Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yep! I just ordered my gifts for my giftees on Amazon. Amazon lets you include gift wrap (for a fee) and/or a gift receipt where you can write your own message to your giftee. (free). I hope my giftee likes them!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:08 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
All wrapped and packed!

Now to decide where to ship from....
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
What makes you think I did not know dear?
Santa always knows!
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If I am using Amazon for some of my gifts is it acceptable to have Amazon ship it directly to the recipient or are we suppose to have it shipped to us and then ship it forward?

I have never used Amazon for shipping as a secret santa before and not even sure if they could mail it without show the identity of the shipper and I want to make sure the recipient knows its from their FT secret santa
I've received gifts and shipped gifts directly from Amazon. It's nice because you can include a gift message and/or gift wrapping.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Sorry for the delayed response to those of you that PM'd me. I was busy supervising the elves.

I'll make inquiries for you (without mentioning your name), and get back to you when they respond.

Keep 'em coming.

For those of you that want to remain secret, I'm more than happy to let you use my address as your return address on your package. Please PM me. The North Pole linked used upthread, was General Delivery only.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Just logged on after being off-line for several days to see my assignments. I am very grateful that all five of my folks gave me great information and ideas for what I can get them. Now off to shop. Thanks to all for making this one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Went shopping today. It was fun to shop for gifts for total strangers 😀 Hopefully the gifts will bring some holiday cheer to each and all it sure did for me

I went alot more personal and local this year, so maybe that will suprise my giftees.

Unfortunately alot of the requests were items hard or impossible to obtain feasibly from my location so I tried to make the best of it.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
Went shopping today. It was fun to shop for gifts for total strangers 😀 Hopefully the gifts will bring some holiday cheer to each and all it sure did for me

I went alot more personal and local this year, so maybe that will suprise my giftees.

Unfortunately alot of the requests were items hard or impossible to obtain feasibly from my location so I tried to make the best of it.
I am also in the position of having received an oddly specific geographical request to fulfil. I need to try to find the closest inspired thing....
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by kauppias

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am also in the position of having received an oddly specific geographical request to fulfil. I need to try to find the closest inspired thing....
For geographical requests, reach out to FTers who live near the location!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
The #1 Elf just brought something to my attention. @:-)

Has this ever happened to you. You send a PM (private message), and the person you're sending the message to doesn't accept PM's??

If you're one of those posters here that don't have PM's set up, please do so. I couldn't contact someone (BeautifulEva) to let them know there gift was on the way (unwrapped). Be on the lookout. This is the message that your Secret Santa wanted to send. Other details have been left out of the above.

HeadElf53.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Just to let my Santa know- I received two boxes from Amazon today. Sadly, because I was expecting boxes from Amazon (so many Christmas gifts to prepare, so little time lol) I accidentally opened one. One box was marked gift, so I knew it was part of the FT SS 2016. The other, I managed not to completely ruin the surprise because the gift receipt was on top and I happened to catch a word that made me stop before I went too far. Because this is exchange is my Christmas this year (computer died so replacing that= no Christmas) I'm saving the boxes to open on Christmas. Not sure if there's more, but now I at least know to be on the lookout and read the labels. Thank you Santa!! I will post pictures on Christmas.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
The #1 Elf just brought something to my attention. @:-)

Has this ever happened to you. You send a PM (private message), and the person you're sending the message to doesn't accept PM's??

If you're one of those posters here that don't have PM's set up, please do so. I couldn't contact someone (BeautifulEva) to let them know there gift was on the way (unwrapped). Be on the lookout. This is the message that your Secret Santa wanted to send. Other details have been left out of the above.

HeadElf53.
I'd also like to add- when your Santa requests additional info- please be expedient on returning that info. My Santee missed out on two things because I didn't get a response in time. We're traveling next month, so that person's package has to be out the door by Black Friday to be safe. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond to PM's!!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Oh boy.....this sounds oddly guiltily familiar. Some of us are infatuated with places we've been in our travels. I'm guilty of having written a book about things I like, and included a region, but because this year I didn't have anything super specific I wanted- I didn't actually get into details. I hope whomever they are that my poor Santa wasn't too troubled or put out; if so, I'm sorry. I'll do better next year!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Oh boy.....this sounds oddly guiltily familiar. Some of us are infatuated with places we've been in our travels. I'm guilty of having written a book about things I like, and included a region, but because this year I didn't have anything super specific I wanted- I didn't actually get into details. I hope whomever they are that my poor Santa wasn't too troubled or put out; if so, I'm sorry. I'll do better next year!
No need to feel guilty. This is sort of the forum to go for odd geographic specifications, we tend to travel a lot.

I actually have a trip coming up to the country in question, but only 2 to 3 months too late. So I need to just use it as inspiration for ideas.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Yay!

My Secret Santa gift arrived today!

Just the sort of thing I'd never buy myself, but I'll enjoy as a gift.

(And the big box will be good for me to send out my gift, also.)

Thanks, Santa!

Bill
Attached Images  
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by whherron
My Secret Santa gift arrived today!

Just the sort of thing I'd never buy myself, but I'll enjoy as a gift.

(And the big box will be good for me to send out my gift, also.)

Thanks, Santa!

Bill
Is it a drone?? Or just a regular airplane? Those drones seem to be getting so popular!
Good weather today (at least in New England) for a flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.