Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by BXIAN
I waited about 24 hours to open my gifts from Santa number 3. I loved the gifts! Salted caramels from Flemington, New Jersey, seasonal teas from Teavana, Pretzeltopia pretzels from Lancaster PA., and amazing Godiva chocolate covered pretznce gifts but I els! In addition, Santa got me NASA playing cards, some cool-looking clothespin magnets, and some wonderful National Parks 100th anniversary, Grand Rapids, and Energizer Bunny luggage tags. I have black luggage, and the tags will really help me locate my bags quickly. This is the perfect blend of whimsical, practical and decadent. Thank you Santa!

ps I am not going to mention your town, but I think that you and I live in the prettiest inland areas of NJ.
Nice gifts but I am really digging the granite and the backsplash. I like the colors and I really like the shape of the backsplash tiles.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Amidst the chaos of moving and trying to find my new mailbox (ok I get that the driveway is 3/4 of a mile and gravel but why is the mail box 200 yd down the road ?) my SS gift arrived at some point. Thank you, Thank you to my SS beautifulera. I'm super excited about my new cookbook (South Indian/Southern US fusion), the chocolate bar, and soap (I think it's soap, or is it a lotion bar?), the magnetic bookmark is going to be so handy with a three year old who likes to throw mommy's books, the "meowy Christmas@ candle is adorable! My husband has tried twice to hide the smoked salmon (we'll open it as part of our New Years dinner) and said three year old immediately decided the truffles were hers and the box got a bit mangled but they are safely on top of the fridge for after bedtime. I can't seem to get the picture to upload but will post one as soon as the 3 year old takes a nap.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:15 pm

I received my final secret Santa gift last night and it was beyond amazing and thoughtful. Zkano socks, Heavy Seas Blackbeard's Breakfast Porter, Chocolate Pretzel bar, Icelandic wool wrapped soap, assorted goat milk toiletries, and a $25 etsy gift certificate. Thank you, onthewaytoadventure! I love things that come from local artisans and crafters. So, this was the perfect gift for me. And the detailed description of each item was awesome. I was just in Iceland in September and yes, it's very expensive. In fact I didn't bring anything home so, I was really happy you got me something from the country. Big thanks again

Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Thank you Secret Santa

I finally arrived in California today after a very crazy work and travel schedule. Was thrilled to find several Amazon boxes waiting for me.

Many thanks to my first Secret Santa who sent some gardening themed gifts: a Soil Moisture Sensor Meter, which will be very useful this summer, The Vegetable Gardener's Handbook, and a Dominoes set. I'm looking forward to going through the handbook and thinking about the next growing season, and will have the dominoes to keep me occupied throughout the winter until it arrives!

Many thanks to my SS for the very thoughtful gifts! Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Thanks, Secret Santa

And to continue the fun, I had another group of packages, I think from another Secret Santa.

This set contained a "Keep Calm and Garden On" mug and an assortment of dessert toppings: milk chocolate hot fudge, classic caramel, and extra dark chocolate hot fudge. Yum! They look delicious. I can't wait to try them out on dessert tonight! My work tea mug needs replacing, so I think I now have a perfect one to take its place.

Many thanks to Secret Santa for the thoughtful gifts. I will enjoy them very much.

Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season to Secret Santa and to the other participants. This is so much fun every year.
Attached Images  

Last edited by dibby; Dec 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm Reason: Forgot to attach photo
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Received another amazon package today. This time, it contained beer soap! Yes, soap made with beer. It says it is Hoppy IPA scented. I believe it is perfect for me. Thank you!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:36 pm

You're very welcome! Sorry for the last minute shipping - I delayed sending it out because the weather had been so chilly around here and I was afraid the beer would freeze and burst in transit. So I'm glad it all arrived safely.

Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by miko2a
I received my final secret Santa gift last night and it was beyond amazing and thoughtful. Zkano socks, Heavy Seas Blackbeard's Breakfast Porter, Chocolate Pretzel bar, Icelandic wool wrapped soap, assorted goat milk toiletries, and a $25 etsy gift certificate. Thank you, onthewaytoadventure! I love things that come from local artisans and crafters. So, this was the perfect gift for me. And the detailed description of each item was awesome. I was just in Iceland in September and yes, it's very expensive. In fact I didn't bring anything home so, I was really happy you got me something from the country. Big thanks again
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:04 pm

Many thanks to DevilDawg1960 and Mrs. DevilDawg1960!

They sent me a marvelous Anne Klein tote and a passport sized RFID blocker pouch to put in it. Hoping to use that on a trip to either Barcelona or the Keukenhof this spring.

They sent the cats a puzzle feeder. The felines have mixed opinions on this. The alpha cat dislikes it intensely - he has to work to get his food out of it! The other 2 felines take the new device in stride and uses their paws to get the food out. Will try to post a video of this process later.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 24, 2016 at 9:53 pm
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
I got home today from a mileage run to 1K (yeah!) to find my secret Santa had dropped by. Literally dropped by, as my awesome gift was left on my door step without any postage.

