Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Last week, I upgraded my 2017-Feb trip to Asia with 30k miles and $600 co-payment. I called Ritz about $300 credit, they seemed to be OK with $300 credit on this.

I also asked them to lower my Credit line on this card from $32000 to $1500. They also OKed.

I don't know how it will work out beyond this point.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I saw that the cash portion of cash and point upgrade was covered.

Anyone do a buy-up to first class (all cash) and get that covered?

Anyone try to and get denied?

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:34 am

Since secure message didn't seem to work, I call them to get the $100 global entry reimbursement. They told me now that the card is VISA infinite, it will be reimbursed automatically and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to show up. This is strange because my wife's CSR is also VISA infinite and the -$100 credit shows pretty much the next day. I has been 2 weeks and still nothing. Have to keep an eye on it to see if it actually shows up.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
A couple of quick data points for people wanting to know how the card functions long-term:
1) I decreased the credit limit in the past. I had the $395 annual fee just post Oh well, still worth keeping.

2) Even though the AF just posted, and I did *not* make the 75K spend last year (only 10K), I still have platinum status with Marriott. I'll update if/when I get downgraded to gold, but for now that's a huge perk (since that includes Silver with United, platinum with SPG, and pseudo-status with Delta).
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:34 pm

I am new to this but can someone please tell me what gift card I can buy to use the $300 airline credit?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Since secure message didn't seem to work, I call them to get the $100 global entry reimbursement. They told me now that the card is VISA infinite, it will be reimbursed automatically and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to show up. This is strange because my wife's CSR is also VISA infinite and the -$100 credit shows pretty much the next day. I has been 2 weeks and still nothing. Have to keep an eye on it to see if it actually shows up.
Same here. Been waiting 6 weeks for the GE credit to post. Over SM, they even refused to expedite the posting manually.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
An update for a DATA point:
$300 credit posted and $395 AF refunded.

Last week, I upgraded my 2017-Feb trip to Asia with 30k miles and $600 co-payment. I called Ritz about $300 credit, they seemed to be OK with $300 credit on this.

I also asked them to lower my Credit line on this card from $32000 to $1500. They also OKed.

I don't know how it will work out beyond this point.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:26 am

I love this new $100 off air benefit, I've already saved $600 in the last month using it. I've used it several times in connection with the jetBlue flash sales when they had $19 flights, where since the total cost is less than the $100 credit the flights end up being free.

Right now they have flights for $39 from SMF-LGB which means after the credit I've been able to book some day trips to Long Beach for $54 roundtrip this fall and winter. This may be the most useful credit card benefit I have.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ylord789
An update for a DATA point:
$300 credit posted and $395 AF refunded.
How did you get AF refunded?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:43 pm

Does lowering the credit limit converts the card back to Visa Signature from Visa Infinite? I applied for the card using the old Visa Signature link, I transferred credit over, and it has since been upgraded to a Visa Infinite.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I love this new $100 off air benefit, I've already saved $600 in the last month using it. I've used it several times in connection with the jetBlue flash sales when they had $19 flights, where since the total cost is less than the $100 credit the flights end up being free.

Right now they have flights for $39 from SMF-LGB which means after the credit I've been able to book some day trips to Long Beach for $54 roundtrip this fall and winter. This may be the most useful credit card benefit I have.
Same here! I ve used it to go with my wife from mia-mco for $40 in AA! Also mia-atl and mia-jfk all around $40, since I am EXP I clear to business most of the times. This benefit is really awesome, almost as good as the citi 4th night free. The best thing is that you get the miles for the full fare and not the discounted price, and you can request a receipt with the full price on AA for you know... business expenses.^
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:41 pm

How have users experiences been with getting popular properties with open dates with this card? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
How did you get AF refunded?
By lowering my Credit line on this card from $32000 to $1500.

Originally Posted by BioRad
Does lowering the credit limit converts the card back to Visa Signature from Visa Infinite? I applied for the card using the old Visa Signature link, I transferred credit over, and it has since been upgraded to a Visa Infinite.
I was never upgraded. I don't know when they will upgrade me to infinite.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:50 pm

Hi! Newbie here! I've read a number of the messages here but not all the upstream messages. Has anyone had any luck buying airline gift cards (say $50 increments) with this card and getting reimbursed by calling them? Or is there a way to upgrade an award travel with $ using this card. If so, any tips?
thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by munchers
Hi! Newbie here! I've read a number of the messages here but not all the upstream messages. Has anyone had any luck buying airline gift cards (say $50 increments) with this card and getting reimbursed by calling them? Or is there a way to upgrade an award travel with $ using this card. If so, any tips?
thanks!

I think you're better off buying smaller value gift cards, $25 or under.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.