Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Could care less means you still care to some degree

You can still use contactless by simply using your mobile wallet.
I don’t use contactless or mobile wallets. No need, no desire.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
Has anyone received a contactless version of the JPM Reserve Visa Infinite Card yet? Wondering how it will be done since my current card is solid metal.
Yes, I could care less about this also, because it's a very important feature to me, and I have asked for it a number of times. There is no need for me personally to carry cards without contactless when contactless and mobile wallets are so much easier and faster for me to use.

Being based in Europe, I am always surprised when I go back to the US and many places don't have contactless. It is much better and faster for me than inserting a card to have the chip read. Now if only they will move out of the stone age in the US and use PINs instead of signatures

Amex have contactless of course, but had to put plastic on one side of the metal card to make it work. Not sure if JPM will do the same…
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub, Hilton HHonors, World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Yes, I could care less about this also, because it's a very important feature to me, and I have asked for it a number of times. There is no need for me personally to carry cards without contactless when contactless and mobile wallets are so much easier and faster for me to use.

Being based in Europe, I am always surprised when I go back to the US and many places don't have contactless. It is much better and faster for me than inserting a card to have the chip read. Now if only they will move out of the stone age in the US and use PINs instead of signatures

Amex have contactless of course, but had to put plastic on one side of the metal card to make it work. Not sure if JPM will do the same…
Don't get me wrong, I would love contactless as every other card of mine has it but, I can make do with my phone for the short term. I have the plastic version coming today so I can let you know if that one has it. Chip and PIN cannot come soon enough to the US. That would be more beneficial to me personally.

UPDATE: Received plastic card today. While card number is identical to metal version, there is no contactless yet in it. Card looks very much like a cross of the old Select card and the Private bank debit card.
ExpatExp likes this.

Last edited by websteth; Nov 7, 2019 at 3:31 pm Reason: Updated Plastic Card Info.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:23 am

I wonder if JPMorgan will finally make improvements to the JPM Reserve Card now that Amex has upped the ante on the Centurion Card and rumors of a new “Centurion Lite” Card will be coming soon. I don’t mind an increase in fees for better options instead of just a Private Bank branded CSR Card. Maybe adding United Platinum or even 1K Status would be a good start.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I wonder if JPMorgan will finally make improvements to the JPM Reserve Card now that Amex has upped the ante on the Centurion Card and rumors of a new “Centurion Lite” Card will be coming soon. I don’t mind an increase in fees for better options instead of just a Private Bank branded CSR Card. Maybe adding United Platinum or even 1K Status would be a good start.
UA 1K is just wishful thinking. Even the Centurion card doesn't provide top tier status on Delta but rather only Platinum. Additionally, the new annual fee for the Centurion Card is $5K per year; the CSR/JPM Reserve aren't even remotely playing the same league as the Cent card.

Chase hasn't really responded to any competitor moves since launching the CSR, why do you you think they'll respond to improvements to the Centurion Card, which isn't the appropriate competitive benchmark for the CSR/JPM Reserve?

Regards
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by scubadu
UA 1K is just wishful thinking. Even the Centurion card doesn't provide top tier status on Delta but rather only Platinum. Additionally, the new annual fee for the Centurion Card is $5K per year; the CSR/JPM Reserve aren't even remotely playing the same league as the Cent card.

Chase hasn't really responded to any competitor moves since launching the CSR, why do you you think they'll respond to improvements to the Centurion Card, which isn't the appropriate competitive benchmark for the CSR/JPM Reserve?

Regards
Chase will respond .... with a fee hike and probably benefits adjustment — an adjustment which saves/makes Chase money .... probably at the expense of its most savvy bank card rewards/benefits-using customers in the aggregate.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub, Hilton HHonors, World of Hyatt
Would be nice to have maybe hotel status like the AMEX Platinum with Hyatt or Marriott. That would be a nice add on.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:01 pm

JP Morgan Chase should use the synergies they already have with the partners they issue co-branded cards with. They have Hyatt, Marriott, IHG hotels. With the airlines they have United, British Airways, & Southwest. They could also do something with Amazon Prime as well.

The Private Bank should focus on the JPM Reserve as a separate product and diferente the card from the retail Chase CSR. The Private Bank also makes money on the banking relationship with it customers and it would benefit them with a stronger and better premium card product.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:41 pm

JP Morgan Chase should use the synergies they already have with the partners they issue co-branded cards with. They have Hyatt, Marriott, IHG hotels. With the airlines they have United, British Airways, & Southwest. They could also do something with Amazon Prime as well.

The Private Bank should focus on the JPM Reserve as a separate product and diferente the card from the retail Chase CSR. The Private Bank also makes money on the banking relationship with it customers and it would benefit them with a stronger and better premium card product.
I would love to see more synergies with this card. It would truly make it a competitor to the Platinum at that point.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:27 am

I wonder how many have +10 million bucks here if any at all...I bet those are busy in business and don’t care much about those silly points and perks compared to their networth.

There should be a way around to get this card without having 10 millions
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Why? Chase is a bank. They want to offer a product that is exclusive to a certain type of bank client. How would Chase benefit by making this product more widely available? How would you benefit by having it? It is substantially similar to Sapphire Reserve.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
I wonder how many have +10 million bucks here if any at all...I bet those are busy in business and don’t care much about those silly points and perks compared to their networth.

There are ways to get this card and not have that amount.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Why? Chase is a bank. They want to offer a product that is exclusive to a certain type of bank client. How would Chase benefit by making this product more widely available? How would you benefit by having it? It is substantially similar to Sapphire Reserve.
Exactly. And how would expansion of the customer base benefit those of us who have the card? The unpublished UA lounge benefit is the key perk that separates it from CSR, and I would hate to see that disappear (which is a possibility if UA clubs become even more overcrowded).

I was pleasantly surprised to see Chase throw us a bone with the online registration merchant promos (e.g. spend $30 get $3 back at Starbucks). I don't think this moves the needle for anyone who has the card but no reason to breed resentment by not making the offers available to your best customers.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:13 am

FYI, Chase Offers and Credit Journey are now showing on the website.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
I wouldn't expect Chase to make any meaningful changes to the JPMR. Here's why:

1. There are well under 3,000 JPMR card holders compared to an estimated 30,000+ Centurion (including business version) cardholders.

2. JPMR card holders and clients are generally considered "savers" in the industry and do not nearly conduct the transaction $$$ that Centurion card holders rack up. Centurion card holders are generally considered "spenders" and are very lucrative to AMEX due to their spending (and the fees AMEX receives for their transactions). On the flip side, the intended holder for the JPMR are Private Wealth clients for whom the bank would rather have their assets under management as opposed to their dollars flowing out the door in purchases.

3. At only 3,000 JPMR card holders the cost to make changes and administer a significantly different product (from CSR) doesn't make sense to the bank especially when taking into account transaction revenue by product.

Last edited by FleyeSkyHigh; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.