Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:39 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

Should we start a new thread for the latest round of changes to the Prestige card, being announced this week?

Per http://citi.com/citiprestige, Admirals Club access will be ending June 2017:

"You will have access to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges until June 20th, 2017. After that, you’ll no longer have complimentary access with your Prestige card."
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by dw
Should we start a new thread for the latest round of changes to the Prestige card, being announced this week?

Per http://citi.com/citiprestige, Admirals Club access will be ending June 2017:

"You will have access to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges until June 20th, 2017. After that, you’ll no longer have complimentary access with your Prestige card."
I don't see myself holding on to this card to much longer than. Not worth it to me after this change goes into effect.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:43 pm

No official confirmation that I've seen, but some in-branch offers apparently don't mention the 2x on dining, so that might be going away.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Smerri
I don't see myself holding on to this card to much longer than. Not worth it to me after this change goes into effect.
Me too
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nall
No official confirmation that I've seen, but some in-branch offers apparently don't mention the 2x on dining, so that might be going away.
That would be the deal breaker for me.

Man, as an AA flyer the hits keep coming
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dw
Admirals Club access will be ending June 2017:
Looks as if the Citi Executive product manager prevailed in this turf war .

Credit to Citi for providing 11 months advance notice of the change ^ .
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by dw

Oooh ouch. That was one of the reasons I held the card. But as long as 250$ air credit stays and the annual fee becomes 350$ for all, I'll keep the card.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:43 pm

^ for the early notice but for complete elimination of this benefit. Even if they limited lounge access to twice a year, that could still justify a $450 AF.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hiima
Oooh ouch. That was one of the reasons I held the card. But as long as 250$ air credit stays and the annual fee becomes 350$ for all, I'll keep the card.
There's reports on r/churning that the $250 credit will be for incidentals only.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:48 pm
mia

I realize that not every feature of the product is mentioned on this (new?) site, but it seems odd that these are missing:

Travel more with fewer ThankYou® Points
Your points are worth 60% more on American Airlines flights or 33% more on other flights compared to non-air travel when booked through the Citi ThankYou® Travel Center.
Points Transfer
Transfer points to participating travel loyalty programs.
I do not think omission necessarily indicates change. I also do not think that Citi will lower the value below $0.0125 each (because that's the value Chase uses with Sapphire Preferred). Still, I expect to see both of these touted on a page like this one.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:50 pm
mia

Originally Posted by 1353513636
There's reports on r/churning that the $250 credit will be for incidentals only.
The definition provided on the page is comprehensive:

Airline Fees are defined as purchases made directly with airlines including Air fares, baggage fees, lounge access and some in-flight purchases.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by uscjeff
That would be the deal breaker for me.

Man, as an AA flyer the hits keep coming
Agree, will cancel around renewal, without this benefit, can't really justify keeping the card.

Thanks OP for catching news so early.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
The definition provided on the page is comprehensive:
I know, but it also says dining is 2X.

Obvious Admiral's Club access is ending, and my bets are on AF stays $450 for non Citigold, $250 air credit goes to incidentals only, and dining bonus category removed, although I certainly hope to be wrong.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nall
The elimination of 2Xs on dining is confirmed by some other websites today.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:05 pm
mia

Originally Posted by 1353513636
... dining bonus category removed...
I cannot see a compelling case for this change. It doesn't cannibalize other Citi products, it doesn't cost much to provide. Branches are not credit card stores. In THIS thread a branch was distributing material which expired in 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.