Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
I have both the CSR (3x Dinning, 3x Travel, Unlimited Guests with Priority Pass) and AMEX Plat (5x Airlines, FHR, Delta Lounges, and status at HH/SPG) and it is REALLY hard for me to justify the Citi Prestige. They took away the golf benefit (which I do play), AA Lounges (which I do fly), and I never use the 4th night free (lot of my travel doesn't get to that length) so I'm in the same boat as you. I'm probably going to transfer my points out and then downgrade it to a double cash.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi there, a new Citibank Prestige cardholder here from PH.

There are a lot of key differences between the US benefits and offerings vs the PH one.
If I may enumerate:

1. Unlimited 4th night free on any hotel worldwide if booked via the concierge
2. 1 ThankYou point for every Php30 spend ($0.60); earn 5x points on local dining, shopping, and spend abroad.
3. Thee complimentary rounds of golf per year at participating courses
4. Complimentary unlimited access to Priority Pass to the primary cardholder plus 4 free guest passes
5. Complimentary Airport Meet and Assist Services at select airports for primary card members twice (2x) per calendar year.
6. Complimentary one-way Luxury Airport Transfers at select airports for primary card members twice (2x) per calendar year.
7. Earn 0.5% bonus points after 12 months based on total spend; 1% bonus points if a Citi Gold client

BONUS: 120,000 ThankYou points after the first Php25,000 spend

Annual Fee is Php12,000 (around US$240)

So far, I have availed one of the two Luxury Airport Transfers (Hilton KL to KLIA) which is over around 60kms drive with a Mercedes E class. This is via the vendor TBR Global and when I got a quote from them, is worth US$140.

I think overall the PH offering of the Citi Prestige is worth it, especially the 120k bonus points.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I didn't see a response to the prorate question if you cancel in July after the Admirals Club benefit ends. My fee is due in April and I have a trip scheduled in May and I would like to use the Admirals Club benefit. If I cancel after my trip in May will I receive a prorate of the $450 fee back from Citi?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fauxreals
This post didn't age well.
Wow... you must be bored.

Nonetheless, I guess that depends what someone values. There still seems to be blind "gaganess" with the CSP, but we'll see once the first year renewals come, after everyone has used their initial sign-up bonuses.

For our usage model, Citi Prestige will likely remain superior, because even with the changes to the 4th night free, we often stay at some high end hotels and that feature saves us substantial money that far (and I mean far) swamps the $50 difference in travel credit. Both have reasonably generous Prestige Pass offerings that work fine for us (we have no use for "unlimited guests"), so with the 4th night free, Citi Prestige will likely get the nod for us.

If the intent of your post was to try and publicly shame me, well ok, knock yourself out. I'm comfortable with the comment as written, particularly at the time it was written. Once something becomes known, fine perhaps I adjust course. But in this case I'm actually not.

But hey, at least you incremented your post count by one.

Regards

Last edited by scubadu; Mar 19, 2017 at 7:46 am
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
4.95 per trade for citi gold?

I got an email about $4.95 per trade for citi gold. It was very expensive, $90? Maybe I will move more accounts to citi. If this is really true.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:54 pm

If I (along with many others I presume) want to PC to the Double cash (had the card more than one year) sometime in July 2017 due ot the changes, will Citi pro rate my AF, at that point I'll be 7 months into my yearly cycle?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:27 am

I cancelled mine this weekend and was given 3 months of the prorated fee back. Mine renews in mid June
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by gblakeb
I cancelled mine this weekend and was given 3 months of the prorated fee back. Mine renews in mid June
Hey just got approved for a Citi Prestige and I have a 3 month trip to Europe coming up and I'm trying to get the card expeditied.

I tried calling the general # but they said it's not populated in their particular systems yet. I have the last 4 digits of the card so i know an # exists- Does anyone know the # I need to call to get it expedited?

I'm going to be in Europe for a while and want to use the card for the travel benefits. I leave Monday at 645

Any ideas how to get the new card expedited before Monday - alterantively- can I have them send a replacment card when I'm in Europe to the hotel?

