Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Very odd and definitely a fail. I never call JPM and have never had charges rejected, even in presumably much higher-risk locations like Nigeria or South Sudan, let alone Europe.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Scifience
Very odd and definitely a fail. I never call JPM and have never had charges rejected, even in presumably much higher-risk locations like Nigeria or South Sudan, let alone Europe.
The only time I’ve had an alert/block was due to obvious fraud, where my number was cloned and a card with an incorrect 3-digit security code was used at a gas pump in another state. I got an email and called and received a new card overnight.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by Scifience
I’m impressed you found somewhere that takes credit cards in South Sudan. It’s been more than 7 years since I was there, but cash only!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by schalliol
I’m impressed you found somewhere that takes credit cards in South Sudan. It’s been more than 7 years since I was there, but cash only!
At the risk of taking this thread too far off topic, it's still quite rare, but some of the higher-end (for Juba, at least...) hotels were now taking cards; I stayed at Acacia Village. Most things of course still needed cash, and ATMs were largely useless, working with local cards only at least as of late 2018.
schalliol likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I've never had JPM charges rejected. Unfortunately someone called to ask about my credit line, which prompted the Chase fraud department to cancel it and order a new card right before I got on a plane. Although I always travel with multiple CCs this was still a PITA because I use the JPM card for all travel expenses including hotels, dining, car rentals, etc.

I really resent that none of the major issuers will provide cardholders with info on where the card was compromised (which might help to prevent future incidents). This was my "go to" card for everything but now I will have to be a bit more circumspect on where I use it, particularly overseas. And never on swipe terminals.

On the plus side, the CVN was starting to fade and the metal corners were getting rough...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jason77
.... not a private banking client..... no record of my call ....They had no record of my call or issues. ....
I wonder if the fact that you do not meet the current requirement to have the card means that it is not integrated into Chase's IT system correctly. You might receive much better service if you change to Sapphire Reserve which does not expect to find a Chase bank account.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I really resent that none of the major issuers will provide cardholders with info on where the card was compromised (which might help to prevent future incidents).
As noted in post #1832 , I was told exactly where and how the incidents occurred. I first got a J.P. Morgan fraud alert email and then the fraud agent told me the circumstances on how they knew it was fraud.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Im
a JP Reserve card holder but not a private banking client. I called one month before doing international travel to Italy letting them know my itinerary and set up a cap on ATM cash advance and my pin as I didn’t want to bring a debit card. Result was Not being able to use the credit or debit card. Apparently there was no record of my call and my pin got disabled and I’d have to wait till Monday to fix it.
I was stranded not able to check into a hotel and the executive line couldn’t offer a solution.
I didn’t have my Amex on
me but because I had their phone number was able to call Amex and they secured the room
for me even though the hotel didn’t even accept Amex!

Next day i call collect the number on back of JP reserve card. They had no record of my call or issues. Within 5 minutes of being on phone I get a fraud alert email from chase for my attempted room
charge the night before (about ten hours earlier). I get transferred to chase fraud prevention who then clears me to do charges but still have to wait until Monday for cash advance. Monday we will see what happens but I’m pretty sure I’m canceling my cards.

i was standing in a hotel lobby and was offered no solution after a 40 min phone call. But the next day phone call was more frustrating. After being cleared I made a store purchase and then get denied again about an hour later for another purchase. Fraud prevention alert again. I called and got cleared and will possibly follow up Monday regarding not being able to use cash advance. I’ll follow up but anyone ever have similar issues?
this is where using SM is in order instead of calling. SM is more convenient and you have a record of it. FWIW anytime I send a SM about my travel chase sends me a reply saying, in effect, "thanks but I don't ever need to let them know. I've never had a JPMR (or palladium before that) declined in the US or about 20 countries.

So you asked for a higher cap on ATM withdrawals? IME the cap has always been a function of the local ATM's rules not chase. I've never had a problem using the card at an ATM or a bank to get cash. How new is your account?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
It looks like you can place a travel notification from the site here:
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:37 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
.... How new is your account?
2016, apparently...

Being a current palladium cardholder but not a private banking client I called and was offered to convert to the JP Reserve. .....
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I wonder if the fact that you do not meet the current requirement to have the card means that it is not integrated into Chase's IT system correctly. You might receive much better service if you change to Sapphire Reserve which does not expect to find a Chase bank account.
this could be true. I do have multiple chase accounts including business checking and business credit cards but this could be the issue nonetheless
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia
2016, apparently...
id Rather not post the date I got the card on a public forum but does it matter?

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2019 at 5:27 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:27 pm
mia

....does it matter?
Presumably not, unless it's a very new account.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust

So you asked for a higher cap on ATM withdrawals? IME the cap has always been a function of the local ATM's rules not chase. I've never had a problem using the card at an ATM or a bank to get cash. How new is your account?
Thanks for the response. I wasn’t very clear. I called to put lower the cap on cash advances. I didn’t want the ability do large cash advances while traveling overseas as it’s just simply not a feature I need or use. My limit was much too high. Apparently that didn’t happen and my limit remained but for whatever reason can’t do cash advances until Monday when I can clear this up. I am now able to charge.

Just to clarify I wasn’t able to do Any withdrawal so the amount wasn’t the issue. It started with my card being denied at a hotel check in and immediately tried to withdraw cash at a bank atm about 20 minutes later. Problem was not getting assistance in resolution that night. I was literally left stranded

side note American Express was able to get an Italian speaking support representative on phone with the hotel in about 5 minutes and secured my room.
FleyeSkyHigh likes this.

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2019 at 6:39 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by cce5858
Hmm...I don't think its a technical issue. Chase offers might not be offered for all products including the Reserve. Just a guess. It wasn't offered on my British Airways either.
I just noticed that Chase offers now appear for the JPMR
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.