Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by mia
It's all Citi, American Express isn't involved. Ihere are two vintages of the Citi Platinum American Express card. Older cards have a 75,000 point annual limit, and newer cards have the 150,000 point limit. I figure Citi has a system problem that doesn't allow them to reliably distinguish the accounts. What I don't understand is why they would not simply upgrade the old accounts.
I guess that is true...but again Chairman is also Citi and that is whole different animal...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:36 am

Annual fee seems to be $125 now...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by drjhwang
Annual fee seems to be $125 now...
That is correct now.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:08 pm

Just spoke to 2 different CSR regarding my account because I am ready to go over 75,000 points limit. Both confirmed right away that the limit is 150,000 per year. One I called last year, they would initially say 75,000. Maybe they finally updated their system?

Can somebody else call regarding their account and see what they will say now compared to last year?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: NWA, United
This should be interesting.. I applied while the card still had an annual fee of $99. Approved yesterday. Hopefully the terms they send me with the card will still be the old amount. But if not I'll be ready to fight it 12 months from now with the T&C I printed out when I applied.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CO Pres+
Originally Posted by aggiedjv
This should be interesting.. I applied while the card still had an annual fee of $99. Approved yesterday. Hopefully the terms they send me with the card will still be the old amount. But if not I'll be ready to fight it 12 months from now with the T&C I printed out when I applied.
I threw mine away after I saw the 15K TY bonus posted ...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aggiedjv
... applied while the card still had an annual fee of $99.
When can we change the rates, fees, and terms of your card agreement?

We will not voluntarily increase your rates and fees or change other terms of your card agreement until your card expires, typically in two years. At that time, we will review your credit history and general market conditions. If we decide to make changes after our review, you will receive advance notice and a right to opt out. If you opt out, we will close your account. You can then pay the remaining balance under the old rates, fees, and terms. Of course this paragraph does not apply to the automatic default APR and Prime Rate changes. It also does not apply to changes required by law, our regulators, or our network providers.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
most of my missing points finally posted

I was missing almost 60K points because of the point cap set at 75K per year instead of 150K. After 3 months of countless faxes, phone calls, and snail mails, I have finally received all but 5400 missing points. At this point I am giving up on the remainder as my time is not worth it. I am glad that all of this work on my part finally paid off for the most part. My advice to anyone with this card is to tread slowly after you pass 75K points per year, until you see for yourself that your limit is 150K. Getting the missing points was way too much of a hassle.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA 1MM
Originally Posted by budblab
I was missing almost 60K points because of the point cap set at 75K per year instead of 150K. After 3 months of countless faxes, phone calls, and snail mails, I have finally received all but 5400 missing points. At this point I am giving up on the remainder as my time is not worth it. I am glad that all of this work on my part finally paid off for the most part. My advice to anyone with this card is to tread slowly after you pass 75K points per year, until you see for yourself that your limit is 150K. Getting the missing points was way too much of a hassle.
Very nice, good for you! 5400 points is small enough to forget.
Good advice as well.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 9:39 am

I "lost" about 6000 points at the end of last year because they were over the 75K limit. I did nothing (intended to but I had not got around to it) to remedy the situation but in my last statement all of those points were added to my total under the heading of "point adjustment". In my case, all's well that ends well.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 1:17 pm

I received missing points on my card aswell. I called Citi Customer service several times in December. At the end all went well. But I will be very careful once 75K reachs this year. I will charge few dollars over 75 k limit to check if I am getting points over 75K.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 1:38 pm

Is the 75,000 point cap include the 15,000 signup bonus, or is the 75,000 separate?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: CITI Chairman AMEX, Citi PL AMEX ,Citi Pro MC, BoA Amex, One Pass, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
That is correct now.
So, when I renew it is going to be $125 now? I think I'll be dumping that card when it comes up I don't need to spend the 125 for the PP access. The Chairman Card gives more for Priority Pass.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Lucky Loser
...when I renew it is going to be $125...?
My reading of Citi's policy is that the new annual fee would not apply until the expiration date embossed on the card. I expect this means the first renewal will be $99, but the current rate ($125, now) thereafter.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:29 am

Experience with Concierge

The service was from "VIP Desk Service". I needed a reservation for a Saturday night at one the Gorden Ramsey's Restaurants in Tokyo for next week. Called in on a Sunday afternoon. A few hours later they had a reservation secured (They had quoted up to 48 hours for a response.) ^

They also offered to look into entertainment before or after dinner if I wanted. I took them up on the offer and will see what they come up with.

All in all, they were very fast and saved me the time, money and hassle of trying to cold call Tokyo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.