Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by SQ59
I just checked my TYN account and my Citi Plat AMEX is now back. The card had been MIA since 01/01/08.
I did not call customer service (TYN or Citi), so perhaps this means the problem is being fixed?
same here
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by budblab
perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded...YMMV...try at your own risk"
I do not see any risk with this card. It has the best benefits for the price. We just want to be able to earn 150,000 typ as promised by CITI. Otherwise I have no problem with this card and I have been using it for 90% of my purchases since I got it.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by SQ59
I just checked my TYN account and my Citi Plat AMEX is now back. The card had been MIA since 01/01/08.
I did not call customer service (TYN or Citi), so perhaps this means the problem is being fixed?
My account is also back to normally being displayed on typ.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I do not see any risk with this card. It has the best benefits for the price. We just want to be able to earn 150,000 typ as promised by CITI. Otherwise I have no problem with this card and I have been using it for 90% of my purchases since I got it.
The risk is the 150K point cap. I used this card for business and should have quickly accumulated 135K points, but they capped my account at 75K, so I am missing 60K. Two months of phone calls, letters, and faxes, and still no points in sight. At this point I have no confidence that this will ever be resolved. They even had the audactity to insist that I signed up under a different offer, solicited by mail, which is totally false. I signed up on their own website, and I have a copy of the T&C from the offer at the time, which I faxed to them. I agree that there is no risk if you limit your spending to the 75K point cap, and then test the 75K limit with a small charge over that amount.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by budblab
The risk is the 150K point cap. I used this card for business and should have quickly accumulated 135K points, but they capped my account at 75K, so I am missing 60K. Two months of phone calls, letters, and faxes, and still no points in sight. At this point I have no confidence that this will ever be resolved. They even had the audactity to insist that I signed up under a different offer, solicited by mail, which is totally false. I signed up on their own website, and I have a copy of the T&C from the offer at the time, which I faxed to them. I agree that there is no risk if you limit your spending to the 75K point cap, and then test the 75K limit with a small charge over that amount.
I hear your pains, I am in a very similar situation. However, I do not consider it a risk when you are aware of something that might happen. I think we should just continue to complain to them.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Join our club and very nice and efficient Citi customer service
Is a lousy customer service is something you find it amusing or enjoyable?

Otherwise, why should it be a instead of a ? or at least a ?

Not a proper place for such humor...

I certainly dont think people who sign up the card based on the 150K advertised on Citi's own website T&Cs, are aware of what might happen - that Citi does not intend to honor its own offer. Otherwise, what the T&Cs are for?!

Last edited by Happy; Jan 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm
Old Jan 7, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Beckles
I agree, however, the CID on my card (issued in October) has already been worn off, if I tilt it and look at it from a certain angle you can still make it out, but the print is gone.
Mine has worn off too (got the card in October)--surprising that citi would choose to print it this way. I took a ballpoint pen and wrote the CID on the back of the card, in the signature box.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:53 pm

Does this card allow Admiral's Club access?
Also, is there a list of lounges they allow access to?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:00 pm

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/index.cfm
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by mtparadis
Thanks-I guess that means I'm not applying.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
Originally Posted by JeremyG5
Does this card allow Admiral's Club access?
Also, is there a list of lounges they allow access to?
Two cards that enable Admiral Club access are:

1. Merrill+ - Spend $50k and earn a free Admirals Club membership or spend 35,000 Merrill points to get a membership
2. American Express Platinum - If you fly American you can access the Admirals club with your Amex Platinum Card
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is recurring confusion between The Platinum Card, a charge card issued by American Express in Personal, Business and Corporate versions, versus all other platinum-colored cards issued by American Express and various banks which also issue Amex network cards. American Express is surely aware of this issue and really needs to rebrand The Platinum Card.

It's accurate to say that if a card has a Blue Box logo on the front it is not valid for lounge entry, but even this isn't sufficient because there is a series of American Express Platinum Business credit cards without this logo that are not eligible, and they have permitted Citi to issue the Chairman card without a front panel logo.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: spg gold
does anyone have a link for this offer

Originally Posted by awake
Citi® Platinum American Express® Card
$0 for 12 months, $99 thereafter

Earn great rewards, access to VIP airport lounges, companion air tickets, and 15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $300 in purchases. You will even earn 5 ThankYou Points for every dollar spent on purchases at supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations and 3 ThankYou Points on other purchases for 24 months from the date you become a cardmember. There’s no pre-set spending limit.

Let the Citi Platinum American Express Card be your access to over 500 VIP airport lounges in more than 90 countries and 275 cities worldwide no matter what airline or class of ticket. Relax in comfort away from the chaos and enjoy complimentary refreshments and snacks with Priority PassTM. Free annual membership in Priority PassTM, VIP airport lounge program (a $99 annual savings) and the cost of your first 3 cardmember lounge visits waived (normally $24 per visit) – initial enrollment required along with yearly renewal.

Make your next trip more affordable with unlimited companion tickets on domestic and international airlines to hundreds of destinations on several domestic and international airlines including Virgin Atlantic and Mexicana Airlines.

15,000 ThankYou PointsEarn 15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you make $300 in purchases within 3 months of becoming a cardmember.
I NEED A LINK FOR THIS OFFER, THANKS
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
It's not exactly hidden.
https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...o?screenID=927
Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Have you tried searching? Search option is an amazing thing. The link is listed in this thread. Have you checked post #70? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=70

Enjoy the card!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.