Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Surprised this worked, but I was able to add this card to my Thank You Network profile ten days before the end of the first billing cycle, and points posted accurately today. It will be awhile until I can test the 75/150k limit problem because this card will stay in the safe until the end of the Starwood/British Airways transfer bonus promo in March.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by motytrah
Now try to get TY points over 75K!

No kidding...but here is a status report ...NOTHING yet

wil take 30 days to find out what ias going on.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
oops....deleted..double post
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by anaggie
...will take 30 days to find out what is going on.
Have you tried asking Chairman customer service to assist you with this problem?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:50 am

I have the Citi Platinum American Express.I was capped out at 75,000 TY points like others here.I also have made numerous attempts to get my full 150,000 points.My statement just closed out and I have been credited my missing TY points(over 70,000).Just wanted others to know.Don't give up.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tutters
I have the Citi Platinum American Express.I was capped out at 75,000 TY points like others here.I also have made numerous attempts to get my full 150,000 points.My statement just closed out and I have been credited my missing TY points(over 70,000).Just wanted others to know.Don't give up.
That is great news. Were the missing points applied toward your 2007 cap or do they appear as 2008 points?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 7:25 am

It was for 2007.The last person I spoke w/ on the phone a couple of weeks ago figured out how many TY points I had coming to me.I called two days ago and was told I had been credited a large amount of TY points and I would see them when my statement closed.Sure enough they were there.I was thrilled because I am using my TY points for a vacation and I would of had to pay out of pocket if I didn't receive them this month.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by mia
Surprised this worked, but I was able to add this card to my Thank You Network profile ten days before the end of the first billing cycle, and points posted accurately today. It will be awhile until I can test the 75/150k limit problem because this card will stay in the safe until the end of the Starwood/British Airways transfer bonus promo in March.
I now have 3 TY cards, and I did this with both my second and third. As soon as I got the card, I added it to my current TY profile and never had any problems getting the points to post. I just ignored the new TY account info that comes later.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by IlliniDude
I now have 3 TY cards, and I did this with both my second and third. As soon as I got the card, I added it to my current TY profile and never had any problems getting the points to post. I just ignored the new TY account info that comes later.
It's about a week before my first statement cycle closes, and I still get an error when I try to add my card.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:21 pm

Good to hear the over 75 cap seems to have been taken care of. Between holidays and tax payments I put almost 60K TY points on the last statement. I'm going to be maxing out the points pretty quick this year if that cap goes goofy.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I've been waiting now three weeks for this darn card...anyone else having problems receiving the card?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jamflyer
I've been waiting now three weeks for this darn card...anyone else having problems receiving the card?
Our mail lady likes to steal mail.

Probaby should call and see what date they mailed it.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by motytrah
Good to hear the over 75 cap seems to have been taken care of.
Not completely. I finally received about half of the 60K points they still owe me from 2007. They miscalculated the amount and also forgot that 15K bonus points for account opening should be added to my earned spending points. Also, the points show up as "points earned this statement", this statement being in 2008 not 2007, so applied to my point cap for 2008. The fights go on! The hardest part at this point is that I have to find a person with good math skills AND the authority to fix anything, and I am not sure that such a person exists at Citi
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by psubill78
Our mail lady likes to steal mail.

Probaby should call and see what date they mailed it.
For some reason the card was returned to Citi by the PO. Called last Wednesday and was told they would re-send the darn thing. Called again today and was told that if I dont get the card by 5 PM they will fed ex it me and I should have it tomorrow.

BTW - Card already added to my account as a sponsor.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:42 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Does the free companion ticket apply to international flights as well?
From this site it appears it does, but I read on a different post that it is only for domestic.

If it does can I PM someone travel dates, and they can let me know how much a ticket would go for, if cheap enough, it might be worth it for me to get the card

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.