Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by sperkins921
I'd also like to add- when your Santa requests additional info- please be expedient on returning that info. My Santee missed out on two things because I didn't get a response in time. We're traveling next month, so that person's package has to be out the door by Black Friday to be safe. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond to PM's!!
We're still waiting to hear back from 4 people that I sent messages to.

Here at the North Pole, we recognize the fact that Flyertalkers may be out of communication when on a business/pleasure trip.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Is it a drone?? Or just a regular airplane?
It's a regular airplane. But it's one of those things that I've been interested in and just never done anything about it. There's an RC field about two blocks from where I live, so it all just fits together so well.

Bill
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:33 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update.... Santa is getting in the holiday spirit... I left Georgia on Friday... arrived in Rochester NY for a week to help out an elderly friend. It was 71 degrees on Friday and Saturday.... and today we have over a foot of snow as I look out her windows onto Lake Ontario!

FYI: I will be doing one final set of assignments late next week. If you want in, you must have me your information no later than 5 pm on Friday, December 2nd. NO EXCEPTIONS.

If you are already participating and want additional assignments, please resubmit your information and tell me how many more assignments you want.

NOTE TO FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS: You can only get an additional assignment IF your original recipient has confirmed receipt of their gift.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Gift 1/5 received

Thank you, Jordan (jcrew7384?), for the gift. I can guarantee you I'll use all these items
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by MrDplus
Thank you, Jordan (jcrew7384?), for the gift. I can guarantee you I'll use all these items
Those are really cool!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Santa has been busy. One recipient's gifts have all been ordered or shipped as of today,and the second recipient's gifts should all be ordered/shipped by tomorrow. Still working on recipient #3.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MrDplus

Those are very cool!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Such fun to see pics of this received gift! My nephew is a retired FA and thx to this sharing of gift pic I am no longer in a quandary as to what to give him this year. He's definitely getting airplane wine stoppers and airplane corkscrew! Thx for the inspiration.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:35 pm

My Santas have been busy! BXIAN sent me this yummy cookbook, which touches on my love of cooking and my love of beer! Up for this weekend: figuring out what recipes I'm cooking on Saturday and Sunday, after my in-laws leave. I should probably note that Mr. Kipper leaves to go hunting on Sunday, so he may not sample much.

Then, Strawbearlyjamms sent me a PM indicating that I'll be receiving a few packages!
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
My Santas have been busy! BXIAN sent me this yummy cookbook, which touches on my love of cooking and my love of beer! Up for this weekend: figuring out what recipes I'm cooking on Saturday and Sunday, after my in-laws leave. I should probably note that Mr. Kipper leaves to go hunting on Sunday, so he may not sample much.
Aren't you supposed to wait until Christmas to open presents?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Aren't you supposed to wait until Christmas to open presents?
Do I ever?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
The #1 Elf just brought something to my attention. @:-)

Has this ever happened to you. You send a PM (private message), and the person you're sending the message to doesn't accept PM's??

If you're one of those posters here that don't have PM's set up, please do so. I couldn't contact someone (BeautifulEva) to let them know there gift was on the way (unwrapped). Be on the lookout. This is the message that your Secret Santa wanted to send. Other details have been left out of the above.
This means you BeautifulEva and sandratravels. The elves have questions for you; so if you don't want coal, please send me a PM so I can forward your message.

Our front desk person (yes, this is Flyertalk, so we have someone at the front desk) reminds anyone sending me a PM to include your Santees screen name. I can't forward your message without knowing who to send it to. Please don't make us make additional inquiries.

Since the workshop is all caught up, the elves are taking Thanksgiving off.

HE53.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Enjoy the cookbook, Kipper! While I sent gift #1 out early, I figured that this would be a good long weekend for trying new recipes. Santa is not done with your gifting-more on the way
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC
Shopping is all done for me and my two gifts will be sent out when I make a trip down to the US this Friday.

Hopefully they will get them early next week and enjoy them!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by wharvey
Santa Update.... Santa is getting in the holiday spirit... I left Georgia on Friday... arrived in Rochester NY for a week to help out an elderly friend. It was 71 degrees on Friday and Saturday.... and today we have over a foot of snow as I look out her windows onto Lake Ontario!

FYI: I will be doing one final set of assignments late next week. If you want in, you must have me your information no later than 5 pm on Friday, December 2nd. NO EXCEPTIONS.

If you are already participating and want additional assignments, please resubmit your information and tell me how many more assignments you want.

NOTE TO FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS: You can only get an additional assignment IF your original recipient has confirmed receipt of their gift.
What if the recipient isn't communicative? Can we provide tracking info in lieu of that? It would suck to miss out because your Santee is on vacation, business travel, or otherwise just not responding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.