Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Aldo,
As we say in Swedish Tusan Tack (1000 thanks)
Well done my Secret Santa SDQBound

David (Flyiboy)

DM sent to wharvey 😁
You are very welcome! Glad you liked your presents, and sorry for the small logistics issue: after the recent terror events, I was required to provide a phone number before the package could be sent, so this is why I had to send you the last-minute request.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by SDQBound
You are very welcome! Glad you liked your presents, and sorry for the small logistics issue: after the recent terror events, I was required to provide a phone number before the package could be sent, so this is why I had to send you the last-minute request.
No worries.. it seems that sending packages these days require a degree in logistics 😁.. Had a similar situation as well. Again, thankyou.. Happy Travel New Year ✈️🎉
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Thanks Santa Maile for my lovely gifts.

Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Just recently got a gear vr and love it. Just remember to clean it occasionally (which at points can be a tad tough), otherwise it just gets covered in filth and dirt and ruins the experience.

Hope you like them! (Despite me not even being the santa )

..Oh, and some people don't know this but you can even stream PC games to them too, which is even more insane.

How To Play PC Games On Your Gear VR Or Google Cardboard (How to Set Up Trinus + Tridef3D) - YouTube
Thanks for the heads up on the PC games. I'm looking forward to trying these out when I return home.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Lisabeth
Credit goes to Redhead who got this for me last year! I love mine and given your field of study I hoped you would love one as well.
Lisbeth, I'm so happy it was a hit
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm getting antsy....I want to know what's in my packages!!

Maybe next year I should ask santa for patience

Christmas is only 2 more days away (well if you open on Christmas Eve anyway-2.75 days if not) so everyone be safe out there traveling and making your final preparations!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
My Secret Santa is such a sweetheart! Surprises continue to arrive at my doorstep. So generous not only in spirit but in intent as it's abundantly clear my SS paid close attention to my wish list. Having already received the beautiful Eyewitness guidebook to Paris and a marvelously designed adapter/charger, my SS just keeps on giving! Yesterday a very cool, lightweight cable organizer arrived and I was totally caught off guard - but in a most delightful way! Secret Santa, you have hit it out of the park! Until now and thx to you, I had no Paris guidebook, no adapter/charger, and no cable organizer! "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" I'm beginning to think I've been a very good little Flyertalker this year! Certainly, SS, you make the season bright! Sending you a huge thank you!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
All three of my Secret Santas really hit it out of the park this year! So, many many thanks to you!

lisabeth sent a beautiful set of garden lights -

And mdovenmuehler sent a box of goodies- travel book, coffee, popcorn, artsy stuff - with a few surprises for Goldie as well! (Goldie particularly loves her squeakie!)

And finally, a popcorn addict's delight - nothing I love more than popcorn.... (well, except maybe travel!). I am not sure who sent this -
I think there was a name on the box, but the husband is very good about getting boxes out of the house and into recycling, so I couldn't find the name.
(I only put that little box there to show the size of the popcorn gift - it's huge!)

A big thank you and Happy Holidays!

Last edited by miffSC; Dec 22, 2016 at 10:18 am
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:38 am

To my secret santa from California - I just got a delivery exception notification from FedEx. The address I gave is my office - it looks like you may not have included my suite number (#300) on the shipment?

I tried to create a FedEx Delivery Manager account to add the suite number, but it won't allow me to edit anything because this is a commercial address and apparently that service is only available to residential customers.

Are you able to update with the suite number on your end?

Sorry for the mix-up.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:59 pm

Received a wonderful (and wonderfully wrapped!) box of goodies from Milz02315 today!
Chocolate bars and truffles
Scented candle
Two delicious-smelling coffees

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards
Thanks Santa Maile

Originally Posted by TokyoFoodie
Thanks Santa Maile for my lovely gifts.

ahhh! I hope you liked it! I know you said you love to cook...i am sure you will find some new recipes to try!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards
Santa Redhead thank you!

Santa Redhead thank you very much for my 2 gifts i received...the first box (mug) i was caught off gaurd thinking to myself what did i order from Amazon.com? And to my surprise was my secret santa gift from Redhead! Then my second gift arrived awhile later and again pleasently surprised with the contents? Did you make the earrings? Or the box? I will try to post the pictures
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:33 pm

I received 5 books from my secret santa today. 4 Dr Seuss books in Spanish and an Asterix and Obelix one in English. My daughter and I sat down to read right away.

Thanks Santa.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:24 pm

Glad you liked them. I wish I had the talent to make them. Grateful for the talents of Etsy. Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by poohbear808
Santa Redhead thank you very much for my 2 gifts i received...the first box (mug) i was caught off gaurd thinking to myself what did i order from Amazon.com? And to my surprise was my secret santa gift from Redhead! Then my second gift arrived awhile later and again pleasently surprised with the contents? Did you make the earrings? Or the box? I will try to post the pictures
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I just found a note that was apparently attached to my package of coal... It indicated that if I opened it early, it would turn to coal!

Now, I'm hoping that the WestPaw toy received from Amazon was part of Schultz's Santa Paws present, or else I opened a present from here that I was really trying to wait to open!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.