Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 14, 17, 10:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: AAdmiral
Wiki Link
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card


JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jan 7, 19, 2:15 am
  #1756  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO, TPE, TYO, DXB
Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, JPMPB, US/JP Centurion
Posts: 176
How do you access this? I don't see this on J.P. Morgan Online under any account Ritz, Amazon, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, IHG, JPMR, United Explorer, Investments, Checking Plus, or Savings Plus...Infuriating! And then I go to Chase.com and login and it brings me right back to the same J.P. Morgan Online. Tried incognito same. Then I download the Chase Mobile app, and it won't let me log in, "Please use the J.P. Morgan Online app on your iPhone to access your accounts. For help downloading the app, visit www.jpmorgan.com/mobile or call...."
cce5858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 5:49 am
  #1757  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: UA 1K - 1.5MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy LT Titanium (Ambassador thru 1/20), Hyatt Glob
Posts: 616
Originally Posted by cce5858 View Post
How do you access this? I don't see this on J.P. Morgan Online under any account Ritz, Amazon, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, IHG, JPMR, United Explorer, Investments, Checking Plus, or Savings Plus...Infuriating! And then I go to Chase.com and login and it brings me right back to the same J.P. Morgan Online. Tried incognito same. Then I download the Chase Mobile app, and it won't let me log in, "Please use the J.P. Morgan Online app on your iPhone to access your accounts. For help downloading the app, visit www.jpmorgan.com/mobile or call...."
I suggest having your team contact online support and open a ticket. I also have an open ticket and they are supposed to call me. It appears these offers as well as previous ones such as the extra UR point for mobile payments was never offered on the JPMR.
Magic Pickles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:08 am
  #1758  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,165
Moderator action

Discussion of the JPM Ritz Carlton card moved:

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018.
mia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:26 am
  #1759  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO, TPE, TYO, DXB
Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, JPMPB, US/JP Centurion
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles View Post


I suggest having your team contact online support and open a ticket. I also have an open ticket and they are supposed to call me. It appears these offers as well as previous ones such as the extra UR point for mobile payments was never offered on the JPMR.
I found the solution! I am surprised no one on this thread has said anything about this as its something we are all kinda left out on... So I called Chase Card Services on the back of my Freedom to ask about all these "Chase Offers" since apparently it is only on Chase products. She said I can find it upon logging in on the mobile app. I asked for a supervisor to walk me through the steps on JPMorgan Mobile and still could not find it. She then asked me to call banking. So I called client services and online IT support as Magic Pickles suggested to open a ticket. I was surprised he knew what I was talking about, and he told me that no ticket was needed since it was a feature not yet available for the JPMorgan account access (I have US private banking login and Taiwan JPMS Asset Management login).

So this is what you have to do. Go to www.chase.com and enroll in CHASE ONLINE. Put in your card number, and you have to create a new username different from your JPMorgan Online one. For me I started with my Freedom. Then I completed setup and logged out and logged in, and voila, all my Chase cards showed up, including JPM Reserve and JPM Ritz. The only cards that don't show up are the Ink cards. Then I finally had access to Chase Mobile. And then under my Amazon card, I see Chase offers. This all took less than 10 mins.

Hope this was helpful. Nothing exciting in the offers as of now but I'm glad I learned something new today and no longer feel left out.
cce5858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:41 am
  #1760  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: UA 1K - 1.5MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy LT Titanium (Ambassador thru 1/20), Hyatt Glob
Posts: 616
Originally Posted by cce5858 View Post
I found the solution! I am surprised no one on this thread has said anything about this as its something we are all kinda left out on... So I called Chase Card Services on the back of my Freedom to ask about all these "Chase Offers" since apparently it is only on Chase products. She said I can find it upon logging in on the mobile app. I asked for a supervisor to walk me through the steps on JPMorgan Mobile and still could not find it. She then asked me to call banking. So I called client services and online IT support as Magic Pickles suggested to open a ticket. I was surprised he knew what I was talking about, and he told me that no ticket was needed since it was a feature not yet available for the JPMorgan account access (I have US private banking login and Taiwan JPMS Asset Management login).

So this is what you have to do. Go to www.chase.com and enroll in CHASE ONLINE. Put in your card number, and you have to create a new username different from your JPMorgan Online one. For me I started with my Freedom. Then I completed setup and logged out and logged in, and voila, all my Chase cards showed up, including JPM Reserve and JPM Ritz. The only cards that don't show up are the Ink cards. Then I finally had access to Chase Mobile. And then under my Amazon card, I see Chase offers. This all took less than 10 mins.

Hope this was helpful. Nothing exciting in the offers as of now but I'm glad I learned something new today and no longer feel left out.
Thanks for the update and glad it’s worked out! Was the JPMR able to be selected as a choice to view offers (even if none were offered at this time)? I still can’t select JPMR as option for offers even though I can access account info on Chase Mobile.

