Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:22 pm

So people that don't have Citi Bank accounts received letters thanking them for having an account.

Obviously a mistake. The questions are - will Citi figure it out, and what it will do if it figures it out.

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Nothing, and never have had anything besides CCs with Citi. I hadn't had a chance to scan my letter but it is the same as aaron1262's.

Last edited by BigFlyer; Nov 17, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by schalliol
Awesome!! Hope to get that letter soon!
"Hope" is not a plan. I wouldn't get overly excited about this just yet.

Regards
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
So people that don't have Citi Bank accounts received letters thanking them for having an account.

Obviously a mistake. The questions are - will Citi figure it out, and what it will do if it figures it out.
According to this we'll supposedly be getting 1,000 TYPs for the confusion:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-m...d-1000-points/

Not bad for no effort on my part I guess!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
That is dissapointing. Downgrade come the Spring it is. So irritated with Citi for doing the bait and switch with the dramatic slashing of benefit for no reduction in cost.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
I'm also debating about closing my Prestige card account when the annual fee is due in January. However, I received a letter from Citi today that states:
1. My annual fee is reduced from $450 to $350. I got the card "normally," no other Citi relationship or in-branch application. In addition they will prorate the new lower fee to my current year and credit my account the difference. Nothing is posted yet, but since I'm 5/6th of the way through my year the amount will be small.
2. I will receive a 15% bonus of TYP at the end of each year (presume card year, not calendar year), as a way to drive spending to this card.

With the lower fee out of pocket cost is now only $100 ($350 - $250 travel credit), minus any retention bonuses. If I can use the fourth night free benefit at least once a year I may have to keep this card.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Scroll up. That's an error.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Scroll up. That's an error.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:10 pm

Really disappointing though. I might have kept it with the better deal, but to dramatically slash benefits for no reduction in cost? I can't let that stand on principle alone.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: HOT
Got the same letter reducing AF to 350. No other relationship with Citi.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:09 pm

Also received a letter. Will be a great bargaining "chip" when I go to cancel and Retention asks what can they do to keep my business.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:48 pm

Also got the letter and the 1,000 pt email. So, are people ever able to be successful with a downgrade out of Prestige because they screwed up the card? What do they get?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone tried calling Citi and complaining about them offering a fee reduction to $350 and then revoking that by email claiming mistake? Are they giving out more than the 1,000 Citi Thank you points for this significant customer relations screw up?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:19 am

Really disappointing though. I might have kept it with the better deal, but to dramatically slash benefits for no reduction in cost? I can't let that stand on principle alone.
Ok, you are crestfallen, I think we've got it.

It's bizarre to me that people can't extract value out of this card, even with the changes. Between the annual credit and say one 4th night free stay, you'd likely be net positive.

Regards
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:11 am

Unhappy Citi's real mistake

As an AA frequent traveler, I could not agree less with Scubadu. Loss of Admirals Club privileges and devaluation of Thank You points towards AA purchases, with no reduction in annual fee, are sufficient reasons to question the true value of the Prestige card. The 4th night hotel changes likewise constitute a benefit reduction overall, although there may be a few instances where they are advantageous, depending on nightly rates and taxes. While Citi claims their letter reducing the annual fee was a “mistake,” there can be no mistake that 1000 TYPs do not in any way offset the upcoming benefit reductions, especially for AA travelers. Unless Citi rescinds the changes or offers meaningful incentives, a wave of desertions can be expected.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by rgronenb
As an AA frequent traveler, I could not agree less with Scubadu. Loss of Admirals Club privileges and devaluation of Thank You points towards AA purchases, with no reduction in annual fee, are sufficient reasons to question the true value of the Prestige card. The 4th night hotel changes likewise constitute a benefit reduction overall, although there may be a few instances where they are advantageous, depending on nightly rates and taxes. While Citi claims their letter reducing the annual fee was a “mistake,” there can be no mistake that 1000 TYPs do not in any way offset the upcoming benefit reductions, especially for AA travelers. Unless Citi rescinds the changes or offers meaningful incentives, a wave of desertions can be expected.
If the card doesn't meet your needs any longer, cancel it and move on with your life. Problem solved, yes?

Regard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.