Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by nesnith
Also, just in case it's not already known, Citi Concierge can also submit best rate guarantee claims for hotel bookings and combine with the 4th night free benefit, e.g. SPG BRG.
I guess that works if you stay at an SPG hotel, but I think I stayed there only twice in my life so far and so not overly helpful . I'm not aware of similar BRG guarantee for the hotels I am usually staying at.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
thanks a ton- so no extra incentive for a citi gold? It says priority gets teh same benefit as it did before so I am assuming there is no incremental benefit.
I believe international ATM fee reimbursement is for Citigold only, but not Priority.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
Here's a suggestion to maximize the Citi 4th night free. Call concierge and use a corporate rate. Obviously this is only good for SPG/Hyatt/Hilton/Etc. They can apply the same corporate you can online. This gets me rates that usually beat aggregators.
Thanks, I never thought of trying that before. I do work for a large corporation that has such codes. These rates are not applicable to hotels for my next trip, but could be useful next time around. Not sure if I'm supposed to use them for non-business travel, though.

Last edited by madbrain; Mar 25, 2017 at 8:25 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Anyone use the Rental Car club membership, says elite status in National and Sixt is available.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by ellinj
Anyone use the Rental Car club membership, says elite status in National and Sixt is available.
I did it with National and it gave me executive status for a year. After the year it went away, though. Now I have executive status with National through my CSR card, and that looks like might be permanent, although we'll find out in a year.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:11 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
Hey I've got a question on the lost card benefit- if you are travelling in Europe and lose your card- will they send you a new one there? or does it have to go to your home address?
My kid had her Citi AA card stolen last fall while she was studying abroad. She was an authorized user on a basic AA card and they overnighted it to her in Rome. For what it's worth I am a long time Citi customer with a number of cards.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by krazieman
I'm undecided here.
I have the CSR, Amex Plat, and Citi Prestige.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Citi announced that Prestige would be getting 3x on dining and travel worldwide. Since the new Mastercard logo launch, I also anticipate we will get a new card design may be made of carbon fiber like originally depicted. So we may be in for some positive changes to offset the negative changes coming in July.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The definition provided on the page is comprehensive:
It also covers taxes and surcharges on award tickets. I used Avios to book a B/A BRU-STO award a couple of weeks ago, and the credit has already posted for the full amount B/A charged me. I don't see anything in the wiki to indicate this is going to change. If anyone know otherwise, please let me know.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:57 am

Still $350 for Citi Gold?

Coming up on 24 months for both TYPs cards later this Summer, and thinking of getting a second Prestige. I saw this in the Wiki, but don't understand what it means:

"$100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade"

So after late July will the AF for a new Prestige card still be $350, if I am currently CitiGold, which I guess will be relabeled Citi Priority?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
... if I am currently CitiGold, which I guess will be relabeled Citi Priority?
Previously, Citigold customers who did not maintain the required minimum balance were charged a maintenance fee. The minimum balance has been increased, and the fee has been abolished. If the account doesn't meet the new Citigold balance requirement it is downgraded to a new Citi Priority level:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unced-usa.html

The note in the Wikipost means the the Prestige annual fee discount is available with either CitiGold or Citi Priority. I do not have any Citi banking relationship and cannot vouch for the accuracy.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by mia
The note in the Wikipost means the the Prestige annual fee discount is available with either CitiGold or Citi Priority. I do not have any Citi banking relationship and cannot vouch for the accuracy.
Thank you. I was hoping it meant that, but wasn't sure. ^
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:56 am

Smile

Had citigold, cancelled 6months ago, still got annual fee for prestige posted at $350
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I was NEVER a Citigold member, had Citi Hhonors reserve and AA PLT Master when applying for Prestige in local branch Jan 2016, AF has been $350. Wonder if the agent was able to somehow mark my app as Citigold, has remained on the account.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We use the 4th night free benefit at least 1x per year at premium priced all inclusives, so that more than justifies the AF.

Here is my dilemma: While I see NO value in using an AA card to accumulate devalued Aadvantage miles, the AA Executive card makes sense for Admiral's Club access - particularly if my wife can get a free card, use it for club access when traveling separately. I unfortunately did not anticipate the elimination of the Admiral's Club access, cancelled by AA PLT Mastercard in Jan 2016 when applying for Prestige, to avoid paying the annual fee. If I apply for the AA Exec card in July 2017, it will be less than 2 years since cancelling the card, I will not be entitled to the signup bonus.
My wife has a current AA PLT Mastercard, applied for a TY Premiere last year to accumulate personal TY points, transfer to the Prestige I use for business, perhaps it will make sense to apply for the AA Exec in her name?
Any other suggestions?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Go without Admirals Club access until Jan 2018?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.