. It's been there for 3 hours or so.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by strawbearlyjamms
Hi Kipper! I think that Amazon order was from me, but it should have had 2 toys for the pooches?

Was the unopened box mine? There are two small gifts hiding below all the paper wrapping that is securing the fragile items, don't toss the box until you uncover them! ;-]
The Amazon order may have been. There was a WestPaw toy, and then in another box, a duck-billed platypus with hide and seek eggs. Empress Cobaka and Sergeant Schultz are enjoying the eggs, and Generalissimo Geno is enjoying that the platypus doesn't have squeakers!

I did finally open the box, in part because our garbage and recycling go tomorrow morning, and it meant I could recycle another box. I found a 6-pack of beer, from a micro-brewery I've been to, but not for ages. I think I was there shortly after they opened, and that's it. The last two bottles to open are my favorite bar's own Rye Ale, brewed by the micro-brewery. The bar is my favorite, because that's where Mr. Kipper and I met, and I have my name on four plaques there, as does Mr. Kipper.

Thank you so much!!!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I walked in tonight after 12 hours at the office to find not one, but TWO boxes from 2 different Santas!!! I opened box number 1, which contained a wonderful assortment of teas from David's teas. Santa sent also sent me a note in the packing slip indicating that another box was stil on the way-a very generous Santa! I can't wait to dive into the tea collection. I also love the snowflake tea infuser. One of my pet peeves about my current infuser is that it is hard to store neatly because it doesn't stand up. Problem solved-my brand new infuser will stand up perfectly in my tea cabinet. Thank you Santa!!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:47 pm

My second Secret Santa package of the day came from a completely different Santa. A fellow New Jerseyan, this Santa sent a lovely note with an abundance of nicely wrapped packages. The note advised that Santa had collected my gifts as Santa traveled to St. Louis, Grand Rapids, Huntsville, Philly and New Jersey! I was so bowled over by Santa's kindness-I am in awe that such a busy traveler took time to think about a gift for me during all of those stops! I am going to open this set of gifts tomorrow-it prolongs the fun! Also got two completely unexpected gifts from colleagues at work today. With all of the sad things that have been happening in the world, remember all the goodness that surrounds us.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I've been travelling since mid December so there are probably a few things waiting for me when I get home
next week.

So so far received a lovely pair of socks all the way from the UK, a gift card to Air Canada (TangoThree) (: and also an electronic gift card from BestBuy (Oliver2002).

So jealous of whoever received Pandemic, I've been eyeing that for quite some time now! Cannot wait to get home and see what else is there waiting for me!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Final SS2016 Package Received

Received an awesome package from AtomicLush that included a Lego plane set (which I've already built!), a Gemini Jets Concorde (which has already joined my work fleet on my desk), and a Godiva wine and chocolate set. Great package!!!! Thanks, AtomicLush!!!
Attached Images    
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:32 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Thank you to my Secret Santa ckidder331 for my gifts. Good thing I was busy and couldn't post for a week, as it was the gifts kept on coming .
Attached Images  

Last edited by fnaime23; Dec 23, 2016 at 10:03 am
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
My SS could have a very successful career as a personal shopper. In addition to the fabulous Eyewitness guidebook to Paris, the very cool adapter/charger, the customized cable organizer, my SS continues to amaze. Now, to add to the merriment, I received an irresistible box of Rogers' Classic Sampler of superlative chocolates from Canada! In and of itself, this would be special, but even more so because I had mentioned how I highly appreciate experiencing "Local" products in my little submission of self description. And, somewhere in my comments I encouraged consideration of chocolates. I'm telling ya, my SS combined such desires and hit it out of the park with sending Roger's chocolates from Victoria, BC. And guess what else! (I know! More????) The cutest and most charming ever little tree ornament of a moose complete w/a little pink ribbon on one antler and movable arms! My SS simply spoils me, and even includes a beautiful Xmas card also made in Canada, inscribed with a very sweet and sincere note to me. And please know, on the back of the card is printed, "Merry Christmas! and a Happy canoe year!" Most definitely, my SS has launched my first year participating in FT's Secret Santa with high style, and I so wish everyone as much delight in their experience as my SS has provided me. Many thx!!
Attached Images   
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Here's another pic including the whimsical moose!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:27 pm

I waited about 24 hours to open my gifts from Santa number 3. I loved the gifts! Salted caramels from Flemington, New Jersey, seasonal teas from Teavana, Pretzeltopia pretzels from Lancaster PA., and amazing Godiva chocolate covered pretzels! In addition, Santa got me NASA playing cards, some cool-looking clothespin magnets, and some wonderful National Parks 100th anniversary, Grand Rapids, and Energizer Bunny luggage tags. I have black luggage, and the tags will really help me locate my bags quickly. This is the perfect blend of whimsical, practical and decadent. Thank you Santa!

ps I am not going to mention your town, but I think that you and I live in the prettiest inland areas of NJ.
Attached Images  

Last edited by BXIAN; Dec 23, 2016 at 8:32 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:21 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thank you Santa!

Thank you Santa!

I was pleasantly surprised today by a small but lovely package from Santa dogdogcatcat. Inside the box, beautifully wrapped, was a lovely handwritten card, a gift certificate from a local winery that we frequently picnic at in the summers, handmade lavender soap from Oregon and the cutest cheese slicer from the Christmas market in Stockholm. Each item was thoughtfully selected from my Santa's recent travels!

The antler cheese slicer was immediately washed and used tonight on our evening cheese plate and we are planning on visiting the winery tomorrow to pick out a bottle or two for our Christmas lunch. The lavender soap smells heavenly and is such a relaxing end to a busy day.

Thank you Santa for thinking of me during your recent travels. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Last edited by tcl; Dec 23, 2016 at 9:37 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:42 pm

Gifts Received

A little slow on the post but a big Thank You to my 2 secret Santas for the wonderful gifts.

-A Delta Airlines gift card
-A gorillapod iPhone tripod (it works as a tripod but the legs are flexible to wrap around other items as well.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Attached Images   
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:10 pm

Thanks, Santa

http://imgur.com/rmJRoYd

Last edited by strawbearlyjamms; Dec 23, 2016 at 11:15 pm Reason: I'm failing at the image embed :(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.