Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by United747
It's on the back of the card. Otherwise, you can call the regular executive line and they'll transfer you.
I called. They answered faster however it was the same wait 48h for dinning reservations....
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:43 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I called. They answered faster however it was the same wait 48h for dinning reservations....
That's so odd! I've contacted them and they get back in just a few hours.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:25 pm

Ritz card $100 credit for TSA Pre instead of Global Entry?

Does anyone know if the Ritz credit card's $100 Global Entry fee credit will work if i pay for TSA Pre instead? (This is for my brother who doesn't want to do Global Entry, only TSA pre).

This is separate from the $300 annual travel credit which he has already used up this year.

It's the Ritz Visa Infinite version of the card if that matters.

The actual terms suggest it is Global Entry only, and not applicable to the TSA Pre fee...

Global Entry Application Fee Statement Credit *

Apply for Global Entry, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program, using your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card to pay your application fee (currently $100) and receive a $100 statement credit. If approved, you will also be eligible to receive TSA Pre ✓® privileges at no additional cost.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
It appears the free nights can't be booked online? You mean I have to call a Tokyo phone number just to check availability?

Are reservations made with a certificate moveable and/or refundable?
The Tokyo Ritz is a Tier 5 RC. Does that qualify for the free nights?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
That's so odd! I've contacted them and they get back in just a few hours.
I found them much better than Amex conceige for reservations.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by txpenny
The Tokyo Ritz is a Tier 5 RC. Does that qualify for the free nights?
Actually my plan was Kyoto. Looks like Ritz upgraded from Tier 4 -> 5 a couple months ago

Dunno where I'll spend them now. Maybe Barcelona?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
It still works in year one. If you reduce line to $1,500 before the AF would hit on the 1st of the month, then you won't see an AF. If you reduce after it posts but before the end of year one, it will auto refund within a week, usually sooner.

There are a few DP's of it working for year two but we haven't seen a clear pattern, so it's unwise to count on that.
Thanks. AF was refunded two days after lowering CL below 1,800 (for infinite card with 450 fee).
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Actually my plan was Kyoto. Looks like Ritz upgraded from Tier 4 -> 5 a couple months ago

Dunno where I'll spend them now. Maybe Barcelona?
The Osaka Ritz is very nice, and a Tier 3 property only 25 minutes from Kyoto by JRail.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:34 pm

so for the Club level upgrades, is it the same price as the discount member rate or regular member rate or is it a more expensive rate to be eligible to use the certs?
Im aware that non-refundable rates and group/corp rates dont qualify. Just wondering if I should get the RC card ahead of a RC stay that im planning.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
so for the Club level upgrades, is it the same price as the discount member rate or regular member rate or is it a more expensive rate to be eligible to use the certs?
Im aware that non-refundable rates and group/corp rates dont qualify. Just wondering if I should get the RC card ahead of a RC stay that im planning.
The club upgrade rate is z38 - not searchable online, however, z34 is often the same as the club upgrade rate - so has its own price point, which can be higher or lower than a standard rate.

On a random search - Amelia Island Dec 1-2
MR rate - Coastal King $293
Club coastal King $499

Club upgrade rate of $293.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
Originally Posted by longleaf
Does anyone know if the Ritz credit card's $100 Global Entry fee credit will work if i pay for TSA Pre instead?
Don't know the exact answer but for what its worth when i applied for global entry, it showed up on my bill as US Trusted Traveler. I suspect that a TSA Pre-Check fee would have the same billing description for the same amount so i would suspect it would be automatically refunded.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DrGiggles
Don't know the exact answer but for what its worth when i applied for global entry, it showed up on my bill as US Trusted Traveler. I suspect that a TSA Pre-Check fee would have the same billing description for the same amount so i would suspect it would be automatically refunded.
It's not the same amount though. TSA Pre is $85 and GE is $100. So if Chase goes by amount you might be SOL.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
It's not the same amount though. TSA Pre is $85 and GE is $100. So if Chase goes by amount you might be SOL.
Good point. did not realize it was a different amount.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Pro tip for those considering applying: make sure your MR/RCR profile address is set to the same as your credit card application address. I use a PO Box for most of my mail but have learned that using that for CC apps either won't work at all (some companies won't allow it) or results in delays where you have to call in to prove identity. So, I gave up the fight and use my home address for all cards. The challenge with this, however, is that I was assigned a new RCR member number because of the address mismatch. Even though Chase has both of my addresses on file, the hiccup happens on the MR/RCR side. I successfully got the RCR accounts merged (original member number is thankfully retained) but there is a delay of several days getting the upgrade certificates and other info to my old account. That's not at all an issue for me as I'm not planning immediate travel. However, I wish they didn't have to send out a new CC. The good news is that my actual CC number doesn't change, though the CVV2 will.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:08 pm

just as a datapoint: i have successfully gotten reimbursed for total of $600 in american airlines e-gift cards for both $75 and $100 amounts via secure message on my and my wife's accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.