Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:26 am

My annual fee will hit in October. I'm planning on canceling around then. However with the sign-up restriction on opening or closing the same card within 18 months I thought I'd ask if anyone has any idea if there is any information on enhancements or sign up bonuses after the July devaluation hits.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vinhsynd
... with the sign-up restriction on opening or closing the same card within 18 months....
Read the terms of the offer you are considering. I believe you will find that the restriction period is now 24 months, and that it applies to Prestige, Premier and Preferred as a group.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...24-months.html
Old May 3, 2017, 7:01 pm

...oh. I'm behind the times on the restriction period length, still working on old info I guess.

That's OK though - I've actually had the card for 2 years - this will be the start of year 3 coming up. I used this as my timing for cancel/re-app:

Year 1 - $350 Fee - ($250 Credit)X2 = -$150 cost
Year 2 - $350 Fee - ($150 Hold over + $250 Credit) = -$50 cost
Year 3 - First year I'll pay money ($50), which is why I'm thinking of a reset

Thanks Mia for the heads up!
Old May 6, 2017, 5:55 pm

Any recent changes to Citi's Fee Policy?

In the past, the annual fee was refunded in its entirety if cancelled/downgraded within 30 days or on a prorated bases post 90 days.

Anyone know if this is still how it's handled? With loss of AC, 1.6 AA and Golf benefit, considering closing it.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
So when I apply for this inside of a branch, is there anything specific I need to say to get the $350 annual fee?

It appears that people are getting the reduced fee from either having the required Citi account, or by applying in a branch.
Old May 10, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by pooker
So when I apply for this inside of a branch, is there anything specific I need to say to get the $350 annual fee?

It appears that people are getting the reduced fee from either having the required Citi account, or by applying in a branch.
From my past experience (almost a year ago), you can just go ask for information related to the Cit Prestige card in branch. The bankers will need to click through their internal system in order to print out the Citi Prestige brochure. Interestingly, the only way (as of a year ago) for them to print out the brochure was to click through pages under Citi Gold. The brochure would then reference the $350 annual fee, but with no reference to requiring a Citi Gold account.

However, actually completing the application would also require the bankers to go through the Citi Gold pages. Now, whether the bankers will let you apply without a Citi Gold account is the question. Some will, some won't.

This might have changed since Citi Priority has been introduced.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Platinum
I'm going to miss the AA lounge access. What other cards provide it?
Old May 18, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
AFAIK just the Citi AA Exec.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Stuff about a non-Citi card deleted. Sorry.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; May 19, 2017 at 12:03 pm Reason: wrong forum
Old May 19, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I went into a branch early Mar, just before the 100k cutoff, and was approved. Nothing was said about bank accounts or reduced AF -- I should have asked about $350 but did not.
I wasn't aware of a 100k Citi Prestige sign up bonus. Was it a targeted offer for you, or was it advertised in branch?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nesnith
I wasn't aware of a 100k Citi Prestige sign up bonus. Was it a targeted offer for you, or was it advertised in branch?
I shouldn't post before I have my coffee. No, it wasn't a Citi card. Sorry.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:25 pm

I am curious to see first field reports of citi extended warranty fulfillment. Whether the new benefit administrator is on par with Amex. Or if it's like pulling teeth getting warranty reimb. (Amex simply credits the full purchase price, no questions asked. I've done it up to $400).
Old May 19, 2017, 12:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I am curious to see first field reports of citi extended warranty fulfillment. Whether the new benefit administrator is on par with Amex. ....
Insurance changed a year ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...15-2016-a.html
Old May 19, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Yes. That's what I'm referring to. I like the new 24m extended warranty but the extra coverage isn't worth it to me if claims are hard to collect vs Amex.

Example: I had a $350 pair of headphones fail in their second year. Amex reimbursed me the entire amount. Some other claims company maybe would only cover if I paid for a repair or purchased the same item. I pocketed the cash and just used cheap headphones for a while. Not sure if other cards offer this. If citi does then it's a complete game changer imo
Old May 19, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
With the loss of lounge access and increased TYP redemptions on AA flights, I just cancelled my card since the annual fee was due. Probably closing AmEx platinum next with their fee increase and difficulty to use air credit and Uber credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.