Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
if I changed my forum display and login name right now. would it confuse all of the santa activities? would it be easier to just wait until after the holidays?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I'm going to pass this year. I've had two deliquent Santas in the last two years, including one who stuck me with the FedEx shipping bill. Fortunately, FedEx wasn't as much of a Grich as that ....... was...whomever he or she in New Jersey was. Good Luck everyone else.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 98103
I'm going to pass this year. I've had two deliquent Santas in the last two years, including one who stuck me with the FedEx shipping bill. Fortunately, FedEx wasn't as much of a Grich as that ....... was...whomever he or she in New Jersey was. Good Luck everyone else.
Holy crap! They stuck you with the FedEx shipping bill? How the heck did they do that? That's terrible! I'm so sorry that you had that experience :-(
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Ugh, people drive me crazy, I'm sorry that happened to you! I hope you mentioned it to wharvey and that they're now on the "bad list."

I hope everyone has a good time this year, it's unfortunate when things like that happen
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I'm so sorry this happened to you and I understand your reticence when it comes to participating again. Surely if you throw your hat into the ring again wharvey could match you with a very reliable participant from past years. Two bad apples sometimes can spoil the whole basket, but I assure you there are many of us who want you to have a positive experience.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
So sorry!

I've participated for at least 7 years (maybe longer, I can't remember) and am usually in for 5 gifts (I did 6 last year!). I've had one bad santa that never sent me a gift but someone kindly stepped up and sent me one. I've sent to a couple of people who never posted what they got and were bad santas to others. But overall my experience has been wonderful (I hope that I didn't just jinx myself for this year!)

I hope you reconsider

Thank you Wharvey for such a great service to the FT community!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:31 pm

I am a late joiner, but I am in again! I have really enjoyed participating in years past and am still very appreciative of the "bonus" Santa I had last year. Your kindness and acuity in selecting gifts still touches me.

It makes me sad that others have had less positive responses. I know some of the gifts I have sent may have fallen short of the mark, but there has always been thought put into it (some "hints" are near impossible to work with! Mine included. ).

Please do put me on the list of replacement/standby Santas - one can only hope that this will be the first year there will be no need for them, but do not hesitate to ask! (I don't always follow this thread closely enough - there can be a lot of rapid fire posting. )

Last edited by nomadic.relief; Nov 7, 2016 at 10:31 pm Reason: double negative
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:20 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
SANTA UPDATE:

Just three days left to sign up for Secret Santa.... once the window closes, I will work to get assignments done as soon as possible. Expect your assignments next week.

Finally, six of you have chosen me as someone you wanted to be assigned. As I indicated in the initial thread, I no longer participate personally. Each year, I step up to help out on people who get shorted... so I have chosen to not participate initially. I do appreciate the kind thoughts of wanting to get assigned to me!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Ahhhh, next week we get our assignments?! Goody, goody, gumdrops!! Can't wait! "Let the games begin!"
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
My elves don't like reading stories like this.

The office of HeadElf at Santa's Workshop is here to provide assistance to anyone that needs additional questions asked of their Santee. This office will keep your confidence. I'm happy to forward your question.

Please send me a PM if your Santee should provide additional information.

I'll start checking in regularly when Boss Santa wharvey gets the ball rolling.
Now if you'll excuse me, I hear some of the elves yelling in the workshop. They've been discussing politics.

HE53
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Now if you'll excuse me, I hear some of the elves yelling in the workshop. They've been discussing politics.

HE53
Based on the outcome of US politics some of us may be wanting to come move to the north pole with you! LOL
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:35 pm

@wharvey,

about how long does it take before we should expect the Santa icon under our names? My name went on the list about a week ago and still nothing.....
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:11 am
Original Poster

I submitted your name last week.... IB is responsible for the icons... I cannot add them myself. I will reach out again.

Originally Posted by sperkins921
@wharvey,

about how long does it take before we should expect the Santa icon under our names? My name went on the list about a week ago and still nothing.....
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Santa update.

I updated post #2 with all members who have submitted proper information. If your handle is not on that post, then you are not in the mix yet.

Several of you indicated in this thread that you were going to join but I have not received your information. The deadline is Nov 11.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Based on the outcome of US politics some of us may be wanting to come move to the north pole with you! LOL
Full disclosure... We're up in the northern Adirondack Mountains of NY State (close to Canada).

http://www.northpoleny.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.