Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
There is not an RF chip in the card. You can use Apple Pay on an iPhone or Apple Watch though, but I'm not sure what Android options might be available.
747FC likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:53 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

What is the $$$ threshold for this card now? I know the Chase Private Client requires $250k or so.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
It’s not that the card has a requirement exactly, but you have to be JPM PB another CPC, and at last I heard new JPM PB requires $10 MM.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Venomz
Is tap pay an option for the J.P. Morgan? I have this with my metal Amex, want to use this feature abroad
Originally Posted by schalliol
There is not an RF chip in the card. You can use Apple Pay on an iPhone or Apple Watch though, but I'm not sure what Android options might be available.
JPMR is supported in Google Pay (Android), though I've only used it within the U.S. Even has the right card design.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM etc
Originally Posted by thefunch
JPMR is supported in Google Pay (Android), though I've only used it within the U.S. Even has the right card design.
I've used the JPMR on Google Pay in Europe a-okay.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:04 am

Maybe we should try talking to our coverage teams and see if we can convince JPM to give JPMR holders Platinum Premier status when the new Marriott program launches next month.
747FC and Milwaukee like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MDJennings
Maybe we should try talking to our coverage teams and see if we can convince JPM to give JPMR holders Platinum Premier status when the new Marriott program launches next month.
Meh; I'll be Lifetime PP with Marriott. How about United GS instead?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

All kidding aside, the JPMR should have more benefits considering how high the barrier to entry is. UA Club membership is nice, but I'd much prefer they took a page out of Centurion's book and granted Hertz Plat, Avis PC, etc., leveraging some of their relationships like UA/Marriott/Hyatt.

UA Gold? Or even Plat?
Marriot Plat?
Hyatt Globalist?

Eh, a guy can dream.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thexfactor
All kidding aside, the JPMR should have more benefits considering how high the barrier to entry is. UA Club membership is nice, but I'd much prefer they took a page out of Centurion's book and granted Hertz Plat, Avis PC, etc., leveraging some of their relationships like UA/Marriott/Hyatt.

UA Gold? Or even Plat?
Marriot Plat?
Hyatt Globalist?

Eh, a guy can dream.
Also, there is NOTHING done for those of us who have UA Club membership from other cards/benefits. We can't use the cost towards other clubs, and we can't even use the membership towards our additional cardholder!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Yes would think the marketing relationship with high net worth customers would be more beneficial for travel providers than a crass pay-to-play Founders Club which has no qualification requirements except the annual fee. If FC can provide elite status and challenges you would think JPM could too. But bankers don't think like customers they hire marketing consultants to "advise"
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Yes would think the marketing relationship with high net worth customers would be more beneficial for travel providers than a crass pay-to-play Founders Club which has no qualification requirements except the annual fee. If FC can provide elite status and challenges you would think JPM could too. But bankers don't think like customers they hire marketing consultants to "advise"
Completely agree. It also wouldn’t cost these programs much considering there are probably magnitudes less JPMR holders than Amex Plat holders. They could probably also figure the JPMR holder spends a little bit more than the average person...

I imagine there are less than 10,000 JPMR holders.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:41 pm

These are great ideas, perhaps we could work together to determine a couple of top priorities and each write in? I imagine there will be a high level of receptivity, and if there is some consistency in the feedback it might have more impact.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Has anybody had any luck convincing Chase to reactivate/reopen a closed Palladium account? I held onto mine for many years and finally gave up on paying the annual fee a few years back due to lack of benefits (before CSR was even rumored). Now that the fees and benefits are nearly the same (with the exception of United Club membership with palladium) I'd like to reactivate my closed account since I could get everything I already get with CSR, plus the incremental UA benefit, and at no cost above what I'm already paying for CSR. Customer service told me a closed account cannot be reopened without going through the entire application process. For what it's worth, the Palladium account still shows up on my Chase login years later and for some reason I even received an updated membership packet a few weeks back -- both of which make me think the account isnt "fully closed" on their end. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
JP Morgan reopened my United Explorer card back in May, it was closed for 9 months, if that is any valid data point. Like you, it was visible on both my JP Morgan Online profile for the whole time it was closed, as well as my Chase business login profile. I was able to reopen it because I left $2000 credit limit when I transferred access line to another account. Representative did mention if I closed it with $0 access line, it would not be able to be reopened.

In your situation, it is better to reapply for the new Reserve card since you would get a 50,000 bonus after 4K spend. It was 100k a year ago but no longer. Either a banker or anyone on your relationship team should be able to help you complete the application. It is not subject to 5/24. (United is which is why I asked for reopen).

United Club is a benefit of the Reserve. After opening the account call the number on the back and give them your MileagePlus number. I did see a printout detailing United Club and PP Select somewhere at the San Francisco branch.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by cce5858
JP Morgan reopened my United Explorer card back in May, it was closed for 9 months, if that is any valid data point. Like you, it was visible on both my JP Morgan Online profile for the whole time it was closed, as well as my Chase business login profile. I was able to reopen it because I left $2000 credit limit when I transferred access line to another account. Representative did mention if I closed it with $0 access line, it would not be able to be reopened.
Kind of hard to reopen a card, Palladium, that no longer exists...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.