Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Can you please explain your reasoning behind that a little bit more?

The Dividend card is worthless now IMHO. I remember Citi offered bonuses on home improvement stores in the middle of a winter... Because I'm sure everyone will go out and buy all of the parts to build a brand new deck in January. The categories are useless... You're better off replacing it with a Double Cash or even the AT&T card.
Meh, as to the bolded that's your opinion; I don't mind MSing on a 5% category and drug stores are super easy for that. I'd rather MS for 5% URs on my Chase Freedom, but 5% cash isn't too shabby either.

Also looking out the 2017 calendar I see Hilton in Q3 (which is generally my hotel chain of choice since I have Diamond status) and department stores in Q4 which is always good for Christmas shopping.

And since Citi allows you to have multiple of the same card, each Dividend card is another $300/yr. I used to have a DoubleCash and I never used it once. I only wound up with it because I was closing a Hilton card and wanted to PC it to something and they wouldn't let me PC to the Costco card. I have since PC'd the DoubleCash to a Costco card after Citi changed its PC rules to allow you to PC into a Costco card.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Meh, as to the bolded that's your opinion; I don't mind MSing on a 5% category and drug stores are super easy for that. I'd rather MS for 5% URs on my Chase Freedom, but 5% cash isn't too shabby either.

Also looking out the 2017 calendar I see Hilton in Q3 (which is generally my hotel chain of choice since I have Diamond status) and department stores in Q4 which is always good for Christmas shopping.

And since Citi allows you to have multiple of the same card, each Dividend card is another $300/yr. I used to have a DoubleCash and I never used it once. I only wound up with it because I was closing a Hilton card and wanted to PC it to something and they wouldn't let me PC to the Costco card. I have since PC'd the DoubleCash to a Costco card after Citi changed its PC rules to allow you to PC into a Costco card.
I wouldn't apply for for two of the same cards just to get $300/year out of each one, but you're entitled to your own freedoms to do so if you please.

Drug stores seem to be more expensive than their grocery store counterparts, unless of course you frequently buy Rx medication, so getting 5% back really isn't worth it to me. Example: Degree deodorant at a grocery store can run for $3 while one at a drug store would cost $3.99. The $.16 in extra cash back isn't worth it (20 cents with a 5% card - 4 cents with a 1% card). The additional cost applies to many items.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I wouldn't apply for for two of the same cards just to get $300/year out of each one, but you're entitled to your own freedoms to do so if you please.

Drug stores seem to be more expensive than their grocery store counterparts, unless of course you frequently buy Rx medication, so getting 5% back really isn't worth it to me. Example: Degree deodorant at a grocery store can run for $3 while one at a drug store would cost $3.99. The $.16 in extra cash back isn't worth it (20 cents with a 5% card - 4 cents with a 1% card). The additional cost applies to many items.
I mean this as nicely as possible, but you're completely missing the entire point of this. First off, you can't actually apply for the Dividend anymore. Second, I'm product changing from one card to another, preserving my original account open date for AAoA reasons and my credit limit. Third, you think I actually spend money at drug stores? haha. I'm buying gift cards to turn into money orders. I don't think anybody is PCing to a dividend card for actual real life spending....
Old May 26, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
I mean this as nicely as possible, but you're completely missing the entire point of this. First off, you can't actually apply for the Dividend anymore. Second, I'm product changing from one card to another, preserving my original account open date for AAoA reasons and my credit limit. Third, you think I actually spend money at drug stores? haha. I'm buying gift cards to turn into money orders.
I know you can't apply for the Dividend anymore - you can only product change to it.

That is a good point about the gift cards. I guess I'm spoiled with the vastly larger selection on Amazon and at Wegmans (where I get 4.5 MR points up to $6,000 per year).
Old May 27, 2017, 9:26 pm

I'm keeping Prestige for the travel coverage. For net $100 cost it's a no brainer for me

I've always appreciated the 3h delay coverage and extended coverage reasons.

My latest experience w CSR coverage reinforced it even more

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28368726-post255.html
Old May 28, 2017, 1:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Tangential discussion of Prestige Priority Pass membership has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...embership.html
Old May 28, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I'm keeping Prestige for the travel coverage. For net $100 cost it's a no brainer for me

I've always appreciated the 3h delay coverage and extended coverage reasons.

My latest experience w CSR coverage reinforced it even more

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28368726-post255.html
Is Citi Prestige best in class with trip delay protections? I thought so, but there has been an explosion in this "premium card" space so I'm not so sure anymore.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was out golfing at a TPC course this afternoon, incidentally paired up with another guy who booked using the Prestige benefit. He was lamenting the loss of both the golf and Admiral's Club access and said he planned to cancel upon next renewal. Could tell he's probably not the flyertalk type as he didn't know what card he'd replace it with.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is Citi Prestige best in class with trip delay protections? I thought so, but there has been an explosion in this "premium card" space so I'm not so sure anymore.
Yes, nobody else has a 3 hour minimum. Plus, you can expense up to $500 for a baggage delay all at once. Other cards limit you to $100/day for delayed baggage. CSR is 6 hours with $500 coverage, and $100/day baggage with 5 day max. Amex Plat has no delay coverage.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:16 am

I just noticed this today - not that people should be carrying a balance from month to month (aside from long 0% promos) but the Prestige now has a range of APR's rather than variable APR. It used to be only 16.49%.

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...66761C2L10402W
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...It used to be only 16.49%.
Purchase APR 16.49% - 24.49% variable APR based on your creditworthiness.
And yet, my Prestige purchase rate is 9.99%.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by mia
I need to learn some tricks from you. I have three Citi cards where I want to lower the APR.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:58 pm

I was out golfing at a TPC course this afternoon, incidentally paired up with another guy who booked using the Prestige benefit. He was lamenting the loss of both the golf and Admiral's Club access and said he planned to cancel upon next renewal. Could tell he's probably not the flyertalk type as he didn't know what card he'd replace it with.
What card are you going to replace it with?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by dinkoh
What card are you going to replace it with?
I don't know...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Mine is 9.49%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.