Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (Shopping/bonus incentives for various Cards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 12, 19, 1:04 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Zorak
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 14, 17, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

First I heard of Chase Offer I saw on: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....371.1488278343

Its pretty much similar to amex offers but with your Chase Marriott. I can't find any info about this but I like it since I recently got my Chase Marriott card. I would actually use some of the offers.
MDtR-Chicago and Diplomatico like this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 6:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
And Chase's slash and burn pursuit of AMEX continues.....
Old Nov 14, 17, 8:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Chase Offers appears to be available on the business version of the Marriott Rewards card as well. I was able to create an account and add offers to my business card.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Signed up for the Whole Foods and Nordstrom offers. They're pretty generous.
Old Nov 16, 17, 5:51 pm

Some datapoints:
Bought Nordstrom gift cards online. It shows pending on my statement as CS *NORDSTROM GIFT CAR and I did not get an email confirmation about using my offer.
Bought Amazon gift cards in-store at Staples. Immediately got an email saying the credit would post in 3-10 days. Will report back.

Edit: No statement credit yet, but I got this email from Chase:

Last edited by penner42; Nov 17, 17 at 7:51 am
Old Jan 12, 18, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Chase Marriott Rewards

I've added Starbucks 10% back (usual restrictions against supermarket, airport, etc. locations), as well as $10 back on a single $40 Etsy purchase. There's an item I want there for $15 + $5 shipping, so will look for another as well. Unfortunately, no PayPal transactions, which code as ... well ... PayPal instead. I'm hoping that shipping and tax qualify, so that's it's $40 net final charge, as with Amex and B of A schemes.

Also added Whole Foods $10 back on a single $25 minimum transaction.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jan 12, 18 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 12, 18, 2:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
And Chase's slash and burn pursuit of AMEX continues.....
They have been pretty darned successful at it
Old Jan 16, 18, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Looks like you can add multiple cards to a single account - can you redeem an offer on both, or do you have to put them on separate accounts?

Also - any idea what the procedure is when a statement credit doesn't post?
Old Jan 18, 18, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
At present, I'm finding that Chase offers are more relevant to me than Amex sync ones. Also, I like that Chase sends a confirming email when the credit is actually applied, not just triggered.
Old Jan 18, 18, 3:06 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
At present, I'm finding that Chase offers are more relevant to me than Amex sync ones. Also, I like that Chase sends a confirming email when the credit is actually applied, not just triggered.
Me too. Hoping this expands beyond Marriott card here at some point soon
Old Feb 15, 18, 10:46 am

Any data points on Whole Foods being in one purchase or over time?
Old Feb 17, 18, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Any data points on Whole Foods being in one purchase or over time?
Which exact Whole Foods offer?

At Amex (where they've been offered for a long time), some have been one purchase and others have been cumulative purchases. You always need to read the T&Cs, and then if you're still not sure, post the T&Cs here for us to evaluate.

And not necessarily does everyone have the same offers.

The one that Points Scrounger mentioned a few posts above:

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Also added Whole Foods $10 back on a single $25 minimum transaction.
that's clearly on a single transaction. (I just waited until they had a sale on non-perishable and/or frozen stuff I wanted to stock up on so that I could do a single purchase. But I used up mine a couple months ago, so I'm not sure if the one I used is the one you would see currently.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 17, 18 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 18, 18, 9:33 am

Yeah - I saw that, the terms on mine are a little ambiguous, but I've actually spent two transcations separates over $25 in the last week, with nothing, so I'm just going to get some stuff like you said non-perishables on sale, to get it:

$10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
Limit 1 per activation/account. See full terms.
Terms and Conditions
Must use registered Chase Marriott Visa card. Valid for in-store or online purchase of $25 or more. Not valid on gift card purchases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Limit 1 $10 statement credit redemption per activation/account.

Separately, whats the notification system like on these? Instant/near instant email like Amex or delayed or just a credit shows up whenever?

Last edited by mia; Feb 18, 18 at 10:56 am
Old Feb 18, 18, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Yeah - I saw that, the terms on mine are a little ambiguous, but I've actually spent two transcations separates over $25 in the last week, with nothing, so I'm just going to get some stuff like you said non-perishables on sale, to get it:

$10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
Limit 1 per activation/account. See full terms.
Terms and Conditions
Must use registered Chase Marriott Visa card. Valid for in-store or online purchase of $25 or more. Not valid on gift card purchases. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa. Limit 1 $10 statement credit redemption per activation/account.
Read that carefully. It says "purchase" (singular) in both places. That is the big clue that it has to be one purchase.

To me, because I look at the grammar carefully, I see nothing ambiguous about your T&Cs.

When an offer allows accumulated spend, it'll say something "$10 back on purchases of $25 or more" (plural "purchases"), or maybe even "$10 back on $25 or more in total purchases".

If you don't look at the grammar carefully, you run the danger of misinterpreting promos. The details are often spelled out only in the grammar!
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 19, 18, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Does not seem to work on Ritz Carlton cards. (Before there are any snarky remarks, Ritz Carlton is part of Marriott.)

Search this Thread