Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ghurty
Does the free companion ticket apply to international flights as well?
From this site it appears it does, but I read on a different post that it is only for domestic.

If it does can I PM someone travel dates, and they can let me know how much a ticket would go for, if cheap enough, it might be worth it for me to get the card

Thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...82#post9129582
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Finally, a resolution to my dilemma !!

I have canceled this PIECE OF SH** card once and for all !!! One less headache and now it is back to my good ol Chairman MC. I called the CSR's on a Tuesday morning while I was waiting for a flight at DFW from the lounge and here are the various resposnes I got:

First Call:

Talk to a CSR and then get transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor then proceeds to tell me the following:

1) I will only get the 75k points since I have not yet paid the $99 fee for the 150k points. I then told him to charge the fee which he cannot do, so I will not get the total points.

2) Then he said that the internet offer is wrong and that they are right. I then said that if the internet offer is wrong, then CITI is commiting fraud at which time he proceeded to hang up on me without even saying anything else.

Second Call:

I then call back and talk to a different person who does not show the 47k in charges during the month of Oct/Nov and then tells me I am wrong. Now I am thinking, I am the freaking peson who made the charges, you stupid CSR. I still keep my cool and then ask to be transferred to the supervisor who then proceeds to tell me the same thing and then gets kind of angry with me telling me that SHE is right and there is nothing I can do. If she does not show any charges betwen OCT/NOV 2007, then she is 100% right and there is nothing I can do about it.

She then tells me that if I am not happy with her decision, then I should cancel the card, at which I replied OK.

Now I cancelled the card and could care less about the points since the service was SO CRAPPY that I would NEVER AGIAN get another AMEX based product from CITI.

I have figured out that with my Chairman I am still getting a ton of points without all the headches involved and I have also had issues with acceptance of an AMEX.

In India and in Brazil, they very rarly will accept an AMEX and since I travel to those places a lot, I prefer to keep a MC/Visa in m,y wallet.

Good Riddance I say !!!
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:48 pm

Has anybody was successful in earning more then 75,000 points with this card? Maybe we should seek a legal help to dispute our arguments with Citi?

PS: anaggie, I feel sorry for you. Citi Amex customer service was not the best experience for me also. I still think it is a good value card for the first 2 years even with the cap of 75,000 points
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:41 pm

This would be an easy win for class action since they still advertise 150k on the website.... false advertising bad!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 5:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Has anybody was successful in earning more then 75,000 points with this card? Maybe we should seek a legal help to dispute our arguments with Citi?

PS: anaggie, I feel sorry for you. Citi Amex customer service was not the best experience for me also. I still think it is a good value card for the first 2 years even with the cap of 75,000 points
So far I did receive about 105K out of the 135K that I earned in 2007, but it has required a lot of work on my part to make this happen. Still waiting for the missing 30K, which I expect to receive when my statement closes this month.Will keep you posted on that.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First, this darn card is not eligible for fixed point redemption.

Second, the list of the eligible cards will be drastically cut down by Citi come 04/14/08 as reported by you.

Then it is the 3% on spending other than EDS the only attraction but if the cap is put after the fact... it is almost Citi wants you to churn this card, too!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D

i have amassed 120K points and yesterday called the CSR to see if they would increase the 150k limit as i will hit when the next cycle generates, they said no, but also said I could open another one and link it to my account. I re-applied.

More than willing to share some of my info if it helps anyone.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Happy
First, this darn card is not eligible for fixed point redemption.
if you have a PPE and link this card to your TYN account it is eligibile.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:14 am

I say just apply for a new account and be done with it. 2 separate accounts = 150k limit (not to mention additional sign up bonus).
Old Feb 7, 2008, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
That is correct. Also if you have an expedia account linked to your ty account. I just signed up for expedia and the rep told me I am now just fine.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:37 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gerald5
I say just apply for a new account and be done with it. 2 separate accounts = 150k limit (not to mention additional sign up bonus).
Has anyone gotten more than one of these cards yet?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psyflyer
It remains to be seen after 04/14/08. Read the last posts on ThankYou point devaluation thread TAHKUCT posted that 2 TYN CSRs informed him after 04/14/08, seems only Citi business cards are eligible cards.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
...seems only Citi business cards are eligible cards.
The message mentions a business card as an example of a card that will still be eligible, it does not say that only business cards will qualify for Fixed Flight redemptions.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:32 am

Spouse getting IdentityMonitor service too?

It was reported on an earlier thread that a second card holder can also get PriorityPass and IdentityMonitor Service. I was successful setting up PP for my wife, but the system does not seem to let me setup her ID service. Has anyone elese had problems with doing this?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is correct. Also if you have an expedia account linked to your ty account. I just signed up for expedia and the rep told me I am now just fine.
How do you link the Expedia.com account to your TYN account? The Expedia.com account does not have account number for you to perform the Add Sponsor Account function on TYN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.