Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
has anyone recently brought in any guest to a lounge with their priority pass card and were they charged?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
has anyone recently brought in any guest to a lounge with their priority pass card and were they charged?
See post #312
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by bmms8
I am new to this card but had my CL lowered to 1500. What happens year 2 and after?
I didn't get charged the annual fee for the 2nd year. Let's see what the next anniversary brings.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:31 am

contacted chase about upgrading my VS to VI....denied again. They don't have a timeline on when it will happen.

sigh.

fyi, I applied for VS after VI link was up. I just can't wait for them to convert me.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
I didn't get charged the annual fee for the 2nd year. Let's see what the next anniversary brings.
That's awesome! All you did was keep the 1500 cl?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by bmms8
That's awesome! All you did was keep the 1500 cl?
Around renewal I had to up it to 2k for a few days and then reduced it again. But (if memory serves) I was not alone with not being charged AF for the 2nd year
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by runb4fun
contacted chase about upgrading my VS to VI....denied again. They don't have a timeline on when it will happen.

sigh.

fyi, I applied for VS after VI link was up. I just can't wait for them to convert me.
same based on the reply i got from marketing i think it may be changed on the anniversary unfortunately...the jpm exec line is utterly useless

why is it so difficult for the project manager to have a timeline typed up and distributed to the cs agents??
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Delete

Last edited by cce5858; Oct 9, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by Troopers
DP: used the Priority Pass plus 2 guests last wknd. Haven't been charged guests fee.
So still no posting of guest fees?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cce5858
Does anyone know if lowering credit limit of Sapphire Reserve to 1500 will refund AF just like the RC card?
Not sure that's possible. I understood that $10k was the minimum.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by roundtree
Not sure that's possible. I understood that $10k was the minimum.
As I understand that 10k is the minimum CL to open the account. Not sure what the Ritz min CL is .... Maybe the same. But you could change it afterwards to a lower CL.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:21 am

has anyone used this card at the ritz london? Are there any benefits that it helps with like room upgrades or free breakfast?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by jstbrwsing
has anyone used this card at the ritz london? Are there any benefits that it helps with like room upgrades or free breakfast?
Why should be any benefits above the Gold status (which means nothing btw) that comes with the card?

I really don't understand why people have expectations that are not in the stated benefits of the card / status.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:43 am

I recently purchased a southwest gift card for $150. I called in to request the annual credit reimbursement for this purchase. Chase reps can now see that this purchase is a for a gift card. I said it was for early bird checkin fees. She said, sir i can see that it is coded as a gift card. hung up called back for good measure. Same scenario.

So seems SW gift cards are no longer an option. Does anyone know if food charged to the card from inside an airport lounge qualifies?

Last edited by longleaf; Sep 10, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Why should be any benefits above the Gold status (which means nothing btw) that comes with the card?

I really don't understand why people have expectations that are not in the stated benefits of the card / status.
its confusing from the ritz website if gold members get any benefits at the ritz london as they do not really participate in the program but are listed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.