For Ink cards, you need a business login and then they can consolidate your personal cards over into one profile under business and still see Chase offers for the personal cards.
Magic Pickles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:50 am
  #1761  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO, TPE, TYO, DXB
Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, JPMPB, US/JP Centurion
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles View Post


Thanks for the update and glad it’s worked out! Was the JPMR able to be selected as a choice to view offers (even if none were offered at this time)? I still can’t select JPMR as option for offers even though I can access account info on Chase Mobile.

For Ink cards, you need a business login and then they can consolidate your personal cards over into one profile under business and still see Chase offers for the personal cards.
I see offers on my Amazon Prime, IHG Select, Freedom U, MileagePlus Explorer, MileagePlus Rewards, Freedom, Ritz-Carlton. I do not see any Chase offers on the JPMR. Oh hmm. Should I have opened a business login? JPMorgan does that too I have a separate login for my JPM classic business chk and cash management accounts. Quite annoying. And a separate ID for my Japan and Taiwan jpms accounts. Cannot reuise ID....
cce5858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:58 am
  #1762  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: UA 1K - 1.5MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy LT Titanium (Ambassador thru 1/20), Hyatt Glob
Posts: 616
Originally Posted by cce5858 View Post
I see offers on my Amazon Prime, IHG Select, Freedom U, MileagePlus Explorer, MileagePlus Rewards, Freedom, Ritz-Carlton. I do not see any Chase offers on the JPMR. Oh hmm. Should I have opened a business login? JPMorgan does that too I have a separate login for my JPM classic business chk and cash management accounts. Quite annoying. And a separate ID for my Japan and Taiwan jpms accounts. Cannot reuise ID....
Business login only helps if you want to see all accounts under one login. It won’t help with more Chase offers as they are not yet offered to business accounts. There is Visa Savings Edge which is a Visa program rather than Chase.

It appears you are also unable to select JPMR for offers. If you also open a ticket maybe they will see a trend and address this, unless they state that this card was never intended to receive offers which would be a shame.
Magic Pickles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:02 am
  #1763  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO, TPE, TYO, DXB
Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, JPMPB, US/JP Centurion
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles View Post


Business login only helps if you want to see all accounts under one login. It won’t help with more Chase offers as they are not yet offered to business accounts. There is Visa Savings Edge which is a Visa program rather than Chase.

It appears you are also unable to select JPMR for offers. If you also open a ticket maybe they will see a trend and address this, unless they state that this card was never intended to receive offers which would be a shame.
Hmm...I don't think its a technical issue. Chase offers might not be offered for all products including the Reserve. Just a guess. It wasn't offered on my British Airways either.
cce5858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 10:49 am
  #1764  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RBKC
Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Posts: 2,941
Originally Posted by cce5858 View Post
JPMR, Amex Plat, and Amex Centurion in the US all offer Priority Pass Select, with unlimited member visits and 2 guests per visit. My old Japan Centurion, which I card transfered to the US Centurion offered a Priority Pass without the “Select”, and was the Prestige. Keep in mind this “Select” is much better than the “Real” US$430 Priority Pass Prestige, which charges $32 for each guest. The only PP better than all these is the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card PP which offers unlimited visits and unlimited guests.
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Priority Pass has changed the meaning of their nomenclature. Originally, Select memberships excluded lounges operated by United and Copa Airlines. When those lounges left Priority Pass entirely, this exclusion became meaningless. Today Select means "sponsored by a USA based financial institution". It has no functional implication.
Yes -- that's what I was getting at. "Select" used to be much worse than the "real" one -- how funny that it is now the opposite! A shame that United and Copa left -- didn't know that had happened.
ExpatExp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 19, 10:31 pm
  #1765  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 137
Posting this question in this thread since presumably there are a number of JPM private bank clients here and I could't find a better thread. As many may know, Chase has recently and significantly expanded the 5/24 rule to most of their cards now (I expect since the JPMR is invite only that 5/24 still does not apply, but am kind of curious if anyone knows). But my question is with regards to recent applications by JPM PB clients for other cards. I am always way over 5/24 and have tried and failed in the past year or so for the United and Southwest cards (applied online) even as a PB client. More recently the new World of Hyatt card has been subjected to 5/24. On a whim I was at a branch the other day where I happen to know one of the CPC bankers (and despite being a JPM PB client) she knows I am in the card game and mentioned the relatively new World of Hyatt card. She also happens to handle one of my business accounts hence she is able to access my Chase profile. I played dumb and said wow that sounds great, can I apply? She did an in branch app and it surprisingly was approved (and I am at least 20/24 right now). I was shocked as she didn't mention anything about a pre-approval. I wonder if the newly subjected 5/24 cards (Hyatt, IHG, ect) and still open to PB clients or if it was just a fluke. She did the application on the screen but then I did have to sign a printed copy so maybe it was submitted through back-end paper channels (like the Chase INK business card loop hole) but we did get a near instant decision after I had to speak to an analyst about my income.
FleyeSkyHigh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 19, 2:23 am
  #1766  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SFO, TPE, TYO, DXB
Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, JPMPB, US/JP Centurion
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh View Post
Posting this question in this thread since presumably there are a number of JPM private bank clients here and I could't find a better thread. As many may know, Chase has recently and significantly expanded the 5/24 rule to most of their cards now (I expect since the JPMR is invite only that 5/24 still does not apply, but am kind of curious if anyone knows). But my question is with regards to recent applications by JPM PB clients for other cards. I am always way over 5/24 and have tried and failed in the past year or so for the United and Southwest cards (applied online) even as a PB client. More recently the new World of Hyatt card has been subjected to 5/24. On a whim I was at a branch the other day where I happen to know one of the CPC bankers (and despite being a JPM PB client) she knows I am in the card game and mentioned the relatively new World of Hyatt card. She also happens to handle one of my business accounts hence she is able to access my Chase profile. I played dumb and said wow that sounds great, can I apply? She did an in branch app and it surprisingly was approved (and I am at least 20/24 right now). I was shocked as she didn't mention anything about a pre-approval. I wonder if the newly subjected 5/24 cards (Hyatt, IHG, ect) and still open to PB clients or if it was just a fluke. She did the application on the screen but then I did have to sign a printed copy so maybe it was submitted through back-end paper channels (like the Chase INK business card loop hole) but we did get a near instant decision after I had to speak to an analyst about my income.
AFAIK, 5/24 affects all clients, JPMPB, CPC, or non banking customers. I have wanted to get that exact Hyatt card for some time as well, and no dice. In case you were wondering, all JPM and Chase cards are all underwritten by Chase Bank USA, N.A. It is in every cardmember agreement, I know nobody reads those. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and they provide all personal and business credit card products to the company. Your relationship team can get A LOT done for you regarding your banking, investing, hedge fund, charity, and retirement needs, but they have some limits when it comes to loans and credit cards. They can submit special consideration documents and internally reach Chase Card Services, but since 5/24 is more or less written into the company's underwriting policy and algorithms, fraud detection, and regulation, in my opinion it is impossible to get across. At least that is the case for me as a US Private Banking and International securities and wealth management client.

