Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by popcornpop
Does anyone know if the UC is still included in the JPMR?...
Yes, that was the question discussed in the post which you quoted. What did your PB say about this benefit?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:22 pm

Does anyone know if the UC is still included in the JPMR? My PB just informed me it's 60k points now after 4k spend. But still no official note (even in fine print anywhere) about the UC membership. My husband has his (but he was also Palladium before this), how would I go about getting the UC once I get my JPMR? I don't really want to apply for another CC (since I have the CSR), unless I really do get this UC perk. Thank you!
Call up and ask for the membership to be issued it takes around 2 weeks.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
There is no official mention of the UC membership benefit with JPMR because Chase officially advertises the United Club Visa as the only credit card that provides this benefit. Therefore, it is provided to JPMR card members "off the record".
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
thanks for the response! I am also with the SF team (hello!).. the 100k points was offered earlier when they were getting folks to move from the palladium I think. my husband got that offer squared away... i just sat on it forever and inquired a few months back and apparently the bonus points has dropped to 60k (blah).

What bergdorf card?? obviously, i'm intrigued....
Oh hello! I never had the Palladium. The 100k offer I got was last year applying for the new card. United Club benefit is offered. I think the banker has a flyer that even says United Club Membership, Priority Pass Select, and that they would even pay for you to access United Clubs 2 times a year if you forgot your card, haven't received your card etc. You don't need to go in the bank, as he called in to the card services to get it for me, which you can do by calling the back of the card after you receive it.

Apparently Dlesin and MDjennings both got the $750 gift card? I asked about it and he casually said that they don't do that? Embarassing oops. Oh and I have been getting all my annual fees reimbursed for the past 2 years, from IHG to Reserve (I have every JPMChase personal card; time to cancel United Club Card and Chase Reserve), and my banker told me that after next year, they would not be able to do this any further, in order to provide better services for their clients *roll eyes*...I hope he forgets...
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:16 pm

For everyone who was wondering, official confirmation from my pbanker:

"Yes – the United Club lounge access is included with the Private Bank Reserve card. You simply need to call card services once you have the card and request access (you will need a United Miles number to gain access)."
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858
Oh hello! I never had the Palladium. The 100k offer I got was last year applying for the new card. United Club benefit is offered. I think the banker has a flyer that even says United Club Membership, Priority Pass Select, and that they would even pay for you to access United Clubs 2 times a year if you forgot your card, haven't received your card etc. You don't need to go in the bank, as he called in to the card services to get it for me, which you can do by calling the back of the card after you receive it.

Apparently Dlesin and MDjennings both got the $750 gift card? I asked about it and he casually said that they don't do that? Embarassing oops. Oh and I have been getting all my annual fees reimbursed for the past 2 years, from IHG to Reserve (I have every JPMChase personal card; time to cancel United Club Card and Chase Reserve), and my banker told me that after next year, they would not be able to do this any further, in order to provide better services for their clients *roll eyes*...I hope he forgets...
Throw some more cash in and let it sit for a month or two and then pull it out and I'm sure they'll conveniently forget to stop your fee waivers As for gifts some I get come directly from the bank subsidized naturally by what they make off me and some come from my guys personally out of their income again indirectly from me. Im sure there's a team of people doing the math on how much of a gift each person gets relative to what's made off them.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
UC Auto-renews

My JPMR "New Year" just started, and I was pleasantly surprised to look at my UA account, and see that the JPMR's UC membership automatically renewed for 2018. Nice not having to call about it.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
It has gotten pretty quite about this card. I am still very happy with the card and its perks. I wish for a higher membership fee for so that services can be closer to the Centurion card. Concierge is the biggest factor to me.... Happy holidays to everyone.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by hawata
It has gotten pretty quite about this card. I am still very happy with the card and its perks. I wish for a higher membership fee for so that services can be closer to the Centurion card. Concierge is the biggest factor to me.... Happy holidays to everyone.
IIRC, you mentioned in an earlier post that you wouldn't mind spending $3K a year for JPMR membership. Have you considered just hiring a fee-for-service concierge? I'm sure that the extra $2550 could get you some good service, however some concierges consider that a monthly fee.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberta.../#1511b41f369c

A more modest annual fee of $1500 to $4000 can get you services as described in this article:

"A staffed life will cost you. Quintessentially and Personal Concierge International both charge annual fees—the former costs from $1,500 for a basic membership up to an invitation-only $3,500-a-month elite hand-holding service; the latter will set you back $4,000 a year."

Rise of the Personal Concierge | Travel + Leisure
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:02 pm

Frankly, I could skip the concierge as long as they'd give JMPR cardholders 2cpp redemptions a la Centurions' 50% rebate.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by hawata
I think the issue is that there should be so few of these issued now (besides the grandfathered guys who aren't PB clients) that increasing the fee won't do too much. Even if there are 1,000 PB clients that hold this card, that would only really be a $2.5M increase in fees. Also, most of the PB clients are getting the fees for this card (and all other Chase cards) reimbursed.

I agree with 747 that at this point it would b better to just take that saved $3,000 and dole out requests to a paid concierge service.

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Frankly, I could skip the concierge as long as they'd give JMPR cardholders 2cpp redemptions a la Centurions' 50% rebate.
That would work too or maybe even make the base earning of this be 1.5 points per dollar spent to match the Freedom Unlimited. It would be one less card to carry around if you preferred UR points over everything else.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:06 pm

Telephone Hold Time

First time I've experienced this: When I called into speak to a Chase JPMR phone agent, the wait time was 12 min before I hung up. Called Amex and spoke to someone immediately. Called back to Chase about 15 minutes later and waited about 3 minutes before an agent picked up the phone.

The reason I called is that for some reason the secure message facility was not working. Of course, after speaking to an agent, it worked!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
That is strange. They have always been pretty immediate when I've called.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
I just found out we can now get a digital Priority Pass card as well. Even though my existing card is registered, I was told I need to go to the following website and register with a new username and the existing card. It worked, and I was able to see it in iOS and add it to my Apple Wallet. The digits card number is different from the printed card number, but they are linked.

http://prioritypass.com/jpmdmc

It is also worth noting:“Some lounges do not currently support lounge access using Digital Membership Cards. For eligible lounges, please check the lounge 'Facilities' section on our website.“
mrcool1122 likes this.

Last edited by schalliol; Feb 27, 2018 at 8:16 am
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I noticed that other Chase cards are losing price protection, reimbursement benefits and reduced trip interruption insurance. I haven’t received anything regarding changes to the JPMR benefits, so I wonder if this will further differentiate the card going forward...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.