Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:05 am

Received this:

Subject: Centurion Living 2021 Season Events Postponement

We are writing to you today with an important update about the Centurion Living events scheduled for the remainder of 2021. Due to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, all Centurion Living events that were scheduled to take place later this year are being rescheduled for 2022 (with the exception of Introduction to Scottish Highlands, which is a smaller, bespoke experience).

Because of this, we are delaying bookings for these events and will follow up as soon as possible with more information - including when bookings will re-open and exact event dates. At this time, there are no plans to change events scheduled for 2022.

It’s important to let you know that when bookings do re-open, it will follow the same process we previously shared with you. You will be able to make bookings online with your unique booking code or we can assist you based on your event preferences. We can still help you with making a booking for Introduction to Scottish Highlands if you are interested in attending that event.

We are very excited about these upcoming events and look forward to welcoming you to them when it is safe to do so. I encourage you to continue browsing The New Centurion website to explore events that interest you. We are also happy to note which events you are interested in and, when possible, contact you to assist with booking it once it is rescheduled.

We will continue to stay in close communication about 2022 bookings and look forward to bringing Centurion Living to life once it’s safe to do so. Please reach out via email at [email protected] or by calling Centurion Membership Services at 1-877-877-0987 should you have any other questions about this.

While we understand this may be disappointing, we will always prioritize the safety of our Members. As always, we appreciate your valued Membership with American Express.

Last edited by mia; Sep 2, 2021 at 10:52 am Reason: Formatting
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Received this:

Subject: Centurion Living 2021 Season Events Postponement

We are writing to you today with an important update about the Centurion Living events scheduled for the remainder of 2021. Due to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, all Centurion Living events that were scheduled to take place later this year are being rescheduled for 2022 (with the exception of Introduction to Scottish Highlands, which is a smaller, bespoke experience).

Because of this, we are delaying bookings for these events and will follow up as soon as possible with more information - including when bookings will re-open and exact event dates. At this time, there are no plans to change events scheduled for 2022.

It’s important to let you know that when bookings do re-open, it will follow the same process we previously shared with you. You will be able to make bookings online with your unique booking code or we can assist you based on your event preferences. We can still help you with making a booking for Introduction to Scottish Highlands if you are interested in attending that event.

We are very excited about these upcoming events and look forward to welcoming you to them when it is safe to do so. I encourage you to continue browsing The New Centurion website to explore events that interest you. We are also happy to note which events you are interested in and, when possible, contact you to assist with booking it once it is rescheduled.

We will continue to stay in close communication about 2022 bookings and look forward to bringing Centurion Living to life once it’s safe to do so. Please reach out via email at [email protected] or by calling Centurion Membership Services at 1-877-877-0987 should you have any other questions about this.

While we understand this may be disappointing, we will always prioritize the safety of our Members. As always, we appreciate your valued Membership with American Express.
Slightly confusing because many of the events have dates in both 2021 and 2022. Nothing is available to book except Highlands. Would have been more clear if they just said all bookings (except Highlands) are postponed rather than specifying events scheduled for 2021.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Received this:

We are very excited about these upcoming events and look forward to welcoming you to them when it is safe to do so. I encourage you to continue browsing The New Centurion website...
What is that website? Typo?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:36 am

Hmm I didn’t even click the link. I assume they were referring to this:

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...new-centurion/
Tiramisu likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:57 am

Actually the original link works - you just need to click “direct access” on the first landing page. Not sure why they included that weird link but it gets you there.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:43 am

I've had both a phone call and two email reminders to select my new art card and Prada wearable before Sep 30th. Anyone else? I'm wondering why they are pushing it so much - so what if a member skips it and doesn't make a selection.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I've had both a phone call and two email reminders to select my new art card and Prada wearable before Sep 30th. Anyone else? I'm wondering why they are pushing it so much - so what if a member skips it and doesn't make a selection.
They want to hook you on the idea of paying with your bracelet. It's the next step towards implanting a chip in your wrist.

Then it will be less likely you will use any other credit cards. Simple strategy, eh?
SusanDK likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:56 am

Err the deadline was 9/12 - and their explanation was that everything was being custom made in batches.

REQUEST A NEW ART CARD & WEARABLE Choose between the classic black Card or two new limited-edition Centurion Art Cards – exclusively designed in collaboration with celebrated artists. Plus, you can request your new PRADA x CENTURION Wearable ‘Card’ at the same time when you select your design preference. Visit your account online to make your selections by September 12, 2021.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Err the deadline was 9/12 - and their explanation was that everything was being custom made in batches.
It was bumped to Sept 30th. Global supply chain, blah, blah, blah....
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Talbs
I'm a little late to the party here but I got a business centurion invite two days ago on 10/6 and still had the option to select an art card, so perhaps that 9/30 deadline was a little aggressive. I got the floral one. It should arrive today but I'm not in town to receive it, haha.

I'm excited about the Centurion Living program and plan to take advantage of whatever events I can squeeze in. Seems pretty cool.
Congrats! For DP, what has been your spend over the past couple of years?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
It was bumped to Sept 30th. Global supply chain, blah, blah, blah....
I got an email that it will be arriving in the "next few weeks". Just in time for me to be over in Europe for vacation.
Mr. Talbs likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I got an email that it will be arriving in the "next few weeks". Just in time for me to be over in Europe for vacation.
Same here - and I'm hoping it won't come early, before I return from Europe. Didn't they originally say all new cards would be shipped in December?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Same here - and I'm hoping it won't come early, before I return from Europe. Didn't they originally say all new cards would be shipped in December?
They said anytime from September to December when I called to request mine
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
I got my new card and Prada bracelet today.

I opted for the “Classic” design. Compared to my existing card the new card is .4g lighter and the printing of my name and the security code are blurry and dim, like they were badly printed. Same on the back but also some text is raised whereas it was flat on the old card. Still much harder to actually read than the old card, because it’s smaller and blurry text with less contrast.

The Prada bracelet looks well made but also not something I would wear or want to have a chat about with the sales associate I’m checking out with. I’m a watch guy too.

I would have preferred a small keychain fob in lieu of the card if there were a second option, or even just a second (more readable) card.

Not great!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:30 pm

Received mine as well. So far unable to activate the wearable. At first it did not show in my account (although the ones for my supplemental cards do). They fixed that but now it says “system issue” if I try to activate. Phone reps say it’s a “known issue”

As far as ever using it - I’m trying to envision when I would have it and not have my phone to use applepay. Oh right - never.
PilotJoe91 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.