Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Citi-Prestige,
Someone at citi really dropped the ball... They should give us more than 1.000 points

Your account terms have not changed

Hi, You may have received a letter from us notifying you of changes to your Citi Prestige® account. This letter was sent to you in error, your card terms have not changed. You can find details about your Citi Prestige benefits here or review the Terms and Conditions in your Directory of Services.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As a courtesy, we’re adding 1,000 ThankYou® Points to your account, you’ll see these points in your account in the next 1-2 billing periods.

The benefits listed in the letter—including a lower annual fee, no late fees, return check fees and a relationship bonus—are only available to cardmembers who also have a Citigold®, Citi Priority or Private Bank account. If you are interested in receiving the additional benefits, you can find more information about these bank accounts here or by visiting your local Citi branch.

You will also receive a copy of this notification in the mail.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us at the dedicated Citi Prestige number on the back of your card.

Your Citi Team
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:59 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Khiaao
Someone at citi really dropped the ball... They should give us more than 1.000 points
It's not like Citi made some offer that people relied on and gave up a hard pull for, only to have the offer rescinded.

You are all getting $13-16 worth of points toward flights for the inconvenience of having to read that letter. Frankly, it should have been obvious from the beginning that the letters were sent in error, since they specifically mention a banking relationship.

I understand that with the upcoming gutting of benefits, people would like more givebacks from Citi, but as others here have pointed out, if the card no longer works for people, downgrading or cancelling is always an option.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Please explain to us exactly why they should give you "more than 1,000 points" for this clerical error? Something like, you know, an actual business reason/case, not just because you want them to.

Regards
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Just wanted to share a DP:

Ordered Citi Prestige card a few weeks ago in early Nov. Showed AA boarding pass and my Citi card and was allowed into Admiral Club at two different airports. My card doesn't have any Admiral Club or AA branding on it.

They did swipe my card but I'm pretty sure I wasn't charged. Nothing has posted on my account, and the agent made no indication that I'd be charged or be buying a pass or anything like that. So looks like I had complimentary access ^_^
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: AA
One piece of information that is new, as far as I'm aware, is that Citi Priority checking accounts will also confer the $100 AF reduction. Since the minimum Citigold balance increase was announced, I believe this had been left unclear.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Why on earth should they? I'm surprised - but thankful - at the 1,000 points. Yeah it was a clerical error of some sort but how were any of us harmed in any way?

The package was a tad confusing when I opened it, but had I read it closely enough in the beginning I should have noticed it mentioned banking relationship and if I had, would have just thrown it away as a mistake. So at most I'm out the 30 seconds that I skimmed the cover letter and maybe two minutes to come on here and post about it. Heck I'll spend 3 minutes reading & typing for 1,000 TYPs any day!

You've heard the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" haven't you?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I haven't gotten the apology and 1,000 point offer, but I did get the letter with the incorrect annual fee.

Have folks actually gotten the points?

(I sent a secure mail about the issue and the responses have been absolutely clueless). Any better options to get the 1k points than call?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Anyone seen the 1000pts post yet?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Bear in mind that points awarded by Customer Service are likely to be classified as taxable points and are not eligible for transfer to airline or hotel partners.

"Taxable Points" are Points received for a Citibank checking relationship, Points obtained through activity unrelated to purchases made with your eligible Card Account, as well as bonus Points that may be awarded with no spend requirement.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by mia
Bear in mind that points awarded by Customer Service are likely to be classified as taxable points and are not eligible for transfer to airline or hotel partners.
Not yet. I'm not sure they're taxable points since we don't have checking accounts, but it will be interesting to see.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by schalliol
I'm not sure they're taxable points since we don't have checking accounts, but it will be interesting to see.
I quoted the text of the definition to make it clear that bank accounts are not the only source of taxable points. I have never had any account with Citi other than credit cards, but my transferrable balance is 1,000 points less than my full balance due to a customer service adjustment. I expect these to be coded the same.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
I'm starting to pick up more traveling at my job again and want to get this card. Problem is that I got the TY Preferred card back in May 2015 and downgraded it a few months ago. I think this automatically disqualifies me from the signup bonus since it's still not 24 months yet since opening/closing of the TY Preferred card.

I still might get this card though since it may be worth it in the long run if I start early. From what I have read so far in this post, it looks like CWT will be using the actual hotel's website to do the booking and we can ask them to book at the pre-paid rate as well. I just want to confirm that since I try to book prepaid rates about a week ahead once my schedule is set. It looks like there is a waiting period even if we call so will my prepaid rate be guaranteed while waiting or will it not be honored by the time they give me a quote (2-3 days later from what I have read)?

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by gk17
I'm starting to pick up more traveling at my job again and want to get this card. Problem is that I got the TY Preferred card back in May 2015 and downgraded it a few months ago. I think this automatically disqualifies me from the signup bonus since it's still not 24 months yet since opening/closing of the TY Preferred card.

I still might get this card though since it may be worth it in the long run if I start early. From what I have read so far in this post, it looks like CWT will be using the actual hotel's website to do the booking and we can ask them to book at the pre-paid rate as well. I just want to confirm that since I try to book prepaid rates about a week ahead once my schedule is set. It looks like there is a waiting period even if we call so will my prepaid rate be guaranteed while waiting or will it not be honored by the time they give me a quote (2-3 days later from what I have read)?

Thanks.
CWT no longer does the booking, its done by Aspire Concierge. They just use the website of the hotel to book, so if its a valid publicly available rate they can book it. If you are close in on travel you can get them to do it right away during the first call.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Does anyone have an idea if Citi will let me do a product change to the Costco card from the Prestige given the changes?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by schalliol
Does anyone have an idea if Citi will let me do a product change to the Costco card from the Prestige given the changes?
Yes, Costco transfer is available now. Just did it from my premier, though they may be requiring ppl to do the "long" product change. AKA: wait the 50ish days for it to finalize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.