Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:30 pm

Use this link for IdentityMonitor

http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/amex
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gomike
Use this link for IdentityMonitor

http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/amex
Thanks for the link. I'll try it after my card is a couple weeks old.

Last edited by philemer; Sep 15, 2008 at 8:07 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1K RCC, Marriott Plat Prem, Avis First
I've ascertained that the benefits of keeping this card beyond year 3 is not worthwhile after doing the numbers. I would ask them to reassess their points awarding structure to increase the point earning rate for certain categories.

Originally Posted by tb1212
Does anyone have any thoughts regarding options available in year#3 when the Thank You points decrease to 1 point/dollar.

Last edited by rl212; Sep 15, 2008 at 11:42 am
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Thumbs up Thanks!

Philemer and Gomike Thanks for the links and info. I have successfully setup IM and PP for me new card! See you in the lounge!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Well, I finally bit, good card....
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by rl212
I've ascertained that the benefits of keeping this card beyond year 3 is not worthwhile after doing the numbers.
Has anyone verified that Citi won't just let you open a new account and reset the two-year clock? I'm not suggesting anyone flagrantly game the system, but some issues permit the practice to avoid losing the customer entirely.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 3:43 pm

couple of questions

Well i read all the pages and applied for a card myself.

I have a few lingering questions. I see that there is the 75k and 150k limits on TYP people have seemed to have been able to get credited up to 150k even though their accounts were originally capped at 75k.

Has anyone been unable to get over the 75k cap?

Is the 150k cap total across all accounts? Or is it just for this card. I know id like to get points for banking and other promotions but if the 150k cap is over everything then I need to reconsider.

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by magicspot

I have a few lingering questions. I see that there is the 75k and 150k limits on TYP people have seemed to have been able to get credited up to 150k even though their accounts were originally capped at 75k.

Is the 150k cap total across all accounts? Or is it just for this card. I know id like to get points for banking and other promotions but if the 150k cap is over everything then I need to reconsider.

Thanks!
If you just applied then your annual cap will be 150k points. And it's 150k JUST for this card. Each card account has it's own annual cap, except for the Chairman card which I believe has no limit. You can have two identical cards, for ex. 2 Platinum Amex cards, and each one will be able to earn up to the maximum points for that card. Also, bank accounts have their own limits (if any) when earning TYPs.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:16 pm

Thanks!
There was a glitch in Citi's system because last year this was a brand new product for them. I did finally receive a letter from them long time ago stating that the cap is 150,000 thank you points per calendar year. The cap applies only to this car, so, as the previous poster said, you can earn more points by having another citi cc or do banking. Keep in mind, that bonus points and all sign on bonuses do count towards your cap. The good thing is that everything will be reset just in a few months.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:02 pm

annual cap?

so the 150k TYP cap is an actual calendar year cap? whereas the 2 years of bonus points and first year free etc are from sign up date?

i just got finished converting all my chase accounts to citi!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:10 pm

Have to sign up for priority pass again?

Originally Posted by gleff
Apply for a new card in your own name for first year free and two years of higher earn rate.
Has anyone canceled their card after 2 years and then reapplied? If so, did you have to sign up for a new priority pass account?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:11 pm

so the 150k TYP cap is an actual calendar year cap? whereas the 2 years of bonus points and first year free etc are from sign up date?
That is correct.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by vyshnya
Has anyone canceled their card after 2 years and then reapplied? If so, did you have to sign up for a new priority pass account?
This card has been offered in this version for only slightly over one year. You probably would be required to sign up for Priority Pass with your new car #
Old Sep 25, 2008, 9:09 am

Smile Annual Fee Waived!

I got this card just over a year ago and the annual fee of $99 hit on my anniversary date. I called up and spoke to a supervisor and got the fee waived. The credit hit my account about 3 days after my call. The initial CSR said they do not wave fees. I had NOT taken advantage of the 10,000 TY pts for the 3 months spending ( I Know!) and had done a balance transfer so those were the points I stated to the supervisor that helped sway her. I am NOT a Citigold account holder
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:57 am

I received the following notice when I logged into Account Home:

A new card(s) has recently been issued on this account. When you receive your new card, you can activate it online, or call 1-866-451-XXXX from your home phone. Outside the U.S. call us collect at 1-605-330-XXX.

Has anyone else got this notice when they logged in? I called the CSR since I didn't add any authorized users or request a replacement card, and I was informed that one merchant I shopped at had a security breach. The CSR refused to identify the merchant.

Does anyone know whose lax security was responsible for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.