Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by DH
How about guests? Free for first 3 visits as well?
If the club records you as having brought a guest on the Priority Pass log, you will be charged.

I found this out the hard way when I was recently charged $24 for bringing a non-existent guest into the DL Crown Room in JFK. When I called PP to complain, they responded by sending me a copy of the club's log which showed I was accompanied by someone.

Lesson learned: Before you sign the log upon entering the club, ensure they've recorded the correct data.

Last edited by PhillyInvestor; May 13, 2008 at 10:43 am Reason: Typo
Old May 13, 2008, 12:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
...sending me a copy of the club's log which showed I was accompanied by someone...
Did you keep the Priority Pass transaction form from the visit? Did you dispute the charge the same as any other unauthorized credit card transaction?
Old May 13, 2008, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by jeelele
No, it definitely does not matter. For both TY and Expedia, usernames are independent of account numbers.
Note that your actual name used on each account must match identically. I used a formal name on one and a call name on the other, and the computer would not link them.
Old May 13, 2008, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyer737
Note that your actual name used on each account must match identically. I used a formal name on one and a call name on the other, and the computer would not link them.
When I signed up for the TY Expedia account, expedia notified me that there already was a user (me) with the same name and address. Thus, I opted for a new TY number that I hopefully can link in a few days to my older TY account.
Old May 13, 2008, 7:45 pm

You should be able to link it right away
Old May 14, 2008, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mia
Did you keep the Priority Pass transaction form from the visit? Did you dispute the charge the same as any other unauthorized credit card transaction?
I didn't receive a transaction form or other receipt... never have, actually.

I guess I could dispute the charge, but Priority Pass has my signature on the log kept by the JFK Crown Room next to the notation that I brought a guest with me. (They sent me a copy of the document.) I obviously signed the log without looking at what was written.

I'm chalking this one up to an honest mistake by the person at the Crown Room combined with my not paying attention. It is frustrating to have to pay $24 for the error, however.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
I didn't receive a transaction form or other receipt... never have, actually.

I guess I could dispute the charge, but Priority Pass has my signature on the log kept by the JFK Crown Room next to the notation that I brought a guest with me. (They sent me a copy of the document.) I obviously signed the log without looking at what was written.

I'm chalking this one up to an honest mistake by the person at the Crown Room combined with my not paying attention. It is frustrating to have to pay $24 for the error, however.
Lesson learned. I'm not sure about the CRC format. But for NW WorldClubs it's a sign up sheet everyone signs. I think I'll make sure to write Zero in the guest column just to make sure from now on.
Old May 29, 2008, 5:16 pm

Just got the card and called Citi CS to confirm fact of 15K in TYP with first $300 in purchases as well as 5 TYP for supermarket, drug store and gas station, 3 TYP for everything for first 24 months since there was no confirmation of this with the card mailing. The CSR couldn't easily find any info and indicated she'd have to send a query to another unit.

My question is: Has anyone had any problems with getting the TYP indicated with the application offer?

Thanks
Old May 29, 2008, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by cardtracker
Just got the card and called Citi CS to confirm fact of 15K in TYP with first $300 in purchases as well as 5 TYP for supermarket, drug store and gas station, 3 TYP for everything for first 24 months since there was no confirmation of this with the card mailing. The CSR couldn't easily find any info and indicated she'd have to send a query to another unit.

My question is: Has anyone had any problems with getting the TYP indicated with the application offer?

Thanks
Not at all. The only problem I had in the past is yearly cap of TYP. I had to prove that it is 150,000 TYP per calendar year and not 75,000
Old Jun 1, 2008, 4:28 pm

I used the link in the forum to register for IdentityMonitor and ended up with a message that Citi couldn't verify the entered information possibly due to being a new card account and to try back in seven days. Anyone run into problems when signing up? Do you have to go through a billing cycle prior to being able to register? Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2008, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
I used the link in the forum to register for IdentityMonitor and ended up with a message that Citi couldn't verify the entered information possibly due to being a new card account and to try back in seven days. Anyone run into problems when signing up? Do you have to go through a billing cycle prior to being able to register? Thanks
I had the same message. They eventually sent me a package via mail with instructions. Try giving them a call.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 6:09 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Give it about 7 days from the time you activated your card. You should be able to register it online then. No need to call or do anything else. Just be patient.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:36 pm

I have had that message for six months straight now whenever I try to register. Whatever you do, do not call and sign up that way, even if they tell you there will be no charges. I did that and now they charge my Citi Platinum card $12.95 a month. I never got anything in the mail about signing up. Worse, neither Platinum support nor IdentityMonitor support know what to do with me. It's already cost me a broken phone.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by jeffblack12
I have had that message for six months straight now whenever I try to register. Whatever you do, do not call and sign up that way, even if they tell you there will be no charges. I did that and now they charge my Citi Platinum card $12.95 a month. I never got anything in the mail about signing up. Worse, neither Platinum support nor IdentityMonitor support know what to do with me. It's already cost me a broken phone.
same here and gave up.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:57 am

Priority Pass question

I have two or my three free annual visits left for the current membership year. If I visit a PP club can I use one of these free visits for myself and one for a guest at the same visit or can I only use one for myself on each separate visit and have to pay for a guest on any visit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.