Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:35 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
- Card looks clean and snazzy.
I agree, however, the CID on my card (issued in October) has already been worn off, if I tilt it and look at it from a certain angle you can still make it out, but the print is gone.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:49 am

For those who have had their cards disappear from their sponsor list:

I don't know if it's the same situation, but an earlier post in this thread indicated that if you added your new card to an existing TYP account, it typically disappeared after the 1st statement. If I understand correctly, Citi will generate a new TYP number with the points generated from the first statement, and then automatically merge it with your old account.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:03 pm

I got my card 2 months ago and I added it to my exisiting TY account (3 other sponser accounts) and the first statement points were added correctly. However, the card does not show anymore in the TY account and I am not able to add it again.

Same scenario for my wife with the only difference is that she had her card for 4 months with 2 other sponser accounts.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:23 pm

The TYN website is obviously a widespread glitch, so I'm not too worried about it. They'll get it resolved soon, I'm sure, as enough people have made them aware of it.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I got my card 2 months ago and I added it to my exisiting TY account (3 other sponser accounts) and the first statement points were added correctly. However, the card does not show anymore in the TY account and I am not able to add it again.

Same scenario for my wife with the only difference is that she had her card for 4 months with 2 other sponser accounts.
same here...
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ours disappeared as well. It was there in late Dec

Our last statement closed on 12/14. I checked the TYN to see if the points posted. They were. I also looked up the TYN account around X'mas time - because we have flight pts transferred to the TYN account from PPE. It seemed all cards were there.

Of course upon checking today, the AMEX is gone.

We never receive a new TY account on this card since the account opened in October.

I just called up TYN - the rep did not know why the AMEX disappeared, but she found the AMEX card and made a request to have the card being added back on. This is not the first time TYN has a card mysteriously disappeared. It happened in last year a card with long history including award history disappeared. When we called, the rep insisted the card has NEVER registered, despite we have actually claimed 2 awards from the points of that card. We also have had an existing TY account completely disappeared. When we finally got a new TY account set up, the existing log-in userid could not be used for the new account and had to set up a new userid.

As of now, despite the CSR said she had made the request, the AMEX remains a no-show.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:02 pm

I was calm till about few minutes ago, because I knw my December points from Amex card posted. However, my Amex card is no longer listed under a sponsor account, but does show up on my December TYP statement ;(
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I was calm till about few minutes ago, because I knw my December points from Amex card posted. However, my Amex card is no longer listed under a sponsor account, but does show up on my December TYP statement ;(
If it is not listed as sponsor account, the TYP from next statement would go somewhere else - most likely a new TY account that nobody has any idea about and the CSR has to hunt for it to merge it.

No correction happened on our TY account, despite the CSR found the "Orphaned" AMEX and made a request to bring it back in the fold.

This is super annoying as it is not the first time such thing happened.

I wonder anyone who has the AMEX has EVER received a new TY account for the card since the card is opened? We sure have not. We just added the AMEX to the existing TY account.

I almost want to bet, a new TY account has finally created for the AMEX. The only way to bring the AMEX back to the existing TY account, would be to merge the new TY account to the old one. However, untill we actually receive the paperwork of the new TY account, there does not seem anyone can do anything about it - not even the CSR of TY Network.

No wonder Citi stock is at multi-year low. It has been more than 3 years and they still cannot get the TY Network running smoothly. (we dont even want to talk about the Subprime mess.)
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
...my Amex card is no longer listed under a sponsor account, but does show up on my December TYP statement ;(
@:-) Perhaps all the Citi Platinum Amex accounts have been removed as part of the process to fix the 75k vs 150k cap problem?

Last edited by mia; Jan 5, 2008 at 3:39 am
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps all the Citi Platinum Amex accounts have been removed as part of the process to fix the 75k vs 150k cap problem? @:-)
Nice wish Mia
Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
@:-) Perhaps all the Citi Platinum Amex accounts have been removed as part of the process to fix the 75k vs 150k cap problem?
highly doubtful...........Over the past two months I have spent MANY hours on the phone with them, talking to supervisors, and writing faxes and letters to them about this. The CSR's keep "sending an email." Then I keep getting clueless letters back from S. Larson rejecting my plea. I think I have over 10 of them at this point. The last CSR I talked to told me that I should close this account and set up a new one. But what about my missing 60K points on this account???? And am I to have any confidence that the new account would be set up correctly? And, with the currect lack of competent customer service and the total lack of respect for my time, they expect me to open yet another account with them????
Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:41 am

CSR is a JOKE

I am having the same experience--after sending a detailed letter to Larson describing the situation I get some joke of a form letter telling me to contact TYN. What other options do we have to get this fixed????????????I am currently out nearly 60K points!!!!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by rocketman34
I am having the same experience--after sending a detailed letter to Larson describing the situation I get some joke of a form letter telling me to contact TYN. What other options do we have to get this fixed????????????I am currently out nearly 60K points!!!!
Join our club and very nice and efficient Citi customer service
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded...YMMV...try at your own risk"
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:16 pm

I just checked my TYN account and my Citi Plat AMEX is now back. The card had been MIA since 01/01/08.
I did not call customer service (TYN or Citi), so perhaps this means the problem is being fixed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.