Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MrMosby
So has anyone figured out if this or the CSR is better?
I think they are more of compliments than substitutes. But YMMV.

Keep Ritz for gold status (> net $95 annual fee in value with the status), and I somewhat value the concierge and $100 airfare discount.

Keep CSR for 3x points on travel and dining, my two biggest spending categories.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:57 am

The only thing I struggle with is Marriott Gold has never really gotten me anything. And the $10K annual spend to keep Gold is about a $140 worth of points lost by not getting UR points. So depending what you value Gold at I guess...

I believe on Ritz you also get the Visa Air Credit and don't on CSR? Is there any other things?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:57 am

So has anyone figured out if this or the CSR is better?
both

Ritz is better if you care only about Ritz points (dont care about other partners), and has unlimited $100 travel credit per flight via visa infinite

CSR has better transfer partners and better earning rates, $300 annual travel credit works on any travel (ritz only reimburses airline secondary fees)

it's effectively only $150/year AF for both cards. get both

same thing... citi prestige has effective $200 AF, but gives you unlimited 4th night reimbursement(average, pretax) on some hotels thru their portal

if you travel enough to trigger the unlimited ritz/citi benefits, get it
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:00 am

The only thing I struggle with is Marriott Gold has never really gotten me anything. And the $10K annual spend to keep Gold is about a $140 worth of points lost by not getting UR points. So depending what you value Gold at I guess...

I believe on Ritz you also get the Visa Air Credit and don't on CSR? Is there any other things?
I usually try to stay at FS marriotts which nets me either concierge lounge access or free breakfast, I've also gotten some nice suite upgrades.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage
both

Ritz is better if you care only about Ritz points (dont care about other partners), and has unlimited $100 travel credit per flight via visa infinite

CSR has better transfer partners and better earning rates, $300 annual travel credit works on any travel (ritz only reimburses airline secondary fees)

it's effectively only $150/year AF for both cards. get both

same thing... citi prestige has effective $200 AF, but gives you unlimited 4th night reimbursement(average, pretax) on some hotels thru their portal

if you travel enough to trigger the unlimited ritz/citi benefits, get it
Aren't the biggest benefit from Ritz 3 club level upgrade? And unlimited free AU with PPS?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:06 am

So let me ask a different way - if I have a CSP, Ritz, and an Amex Plat - would you still convert the CSP to a CSR if you're 5/24 and already have the other two :-). Most my airfare if booked through my corporate travel portal as well :-(
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:15 am

So let me ask a different way - if I have a CSP, Ritz, and an Amex Plat - would you still convert the CSP to a CSR if you're 5/24 and already have the other two :-). Most my airfare if booked through my corporate travel portal as well :-(
I have Ritz, Plat, and CSR. It works for me.

I use FHR a few times a year along with the SkyClub, which pays for the Plat. And I've outlined how the CSR and Ritz work for me too. It seems like you might be best with just the CSP, unless you charge a lot in travel and dining.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:15 am

I wouldn't convert the CSP to a CSR. You forego the 100k bonus and it seems like you wouldn't spend enough on the CSR to offset the additional $55 annual fee.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by luoxiao
Aren't the biggest benefit from Ritz 3 club level upgrade? And unlimited free AU with PPS?
well, if someone is asking Ritz vs CSR, they're probably looking for generic benefits (points/$, what generic travel benefits), not ritz-upgrades (if they wanted ritz-upgrades, they would definitely want the ritz card)

but yeah, you're right.... ritz upgrades and free AU+PPS works too
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:18 pm

I was approved for the Infinite version on Sunday (ugh around the same time the Reserve was going nuts). How long will it take for me to receive the card on average? I sent a SM on Monday to expedite the card but they said it's in verification. I called on late night Tuesday (the number on the back of my CSP) to expedite and she said no problem and she put the request through.

More datapoints:
Not a Marriott/Ritz member
I'm a horribly impatient person (if you can't tell lol)

Last edited by xiph0s; Aug 26, 2016 at 1:25 pm
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:14 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by xiph0s
I was approved for the Infinite version on Sunday (ugh around the same time the Reserve was going nuts). How long will it take for me to receive the card on average? I sent a SM on Monday to expedite the card but they said it's in verification. I called on late night Tuesday (the number on the back of my CSP) to expedite and she said no problem and she put the request through.

More datapoints:
Not a Marriott/Ritz member
I'm a horribly impatient person (if you can't tell lol)
I don't know how long it usually takes, but I'm very annoyed not to have mine yet. I'm not normally an impatient person, but I leave tomorrow on vacation, and specifically tried to have my card in time to take it with me to use for the trip. I applied and was approved Monday, messaged for expedited shipping, and was told it had been sent priority and I would get it within 1 to 2 business days. So, that should have been by Wednesday at the latest. Here it is Friday night, and still no card. I leave in the morning, so it looks like I just won't have it. Big fail from Chase, and a negative starting tone for me on my relationship with this card.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I don't know how long it usually takes, but I'm very annoyed not to have mine yet. I'm not normally an impatient person, but I leave tomorrow on vacation, and specifically tried to have my card in time to take it with me to use for the trip. I applied and was approved Monday, messaged for expedited shipping, and was told it had been sent priority and I would get it within 1 to 2 business days. So, that should have been by Wednesday at the latest. Here it is Friday night, and still no card. I leave in the morning, so it looks like I just won't have it. Big fail from Chase, and a negative starting tone for me on my relationship with this card.
Ugh looks like we are in the same boat. I guess theres still hope for tomorrow UPS next day delivers on Saturday.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by xiph0s
Ugh looks like we are in the same boat. I guess theres still hope for tomorrow UPS next day delivers on Saturday.
The UPS service that Chase uses (Next Day Air Saver) does not deliver on weekends. Only weekdays/business days.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
The UPS service that Chase uses (Next Day Air Saver) does not deliver on weekends. Only weekdays/business days.
Yikes :/
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Troopers
I wouldn't convert the CSP to a CSR. You forego the 100k bonus and it seems like you wouldn't spend enough on the CSR to offset the additional $55 annual fee.
If one is over 5/24, the foregoing of the CSR bonus by converting is irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.