Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Chase changed the travel agency within the past two weeks and it’s no longer John Paul. All the good features are now gone and the service is now terrible and no better than just using the website.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
.... no longer John Paul.....
Is it an Expedia company or ... ?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mia
Is it an Expedia company or ... ?
Aspire Lifestyles
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Chase changed the travel agency within the past two weeks and it’s no longer John Paul. All the good features are now gone and the service is now terrible and no better than just using the website.
Can you kindly describe how the new service level differs from John Paul? Did you HUACA?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC

Can you kindly describe how the new service level differs from John Paul? Did you HUACA?

Thanks.
John Paul could book any travel directly from any website and wasn’t restricted to the UR portal. They would charge your card the full amount and issue a statement credit at 1.5x to negate the full cost. They would also get back to you as promised if they needed to research a complex booking whereas this new service doesn’t do anything more than what you can get on the web portal. Yes, more than one HUACA. Now it makes sense as the hold music is different and they don’t ask for the last 4x of card number.
747FC likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:48 pm

In the eyes of Chase, the JPM Reserve is seen as the equivalent of the CSR as a product offering. Case in point last summer when I was shopping around for a mortgage. Chase was running a promotion of UR points if you closed a mortgage with Chase, 75k for Sapphire Reserve, 50k for Sapphire Preferred, and 25k for Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. Based on the fact that I had the JPM Reserve card but not the CSR I inquired with multiple departments including CPC, Home Mortgage Marketing, and several others and half the people I spoke to had no idea what the JPM Reserve card was, some were reading from a script and said that it had to be a Sapphire card or a Freedom card, and other saying definitively that I would not get the points. So I ended up applying for a CSR for my wife so she could get the 75k card. Yeah, 2 weeks after my mortgage closed the 75k posted to my JPM Reserve card. So while not one of the 8 or so people I spoke to knew the correct answer, this data point makes me think that in the eyes of the Chase internal system the JPM Reserve = CSR.

Another thing is that I don't think I've ever gotten a Chase Offers promo on the JPM Reserve card while I've gotten them on all of my other Chase cards (6 total including the JPM card).

And finally I have both the metal card and a plastic card, with different expiration dates and different CVC codes but the numbers on the front are the same. Both cards work, even though the zip codes on both cards are still my old zip code. Despite having it changed, no mailings going to my old address, and no record left of my old address, whenever I'm asked for the zip code for verification, if I use my current zip code it fails, but if I use my old zip code it works.

Yeah, the JPM card is certainly a strange one to have. I rarely if ever use the metal card and use the plastic version daily. But for the same AF as the Sapphire Reserve but the benefits of the hidden trade line and the United Club, in my eyes it's definitely worth keeping over the Sapphire Reserve, which I had in the past but no longer do.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
I had to get a replacement card because my account number was compromised. The new card has a 2/19 version date above the magstripe as opposed to the old card having a 6/16 version. The renewal date was oddly 4.5 years rather than 5. The card finish is more matte/silk rather than glossy and you can see a slight indentation on the back where the security code is and due to the chip on the front. I don’t see anything indicating there is contactless functionality. It also didn’t come in that ridiculous gigantic box and instead was in a slimmer carrier without the promotional materials. The old and new cards appear to be the same thickness and weight but I don’t have a gram scale to verify.
is that the metal or plastic version? Need to get a new plastic one soon....
Old May 3, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Do we still have to CONVERT from metal to plastic and then convert back to get a metal card on renewal? It doesn't seem like people can anymore just get both.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by hawata
is that the metal or plastic version? Need to get a new plastic one soon....
Metal version
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:24 pm

John Paul could book any travel directly from any website and wasn’t restricted to the UR portal. They would charge your card the full amount and issue a statement credit at 1.5x to negate the full cost. They would also get back to you as promised if they needed to research a complex booking whereas this new service doesn’t do anything more than what you can get on the web portal. Yes, more than one HUACA. Now it makes sense as the hold music is different and they don’t ask for the last 4x of card number.
Tried booking an AC flight a couple weeks back. Called just after the switch. Completely different service. Gave exact flights, and they returned with a ticket price 25% higher than was avail booking direct with airline. Said "we only get certain inventory - it is what it is".

This whole "use your points at 1.5x for travel bookings" isn't looking so good if the pricing for travel is always higher.

I thought the old travel service was pretty good, even if it took them awhile to research and book it. Oh well - just another perk taken away. No surprise.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:18 am

J.P. Morgan Chase requests your feedback

Received an email today with the above title, which continues to say:

"Help us improve J.P. Morgan Reserve Travel

As a valued card member, your feedback means a great deal to us. Please take a moment to share your thoughts as we use your feedback to help us make future enhancements to our program."

Unfortunately, the email did not come from JP Morgan, but from a survey firm hired by Aspire Lifestyles, meaning that JP Morgan probably will not get the feedback at all.

Did everyone get this, or only those who have previously interacted with Aspire Lifestyles?

Last edited by 747FC; Jun 4, 2019 at 10:32 am
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:22 am
mia

Originally Posted by 747FC
.... email did not come from JP Morgan, but from a survey firm hired by Aspire Lifestyles, meaning that JP Morgan will not get the feedback at all. ....
You think Chase gave access to the email list, but won't see the results?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by mia
You think Chase gave access to the email list, but won't see the results?
The basic question is whether Aspire is sending a customer experience survey only to those who have interacted with them. If so, then they already have one's email.

No, I don't think that Chase necessarily gets the information. The data is collected under the privacy policy of Aspire, and not Chase.

ETA: I should have said in my OP that Chase probably would not get the feedback.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Very insignificant question, but has anyone recently ordered a card as a damaged replacement (keep same number)? Was the expiration and security numbers changed? If anyone wants to try it out, I would appreciate the data point. Also if anyone can kindly post pics of the new card design with personal info redacted, I would appreciate it

Sorry for my insignificant question, but my card is completely scratched up with the clear coat peeling left and right, and I kinda do not want to order another replacement if they change the expiration/cvv again.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:57 am
mia

Originally Posted by cce5858
.... if they change the expiration/cvv again.
If you have the card on file with merchants which the issuer identifies as "recurring" you may not need to update those details. We do not use any Chase cards for recurring charges, but American Express cards update automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.