FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:31 pm
FleyeSkyHigh

Posting this question in this thread since presumably there are a number of JPM private bank clients here and I could't find a better thread. As many may know, Chase has recently and significantly expanded the 5/24 rule to most of their cards now (I expect since the JPMR is invite only that 5/24 still does not apply, but am kind of curious if anyone knows). But my question is with regards to recent applications by JPM PB clients for other cards. I am always way over 5/24 and have tried and failed in the past year or so for the United and Southwest cards (applied online) even as a PB client. More recently the new World of Hyatt card has been subjected to 5/24. On a whim I was at a branch the other day where I happen to know one of the CPC bankers (and despite being a JPM PB client) she knows I am in the card game and mentioned the relatively new World of Hyatt card. She also happens to handle one of my business accounts hence she is able to access my Chase profile. I played dumb and said wow that sounds great, can I apply? She did an in branch app and it surprisingly was approved (and I am at least 20/24 right now). I was shocked as she didn't mention anything about a pre-approval. I wonder if the newly subjected 5/24 cards (Hyatt, IHG, ect) and still open to PB clients or if it was just a fluke. She did the application on the screen but then I did have to sign a printed copy so maybe it was submitted through back-end paper channels (like the Chase INK business card loop hole) but we did get a near instant decision after I had to speak to an analyst about my income.