Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:38 pm

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
- Card looks clean and snazzy.

-- And speaking of ThankYou, this is not going well so far. I tried to add this new card ("sponsor") account to my existing ThankYou account, but the computer wouldn't accept it. Called up ThankYou, and the rep protested that she couldn't find the card in her system. She connected me to a friendly but ineffective rep in India, who claimed stubbornly that I wasn't allowed to add a Citi Amex card to my existing TY account, despite clear language inviting me to do so on the Add Sponsor screen.

<sigh>. Should I just call back later in the week and speak to someone else, or do you have any other suggestions for attaching this card to my existing TY account?
Isn't it funny how these boards work. I got the exact same run around today between the two. I finally gave up. I didn't get any info with the card. Does this come later?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Fiedler, thanks, I'll wait 'til a few days after my statement posts.
Mikey: what Fiedler said :-)
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
This card has been one failure after another. I called them and asked for my 75k points from India (vonage with a local ELP number)and talked to a manager. As usual, they have noted it in the acct, but will not give me the 75k points that are due even though I have charged that amount. They supposedly sent me a letter that states that but when I will recieve the points will have to wait till I get back stateside and check my pony mail.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:04 am

After reading posts re difficulty adding the Citi Platinum AMEX card to the Thank You network, I checked my TY account to find that my AMEX card has been removed from my TY account !!!!! It was there last month..now it's gone. I tried to re-add the card to my account but it says "account not recognized". I'll give them a call tomorrow...this makes no sense!!!!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA 1MM
Originally Posted by tb1212
After reading posts re difficulty adding the Citi Platinum AMEX card to the Thank You network, I checked my TY account to find that my AMEX card has been removed from my TY account !!!!! It was there last month..now it's gone. I tried to re-add the card to my account but it says "account not recognized". I'll give them a call tomorrow...this makes no sense!!!!
I found the same thing. Hopefully it will auto-correct.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:01 pm

- Card looks clean and snazzy.

- IdentityMonitor is kind of crappy, since it only monitors Experian (in contrast with AMEX's 3-bureau product)

- I like how the *first* option you get when calling is to speak with a service representative. I still try to use the automated system when possible, but I think offering up a rep upfront is a good, customer-friendly sign.

- No info re: PriorityPass or IdentityMonitor in the info packet I was mailed. Just successfully signed up for the IM service, but need to hunt for the PP link again. It's odd that Citibank doesn't provide this info in their booklet of benefits!

- The airfare companion pass is a total joke, just like most companion passes. The cost for the "buy-1-get-1-free" ticket is just slightly over double what I'd normally pay for a 14-day-advance airfare. Gee, ThankYou Citibank for your generosity here ;-).

- And speaking of ThankYou, this is not going well so far. I tried to add this new card ("sponsor") account to my existing ThankYou account, but the computer wouldn't accept it. Called up ThankYou, and the rep protested that she couldn't find the card in her system. She connected me to a friendly but ineffective rep in India, who claimed stubbornly that I wasn't allowed to add a Citi Amex card to my existing TY account, despite clear language inviting me to do so on the Add Sponsor screen.

<sigh>. Should I just call back later in the week and speak to someone else, or do you have any other suggestions for attaching this card to my existing TY account?
IdentityMonitor is does let you pull all 3 reports. It is set by default to Experian only, but changing settings will let you pull all 3.

Priority Pass link is listed in this thread and searching should help you.

Regarding TY network, just call back after holidays and you should be fine. In order to enroll it online, I think you do have to wait till the first statement, but I am not sure.

Good luck and Happy New Year.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Hey TAHKUCT,

Thanks for the note!

- Gah, I feel stupid for not noting that we could request a 3-in-1 report. Just ordered that (free) report .
- The Web page listed in this thread for PP -- http://prioritypass.com/citi/amex/ -- doesn't work for me on either Firefox or IE; gives me a "timed out" error every time .

Thanks again, and best of the New Year to you and the other cool flyertalkers out there
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:06 pm

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Hey TAHKUCT,

Thanks for the note!

- Gah, I feel stupid for not noting that we could request a 3-in-1 report. Just ordered that (free) report .
- The Web page listed in this thread for PP -- http://prioritypass.com/citi/amex/ -- doesn't work for me on either Firefox or IE; gives me a "timed out" error every time .

Thanks again, and best of the New Year to you and the other cool flyertalkers out there
I have just tried that link on my Treo and registration page for Priority Pass does come up. You might consider clearing up your browser cache and make sure you use IE. I had same problem with Firefox
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Prem, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold,
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I have just tried that link on my Treo and registration page for Priority Pass does come up. You might consider clearing up your browser cache and make sure you use IE. I had same problem with Firefox
No issue with using Firefox - I have used it successfully. Just tried it right before posting here. Must be a setting you have.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:50 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

I can get to the registration page
I enter in the first 6 digits of my card, then I get to a page with a Continue button.

I click the Continue button and then a pop-up browser window appears, telling me the session has expired.

I've tried this on two browsers at home, two browsers at work, same thing.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:32 pm

Ah, heard from PriorityPass (quick reply, too :-).

They correctly identified my pop-up blockers as the culprit. Temporarily disabling them fixed the problem.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 2:43 pm

Both my and my wife's cards were showing fine in our TY accounts. Neither one is showing today. Looks like a system bug..
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:33 am

I did call yesterday re my AMEX card not showing in my TY account. After talking to several CSRs for both TY and Citi, I asked for a supervisor at Citi who did verify that my AMEX card was still listed for my TY account but had been consolidated so that I only show 1 sponsored account. Makes no sense to me, but will wait and see how the points post this month.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:53 am

My Citi Plat AMEX also is no longer showing among my TYN sponsors - just the other three Citi cards I have. I reached my 75K max for the Plat Amex in October so perhaps they just temporarily removed it as a sponsor card since it could no longer accrue TY points in calendar 2007? Had the other FTers who've seen their AMEX Plat. card "disappear" also reached their 2007 maximum points or is it just coincidental that this is when mine was taken off the sponsored card list for me? The AMEX Platinum card has not reappeared on my account even though we are now into 2008 but it's only been a few days so I'll keep checking to see if it reappears. If not, I'll be on the phone to customer service like everyone else.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
mine is still showing under the TY acct...am supposed to call back on Jan 10th to see what the resolution is pending the investigation of the extra 75k pts they owe me to this day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.