Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Turtles
Can you still get the plastic version of the card? Like the middle one in post #1981
New plastic one is same background design (dark grey faux brushed metal). Contactless. Visa logo bottom right. Card number, name and expiration embossed/stamped from rear (reflective silver) on the front. Doesn't have "member since" like old version. JPM script in top right (same size and placement as the PVC/metal hybrid).

Are there any real, heavy full metal cards anymore? Ritz is gone. AMEX plat and cent still available in real metal?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Testerfing
New plastic one is same background design (dark grey faux brushed metal). Contactless. Visa logo bottom right. Card number, name and expiration embossed (reflective silver) on the front. Doesn't have "member since" like old version. JPM script in top right (same size and placement as the PVC/metal hybrid).

Are there any real, heavy full metal cards anymore? Ritz is gone. AMEX plat and cent still available in real metal?
Is the Visa logo printed or the holographic foil stamped version?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
Is the Visa logo printed or the holographic foil stamped version?
Shiny silver foil. It may be holographic, but if so the effect is slight. Not as obvious as the old eagle holograms for example.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
New plastic one is same background design (dark grey faux brushed metal). Contactless. Visa logo bottom right. Card number, name and expiration embossed/stamped from rear (reflective silver) on the front. Doesn't have "member since" like old version. JPM script in top right (same size and placement as the PVC/metal hybrid).
When did you get the fully plastic card? I was just told that it is not available. (but reading that it no longer is the former brown and gold makes me less interested in one).
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:52 am

About 2-3 weeks ago. They have them.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:08 am

Got the new one yesterday. Complete trash.

the “brushed metal” look is actually (poor) printing designed to look like brushed metal. .
About 2-3 weeks ago. They have them.
You got the plastic version before the new metal one (which would have been on 10/14)?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
You got the plastic version before the new metal one (which would have been on 10/14)?
Yea -- got it I think early Oct. I think. Both my old cards were expiring soon. Got the plastic replacement first by a few weeks. Been sitting on my desk. I didn't care as I rarely used the old plastic. Was only annoyed when the metal one I did carry had been replaced with the PVC/poly hybrid.

Plastic one came in FedEx with a normal white envelope inside, card stickied to one page, like a Freedom.

PVC/Metal one came in FedEx with a bigger presentation envelope (drawstring closure). Not the bigger presentation box of the old metal card.
747FC likes this.

Last edited by Testerfing; Oct 20, 2021 at 1:47 pm
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:37 pm

Here you go.

Old real metal.

Old debit (don't have new one, don't know if they replaced)

New plastic JPMR

New plastic/metal sandwich JPMR

https://imgur.com/rEdEffO

Plastic new one looks lighter. That's just from photo and the fact plastic one has a little reflection tint. They're the same pattern/color. If anything plastic one looks darker 90% of times.
747FC and WasKnown like this.

Last edited by Testerfing; Oct 20, 2021 at 8:51 pm
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:48 am

Testerfing thanks for posting photos. The Visa logo is too high above Infinite. The same thing happened with the original JPMP plastic version, it took them months to get the Visa sticker in the right place.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:46 am

When did you get the fully plastic card? I was just told that it is not available. (but reading that it no longer is the former brown and gold makes me less interested in one).
I called the Exec Line, and as opposed to the nameless Chat representative, the agent who I talked to said I could get the plastic one. He said the options were clearly "plastic" and "metal."

BTW, for those of us complaining about a cheapened card product, it might give perspective to hear Centurions complaining about their new card stock quality (starting at Post 719):

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:35 pm

I called the Exec Line, and as opposed to the nameless Chat representative, the agent who I talked to said I could get the plastic one. He said the options were clearly "plastic" and "metal."
Got my plastic version of the JMPR. Same CCV code as on metal. I actually like the color of the plastic one better, but it lacks the clean look of the metal card.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Hopefully JPM won't forget about the Reserve cardholders (see also CSR thread in this forum)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...nk-you-package
Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here: JP Morgan Reserve VISA Infinite

Last edited by mia; Jan 16, 2022 at 12:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.