Great gift that involves three of my favorite things... good beer, traveling, and gadgets.

In addition to a nicely selected 9 pack of international beers, they gave be a remote controlled beer bucket.

Great gift Santa, thanks. And I loved the delivery method... just awesome. Can't wait to get this iced up and delivering beets.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
I know Santa said he was away, and without laptop. Yeah sure. If you want to know where Santa is, check out www.Noradsanta.org

Some of the Elves have come down the 24 hour virus that's been going around.

Merry Christmas and Happy 1st night of Hanukkah!

HeadElf53
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Reminder, please post when you receive your gift. The person that sent it would like to know.

My next message won't be so polite.

N.B. if you're not sure about anything in the Santa gift exchange, please re-read the first page. I've received several PM's that would make your head spin.

Thank you.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:52 pm

Received a Bodum teapot and 3 charity fundraiser teas from Amazon. There was no indication of who sent this, but it may be from my second Santa?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to all!

I've yet to personally view & retrieve the SS received gift which arrived 4 days ago at my parents who don't know how to send me a photo & my Mandarin vocab isn't big enough to understand all the items my mom read off & I couldn't write it down as I was busy all day watching my son (he rarely ever lets go, literally even reading or posting here isn't possible except when he's asleep during which I'd like to also be asleep, but tonight's an exception), but the incomplete list is:
  • personalized backpack for my son - will be used on the CI PremEcon trip to TPE in April, I'll post photos here!
  • 2 other items for Wesley, they elude my memory as the call was 12hrs ago
  • plane-shaped speaker
  • Black Diamond ski wire
  • another Black Diamond item?
  • chocolates! I could use these!
  • ... I need to get home to parents to see all this myself, I shall within 2 weeks
My family & I want to thank our SS for such thoughtfulness in every item, it's humbling that s/he went to such lengths to winnow my written description's desires so for that, our heartfelt thanks.

I'll edit this post with the photo and the gifters' id (if written) and apologies again for lack of details, we really do appreciate the thoughtfulness in every item).

Originally Posted by Redhead
I received 5 books from my secret santa today. 4 Dr Seuss books in Spanish and an Asterix and Obelix one in English. My daughter and I sat down to read right away.

Thanks Santa.
I forgot to write in my name and have a holiday card on the way to you, apologies for the enormous delays, merely surviving day-to-day helping my stay-at-home wife after long workdays has consumed all mental and physical as you may know but we're so happy you & your daughter enjoyed reading them, I hope her Spanish is superb! It was really exciting to select the books in the hopes she would enjoy Spanish also sharing your language. Merry Christmas!

Update 06-18-2017: Better late than never, I finally photographed the terrific gift & I've a good guess who this awesome Secret Santa & s/he knows who s/he is . His/her thoughtfulness for our son was striking and so I mean a heartfelt thanks and happiness. He wore the backpack eagerly, salted caramel from AGS kept me going at work, chocolate popcorn from GSO was a great reminder of High Country, binding adjustment and gloves create exciting anticipation of winter skiing near AVP or HPN, the books were eagerly read and continue to be read to share the love of planes and travel, Tile is so amazingly useful for keys, and sticker book is such an ingenious idea which my son's enjoyed sticking from car to bedroom for weeks (will get more off eBay, woohoo). From our family to yours, with thanks and a single love of frequent flying.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Richard Chen; Jun 18, 2017 at 5:53 am
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So I opened ,y second Secrant santa gifts that were US based the wrapped,ones that is. The reeses did not make it very far nor did the lil debbies.��

Santa found me a country music cd that I had never heard of which is awesome. I,LOVE country music but its hard to find here In santas letter he mentioned he wanted to buy me the new Garth brooks cd but it wasnt published yet. I learned thus that Garth Brooks was out of retirement

Als received some packing bags for HBO trips that make packing a carry on easier and a extra lightning cable for my iPhone.

Two alarm chili mixes were a cool suprise. I am a avid chili fan and make my own quite often. I have a feeling the kids will this stuff for dad...

A southwest plane model also came. Havent flown them in 18 years but brought back memories of waiting in line at a airport ticket counter to buy cheap tickets on them in the days before the internet

A notebook and pen combo also came, in the santa letter he mentioned keeping notes on flights but I havent tried that so perhaps in 2017 I can try that too.

Thanks for everything Santa very grateful.

Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So christmas came. This year I had three secret santas.

I sent my gifts end of november. All my gifts were received within a week, two out of three aknowledged the gift receipts here but one nada also was alot of thought and effort put into these so a little sad to see that in 22 days they didnt post anything... ust saying. I know people are busy but still if youre very busy maybe best to not participate...

Postage was a killer this year

I received 2 santa gifts this year so perhaps one of my santas was late in shipping or I am on the naughty list

My santa gifts came from the UK and US via germany. Thanks again Santas the gifts were super cool.

I plan on testing my gifts on my last trip of the year ����������

Cant wait to see what my own santa giftees think of their gifts if and when the post pictures and comments here... its half the fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.