Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Perhaps my Santee is traveling and not at home to receive mail. SS mailed it a week ago and it was supposed to arrive last Friday. <sigh> Sure hope all went as planned from the USPS.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: NH
We just came back from holiday and I found a gift from santa at home. Thank you for my secret santa for nice gifts! My husband told me Seroogy's chocolate is pretty good and cannot wait to eat them tomorrow! I will use other travel items for next trip!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
Dear Santa's,

I arrived home today and look forward to opening gifts on Christmas Eve...although the ( I am guessing wine and chocolates) may not make it

I'll post my goodies- to all thank you in advance!

Lisabeth
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by RockinRon
Thank you lakee911 for the fantastic Girodano's pizzas! They arrived today and everyone was excited to see it. We love Giordano's and can't wait to cook 'em up! ^^

To my other Santa - I have received your gifts via Amazon and will open and post on Christmas Day. These were clearly perishable and needed to be popped in the freezer. Hope you understand!
Girodano's...........that's one awesome gift!!! We were flying through Chicago a couple of years ago coming back from Mexico and staying at the Westin... We were told prior to arriving to check this place out - The wifey and I love pizza!! Long story short; It was late, we were in Mexico for 2 weeks so mucho Cerveza and it was super cold!!! We could see the sign from the Westin ( I hope I am thinking about the same place ) but were so darn tired that we just couldn't do it!!! Don't get to Chicago much and have always thought about that place!! Enjoy!!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Our friends (Chaicago ex-pats) used to store their order of a dozen pizzas each year in our downstairs freezer.

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Girodano's...........that's one awesome gift!!! We were flying through Chicago a couple of years ago coming back from Mexico and staying at the Westin... We were told prior to arriving to check this place out - The wifey and I love pizza!! Long story short; It was late, we were in Mexico for 2 weeks so mucho Cerveza and it was super cold!!! We could see the sign from the Westin ( I hope I am thinking about the same place ) but were so darn tired that we just couldn't do it!!! Don't get to Chicago much and have always thought about that place!! Enjoy!!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good evening,
I wanted to follow up that I have received an ecard for the Alamo Drafthouse from SteveHK. As an Austinite, we like to refer to the movie theater as the Drafthouse. I look forward to part taking to see many new movies in the new year with this ecard.

Happy Holidays Y'all,
Sandra
sandratravels
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received a nice toiletry travel bag and cool pair of 3d virtual googles today. My Santa was kind enough to have them gift wrapped but since I am leaving to go out of town tomorrow for the holidays I was bad an unwrapped them. Looking forward to using the googles.

Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Received a nice toiletry travel bag and cool pair of 3d virtual googles today. My Santa was kind enough to have them gift wrapped but since I am leaving to go out of town tomorrow for the holidays I was bad an unwrapped them. Looking forward to using the googles.

Just recently got a gear vr and love it. Just remember to clean it occasionally (which at points can be a tad tough), otherwise it just gets covered in filth and dirt and ruins the experience.

Hope you like them! (Despite me not even being the santa )

..Oh, and some people don't know this but you can even stream PC games to them too, which is even more insane.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Dec 21, 2016 at 10:17 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold

Thank you ,SS, for The Little Prince in Latin.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: American, United, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, hertz, Dollar
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
I returned home on Wednesday to find a pack from one of my Secret Santas, Laguna1. Only now I have figured out the picture thing so I can post properly

I am delighted with the unwrapped presents - pistachios are my absolute favourite nuts, the globe ornament is getting a special place home and the chocolate Santa might or might not still be there - and I'm exercising some restraint as to the wrapped packages, saving them for Xmas. The card was a beautiful extra, and especially touching.

Thank you so much, Laguna1, for your gifts. I will post back after Xmas with the rest.
Yeah! I'm so happy the presents arrived safe and sound Hope you have a great Christmas
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:22 am

Follow up for miko2a - haha, I was debating whether it was meant as a scarf or a blanket!! Thanks for clarifying.

And thanks to my second Santa in New Jersey - got one of those spiky looking head massagers and a very nice smelling Arbonne hair masque.

I can see that one of my giftees has received 2 parcels with one mentioned here and third one due to arrive Thursday. The other giftee, well, the main gift is part way to where it needs to go, but my hands are tied and the giftee seem to have gone AWOL (not responding to emails), so not much I can do at the moment. 2nd "token" gift seems to have hit a customs hiccup and will be arriving one or two days after Christmas now - even with insane last minute delivery charges.

So yeah, that's about it for me, I'll keep watching the thread for updates, but I think at this point it's just pretty much Merry Christmas everyone!!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Whilst packing for a trip to BKK, and rec'd an SMS via DHL.. My kid at heart was racing with joy hoping to find a package from my SS.. Laying in a bight gold DHL box, my gift... I was thinking that I may have miss it due to traveling but no.. Santa was very very good to me. I received not 1 or 2, nope my Santa gave me 4 yes .. 4 gifts. I guess I was well behaved this year😉..
1. A bottle of Tte de Cure Vouvray Brut 2014 (Chateau Moncontour)
2. Box of Angelina chocolates
3. A box by Amanda Epe ..A Fly Girl Travel Tales of a Erotic BA Cabin Crew
4. Pro Cam micro Quadcopter

Looking forward to read the book whilst eating the truffles and drinking the Brut..

Aldo,
As we say in Swedish Tusan Tack (1000 thanks)
Well done my Secret Santa SDQBound

David (Flyiboy)

DM sent to wharvey 😁
Attached Images  
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
Oh, Chief Santa knows you try to be naughty.... actually, it seems to come too easily to you!
Well, there's always that one person...

According to MyUSPS.com, I have 2 packages that are headed my way. NO idea if they are part of this, but...
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Today I picked up a awesome belroy travel wallet from my secret santa ��

I knew to expect it but I had nomideamhow cool this would be. The web site undersold the product

This gift will be used ALOT for sure.

Thank you santa

Last edited by kauppias; Dec 22, 2016 at 5:51 am Reason: added image tags
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
One package still not aknowledged here, funnily enough it was to the UK so the closes distance hopefully it was received intact...

Also one package not received By me so perhaps santa is waiting untill xmas eve

Christmas is coming folks drive and fly safe as you prepare ��

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.