Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:16 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by cce5858
Why are you still holding onto the CSR? I cancelled that after the 100k, and my banker stopped giving me annual fee credits after the second year. I also applied for a second JPMR 50k in 2017, this one with a much higher credit limit than the 80k on my first one. I noticed that it greatly increased my EXP Fico to near 840, since with the 2 trade lines not showing my utilization is basically zero every month. Its silly how I cannot get approved for a United Explorer card but can for the JPMR. And one thing I noticed is that unlike Amex, where all my cards have a Member Since 2013 regardless of when I got them, one of my Reserve cards shows 2016 and one is 2017, not sure if this is a glitch. And regarding Priority Pass, I only have one for both Reserve cards, did you get two?
Those are so minor and I do not think many people would care. Not much difference between FICO 800 vs 840. As to the "member since", no meaning at all. For priority pass, I get 5 from my premium cards. But I only need one.....
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
How did you get lifetime UC membership?
Purchased Eastern Airlines Ionosphere lifetime membership became Continental Presidents Club became United Club.
747FC and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by comptalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia It could be. I have a lifetime United Club membership that I have used once in this century.

Different strokes for different folks

+1. As a 1K based at SFO I use the UC about 10x more than PP lounges. For me it is probably the single biggest benefit of the card beyond earning Chase UR points (and there are many other cards that offer that feature). I am sure we all wish we had foresight to invest in lifetime Admirals & CO/EA lounge memberships, but it simply wasn't an option for a starving grad student without heavy travel.

Why are you still holding onto the CSR? I cancelled that after the 100k, and my banker stopped giving me annual fee credits after the second year.
+1. I ditched CSR after the first year, it offers zero benefit beyond JPM-R. As I'm now under 5/24, will be looking at other Chase cards soon including Chase Freedom - probably should have obtained it years ago as it earns 1.5 UR per $1 on everyday spend, ironically better than JPM-R.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo

+1. As a 1K based at SFO I use the UC about 10x more than PP lounges. For me it is probably the single biggest benefit of the card beyond earning Chase UR points (and there are many other cards that offer that feature). I am sure we all wish we had foresight to invest in lifetime Admirals & CO/EA lounge memberships, but it simply wasn't an option for a starving grad student without heavy travel.

+1. I ditched CSR after the first year, it offers zero benefit beyond JPM-R. As I'm now under 5/24, will be looking at other Chase cards soon including Chase Freedom - probably should have obtained it years ago as it earns 1.5 UR per $1 on everyday spend, ironically better than JPM-R.
You could have downgraded the CSR to the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:07 am

... Which is exactly what I plan to do with my CSR...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
+1. As a 1K based at SFO I use the UC ... Chase Freedom - probably should have obtained it years ago as it earns 1.5 UR per $1 on everyday spend,....
My situation is the opposite. No Presidents Club or United Club in Miami. Very small CO or UA presence in Miami after the EA bankruptcy, when AA established itself as the dominant carrier.

The card you are describing is Freedom Unlimited, which is distinct from the original Freedom.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:23 pm

Does JPR affect by chase 524 rule? Also if I already have CSR can I still get approve?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Herbzzz
Does JPR affect by chase 524 rule? Also if I already have CSR can I still get approve?
No. You just need 10 million dollars in investible assets I am told.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Herbzzz

It is not. I had no problem getting a second account, but I have not been able to get the United Explorer card for 2 years and it's infuriating.

Originally Posted by comptalk
No. You just need 10 million dollars in investible assets I am told.
JP Morgan requires $5M. One of my friends who is an attorney and has only $7M invested across her JPM portfolio. Not sure why TPG keeps throwing around this $10M number. Of course the majority of clients have well over that amount, but it isn't the minimum.

Last edited by cce5858; Oct 22, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:57 pm

It is not. I had no problem getting a second account, but I have not been able to get the United Explorer card for 2 years and it's infuriating.

JP Morgan requires $5M. One of my friends who is an attorney and has only $7M invested across her JPM portfolio. Not sure why TPG keeps throwing around this $10M number. Of course the majority of clients have well over that amount, but it isn't the minimum.
Because it is the truth.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:04 am

JP Morgan requires $5M.
I was told $10M was needed in 2016 and 2017. Has it changed?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I was told $10M was needed in 2016 and 2017. Has it changed?
You are correct. The requirements changed in 2016: https://www.theguardian.com/money/us...lth-management
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:27 am

I tried the security message here is the reply. It said to reach out to reach out to the branch for Chase Private Client. But I guess the CPC banker cannot get the application, they can only refer you to the private bank side.

There are no direct online links to apply for the
J.P. Morgan Reserve card like the other Chase credit
cards. J.P. Morgan Reserve card is reserved for clients of
J.P. Morgan Private Bank. Please contact your Private
banker at the branch to determine if you qualify for the
card. If you do not have a Private banker, please reach
out to the branch for more information about Chase Private
Client Services.

We value your business and thank you for being a Chase
customer.

Thank you,

Chase Email Servicing
1-800-436-7927
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Called in to inquire about a charge, and the agent answered with something like "Welcome to Chase...how may I help you?" I was a bit surprised, because I'm used to hearing something like "This is the JP Morgan executive line...how can I help you?" Not sure whether there is a change of how these calls are being processed, or whether the JP Morgan folks were too busy, so my call get routed over to another group.

In any event, once I gave the agent my last four digits, she said "Thank you for being a Private Bank customer." LOL.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 747FC
Called in to inquire about a charge, and the agent answered with something like "Welcome to Chase...how may I help you?" I was a bit surprised, because I'm used to hearing something like "This is the JP Morgan executive line...how can I help you?" Not sure whether there is a change of how these calls are being processed, or whether the JP Morgan folks were too busy, so my call get routed over to another group.

In any event, once I gave the agent my last four digits, she said "Thank you for being a Private Bank customer." LOL.
Maybe it’s like United’s 1K Line that really isn’t a line at all and they change how they answer according to the account level calling in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.