I am guessing you got preapproved in branch, in that case you are already conditionally approved, and the verification call is just a verification that you applied for the card, address and income match. Now I need to go in branch to see if I can get the Hyatt card. Oh and just a fyi but many of you should already know that Chase branches cannot see many of your JPM accounts unless they have access to fundcenter or the Chase branch is also a JPMorgan partial service branch. They were unable to see my checking plus account but were able to see it when they called in, when I went to Chase to ask for a cheque.

Oh and after speaking to my banker, he told me the rumored new name for the Ritz-Carlton Card would be the J.P. Morgan Marriott Bon Voyage Reserve Card. Let the eye rolls begin.....lol. Also, the card will no longer be constructed of the same solid material as the Reserve card, and would be metal-plastic laminate. However, if you would like to see the full metal card come back, call in to card services and ask to leave feedback. They are considering bringing back the metal design if there is a sufficient demand for it. I for one would like the full metal card as it is just gorgeous...silly I know.

Last edited by cce5858; Jan 8, 19 at 2:32 am
cce5858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 19, 4:04 am
  #1767  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: UA 1K - 1.5MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy LT Titanium (Ambassador thru 1/20), Hyatt Glob
Posts: 616
Originally Posted by cce5858 View Post
Oh and after speaking to my banker, he told me the rumored new name for the Ritz-Carlton Card would be the J.P. Morgan Marriott Bon Voyage Reserve Card. Let the eye rolls begin.....lol. Also, the card will no longer be constructed of the same solid material as the Reserve card, and would be metal-plastic laminate. However, if you would like to see the full metal card come back, call in to card services and ask to leave feedback. They are considering bringing back the metal design if there is a sufficient demand for it. I for one would like the full metal card as it is just gorgeous...silly I know.
Since the new leaked program name is Bonvoy, it will likely be Bonvoy Reserve - J.P. Morgan

I’d be very surprised if they offer a rebranded full metal card for a product no longer offered to new applicants. I don’t know how they can reopen a premium card to new applicants since AMEX has the rights to it via contractual agreement.
Magic Pickles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 9:36 pm
  #1768  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: HNL
Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Posts: 5,181
UR Bonus for >$100K Spend?

If memory serves me correctly, the UR bonus when spend tops $100k ended when Palladium changed to the JPMR. Is my memory correct?
747FC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:50 am
  #1769  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: UA 1K - 1.5MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy LT Titanium (Ambassador thru 1/20), Hyatt Glob
Posts: 616
Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
If memory serves me correctly, the UR bonus when spend tops $100k ended when Palladium changed to the JPMR. Is my memory correct?
Correct.
747FC likes this.
Magic Pickles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 19, 4:05 pm
  #1770  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 389
Any news on contactless?
Nick92 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread