Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:43 pm

I got my first gift today. Big Thank You! To Hockeymom93!

[/IMG]

I love everything. And everything will be very useful. I already have the socks on. So, comfy and soft. And I may have tried a few of the candies as soon as I opened them.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:51 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
"You MAY have tried a few of the candies"? That is like Kipper saying she MAY have opened a gift early! :-)

Originally Posted by miko2a

I love everything. And everything will be very useful. I already have the socks on. So, comfy and soft. And I may have tried a few of the candies as soon as I opened them.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I love Arbonne products! Their stuff has been very good to my skin.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Amtrak (and various scattered miles)
Argh, my new phone doesn't arrive until tomorrow, but I want to thank my Santas for the sauces, the Basques, the Frank Lloyd Wright, and of course the challenge of switching me - or keeping me - at UA.

And for everyone who is getting things from me, they will unfortunately arrive in piecemeal but I tried my best to put cards to all of them. The theme is "cheeky and useful".
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
To my Secret Santa - My completely appreciated gifts arrived today! How thoughtful and kind you are to focus on our upcoming trip to Paris in 2017! The gift bags are luscious and their contents are just spot on! I could not be happier!! Thank you most sincerely, and when I get a chance to figure out posting pics of them on FT, I will. Many thx for the beautiful DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Paris. I mean, really....who doesn't LOVE Eyewitness guidebooks?!! And, I'm thrilled to receive such a cool international travel plug adapter/charger!! Just perfect!! And so well designed!! Merry Christmas, and may I just say, "Job well done!" Best wishes for a wonderful 2017 to you and yours! (I hope you see this post, SS.)

Last edited by Tpa-flyer; Dec 19, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
"You MAY have tried a few of the candies"? That is like Kipper saying she MAY have opened a gift early! :-)
LOL, I resemble that remark!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I am very very delighted to have my SS be so thoughtful as to give me a Paris guidebook and international adapter/charger! Each is appreciated so much!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Thanks to my SS a fantastic gift! There was no name in the package so whoever you are, thanks so much! The Thomas Haas chocolates are simply amazing. Came across them in my visit to Vancouver last month. The Chai tea bar I had there was fantastic so I have no doubt that the Matcha will also be great! I'm excited to read through the book as well! Very interesting pics on first glance!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:24 am

Boo Hoo.........I sent my gift overseas and haven't seen a posting yet? It should have definitely arrived by now so here is hoping it made it's journey. I didn't get tracking as the cost was, well to say the least, ridiculous - I crossed my fingers it would make it.

I did open my package and I too received a Vancouver in the Seventies book and an Edmonton Oiler's book. Thank you very much as I look forward to reading both of these.....
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Ba humbug... I rec'd a message from the local Swedish Postoffice and 1 of my gifts was returned to me because SWEDISH CUSTOMS rejected it due to IATA's rules on aerosols for flying...Uggggh. BTW it took them over 10 days to return it back to me.
Sent a DM to wharvey explaining the situation and ask to DM to my giftee. Fingers cross it will make it to Austria before the BIG Day if not, it should arrive early next week. I knew about the aerosols while flying yourself but had no idea about shipping. Lesson learn... Here is what I rec'd from the naughty Swedish Customs...
Attached Images  
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:22 am

Part III of PGJABG's fantastic grift arrived! An awesome Swell bottle - perfect for (pumpkin spice) coffee on the go! (Also, I'm going to PM you about returning one of them; sorry for the whole shipping fiasco!)
Here's a complete picture of all the wonderful and generous gifts from PBJAG:

I also received a wonderful and kind note from Alexei (aka zoui21) along with an awesome aerial drone! Truly a fantastic and generous gift:
Attached Images   
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Thanks Santa EJL for my United swag. I especially liked the wine opener and coffee mugs, and the chocolate!
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:20 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
SANTA UPDATE:

This will be my last posting for awhile; Santa will be leaving for a well-needed break in NYC for the next week.

I just sent messages to each of you who I do not show having completed your assignments. Remember, you committed to having gifts received by Christmas Day!

In addition, I sent my first message to verify received gifts. I have too many blanks in my spreadsheet. Remember, posting in this thread is not sufficient... you had to sent me a message.

Chief Santa does not participate in the gift exchange; make me happy by helping my spreadsheet get completed.

I will be away until late next week.

I apologize to anyone who did not receive their gift in time; hopefully it will be there in time.

Happy Holidays
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:35 pm

I also got a box of artisanal coffees from an annulled Santa today... can't wait to try them!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:57 pm
Commander Catcop

Many MEOWY Thanks to my Secret Santa who hit a home run

Once
Twice
Thrice
FOUR TIMES!!!

(My Mets can use you)

*Love Lonely Planet guides and hoped I would get one for Iceland where I hope to see the Northern Lights in 2017
*Did not know there was a book on the life of one of my favorite artists, George Strait. Will enjoy getting to know more about the KING of country Music
*Beer is one of my four basic food groups so I will enjoy learning more of one of my favorite things (and suspect my Beer buds will ask to borrow the book)
*BONUS: My Winnie and Tigger thank you for their treats. They love getting gifts as much as I do.

PAWS crossed my photo posts here! I hate technology!

PS: Secret Santa if you come to NYC please message me for a drink or lunch or Dinner or a rumoured new Soup Do in 2017

MEOWY Holidays Everyone!!!
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.