Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2008, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by upgrader
I have two or my three free annual visits left for the current membership year. If I visit a PP club can I use one of these free visits for myself and one for a guest at the same visit or can I only use one for myself on each separate visit and have to pay for a guest on any visit?
Free visits are only for Citi Plt Amex cardmembers and guests will be charged an entry fee, unless your guest also has a Citi Plat. Amex
Old Jun 7, 2008, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Free visits are only for Citi Plt Amex cardmembers and guests will be charged an entry fee, unless your guest also has a Citi Plat. Amex

Thanks. What if the guest is my wife who also has a Citi Amex Platinum with her name on it but my number. In other words, she's an authorized user of a second card with the same number.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:04 am

Thanks. What if the guest is my wife who also has a Citi Amex Platinum with her name on it but my number. In other words, she's an authorized user of a second card with the same number.
I remember reading about it somewhere here on the forum. I think her card needs to be registered with Priority Pass, but I don't know how it will work if probably her card and yours have the same card number.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by cardtracker
I used the link in the forum to register for IdentityMonitor and ended up with a message that Citi couldn't verify the entered information possibly due to being a new card account and to try back in seven days. Anyone run into problems when signing up? Do you have to go through a billing cycle prior to being able to register? Thanks
As an update, I waited a few days for charges to post against the account and then went back in to the forum link to try registering. This time the registration went right through without a problem.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I remember reading about it somewhere here on the forum. I think her card needs to be registered with Priority Pass, but I don't know how it will work if probably her card and yours have the same card number.
I think that is correct. As an AU your wife can also sign up for a Priority Pass as was reported here. Then, you'd both have 3 free visits each year for yourselves.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:28 am

Programs: CITI Chairman AMEX, Citi PL AMEX ,Citi Pro MC, BoA Amex, One Pass, Marriott Gold
I just got some magazine 360 from Citi? Anybody else get it?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by moss389
I think that is correct. As an AU your wife can also sign up for a Priority Pass as was reported here. Then, you'd both have 3 free visits each year for yourselves.
Thanks for the info. What about kids? Are they free?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Lucky Loser
got it too. nothing too remarkable, but im glad they're trying to up the perks that come with the card.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:14 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Yeah, it's the second one I've received ...
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:00 pm

Never got one But maybe just got thrown out by my wife Is it any good?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:45 am

No problem establishing a second Priority Pass "3 free visits per year" account for my wife who is an authorized user of my Citi Amex and has her own separate card with all numbers exactly the same as mine but with her name. Just followed the links suggested above. I tried also to sign her up for Identity Monitor but got the "maybe a new card - try back in a week" response. Is it even possible to sign her up for a separate Identity Monitor account for free or am I just hoping for too much?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by jimglobe
Thanks for the info. What about kids? Are they free?
I'm not sure. My guess is it depends on the specific lounge that you're trying to gain access to. If you go to the Priority Pass website and find the lounge you want in the pull-down menus, you will see a section named "Conditions". In some it says immediate family members can enter with the cardholder, or that children under 2 are free. Some of them don't specify, so I'd imagine that kids wouldn't be allowed free in those cases.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by moss389
I'm not sure. My guess is it depends on the specific lounge that you're trying to gain access to. If you go to the Priority Pass website and find the lounge you want in the pull-down menus, you will see a section named "Conditions". In some it says immediate family members can enter with the cardholder, or that children under 2 are free. Some of them don't specify, so I'd imagine that kids wouldn't be allowed free in those cases.
Under Citi Platinum program each additional guest will be charged to your Citi Plat Amex at $27 per guest.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 7:33 pm

Do I earn thank you points on the purchase of gift cards? Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2008, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by jimglobe
Do I earn thank you points on the purchase of gift cards? Thanks
Yes. On any purchase

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.