Last edited by gadgetfreaky; Mar 23, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
Wow... you must be bored.

Nonetheless, I guess that depends what someone values. There still seems to be blind "gaganess" with the CSP, but we'll see once the first year renewals come, after everyone has used their initial sign-up bonuses.

For our usage model, Citi Prestige will likely remain superior, because even with the changes to the 4th night free, we often stay at some high end hotels and that feature saves us substantial money that far (and I mean far) swamps the $50 difference in travel credit. Both have reasonably generous Prestige Pass offerings that work fine for us (we have no use for "unlimited guests"), so with the 4th night free, Citi Prestige will likely get the nod for us.

If the intent of your post was to try and publicly shame me, well ok, knock yourself out. I'm comfortable with the comment as written, particularly at the time it was written. Once something becomes known, fine perhaps I adjust course. But in this case I'm actually not.

But hey, at least you incremented your post count by one.

Regards
i agree. I'm have about a dozen 4th night free reservations for this year. Not only will I get more than $2,500 back, the 12 free nights will count toward hotel frequent guest tier credit. The CSR can't do that.

Prestige trip delay kicks in 3 hours instead of CSR 6 hour.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Concur. It's certainly annoying to lose the AA club. That is going to cost money to replace.

But is annoyance a good reason to shoot one's self in the foot? Some of us seem to be grandfather into Citigold hence a $100 discount on this card. So $450 - $100 - $250 (airfare passthrough, which is seamless) means $100 to have the 4th night (average price) free in the travel toolkit. This allows us two or three times a year to stay in a nicer place than we would have otherwise.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by seawolf
i agree. I'm have about a dozen 4th night free reservations for this year. Not only will I get more than $2,500 back, the 12 free nights will count toward hotel frequent guest tier credit. The CSR can't do that.

Prestige trip delay kicks in 3 hours instead of CSR 6 hour.
I think the breakeven on this is only 1-3 fourth night free, depending on the cost of the of property you stay at (and any tradeoffs you make). I'm surprised that Citi hasn't put in a limit for folks like you that are getting outsized value from this.

Utilization of the fourth night free is the premier reason to have this card. It would be interesting to see this benefit increase in scope to cover serviced apartments and more non-hotel accommodations in the future.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by csyoung49
I have both the CSR (3x Dinning, 3x Travel, Unlimited Guests with Priority Pass) and AMEX Plat (5x Airlines, FHR, Delta Lounges, and status at HH/SPG) and it is REALLY hard for me to justify the Citi Prestige. They took away the golf benefit (which I do play), AA Lounges (which I do fly), and I never use the 4th night free (lot of my travel doesn't get to that length) so I'm in the same boat as you. I'm probably going to transfer my points out and then downgrade it to a double cash.
In the same boat. If you have another premium card, it seems like the only differentiating feature now is the 4th night free, but I very rarely stay in the same hotel more than 3 nights.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm undecided here.
I have the CSR, Amex Plat, and Citi Prestige. Every single card gives priority pass so that's a push.
1. CSR = $450 - $300 travel credit = $150 card, the benefits are redundant. 3x dining is great - and Chase pts are more valuable than Citi or Amex pts.
2. Citi Prestige = $450-250 airfare credit = $200 card. 4th Night makes up for it if I use it once or twice a year.
3. Amex Plat = $550 - $200 AA gift card - $200 Uber = $150 card. Centurion lounge is well worth over $150. Also Amex offers are useful.

It seems like the one that's worth eliminating is really the CSR. Unless that 3x UR pts > 2x Citi Thank You Pts + $150 a year.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
It seems like the one that's worth eliminating is really the CSR. Unless that 3x UR pts > 2x Citi Thank You Pts + $150 a year.
One thing to remember is that you can pair the CSR with a no-AF Freedom/Freedom Unlimited/Ink for a wide variety of extra bonus categories. The Amex Plat can also be paired with a no-AF Everyday Card for a couple of such categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.