Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dwb8p
just as a datapoint: i have successfully gotten reimbursed for total of $600 in american airlines e-gift cards for both $75 and $100 amounts via secure message on my and my wife's accounts.
Welcome to FT! Thank you for your datapoint! thats awesome!^
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
just as a datapoint: i have successfully gotten reimbursed for total of $600 in american airlines e-gift cards for both $75 and $100 amounts via secure message on my and my wife's accounts.
Amazing! I'd read that the AA GC description made the item being purchased very obvious and therefore were always disallowed. Do you recall how the charges appeared on your statement?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
Amazing! I'd read that the AA GC description made the item being purchased very obvious and therefore were always disallowed. Do you recall how the charges appeared on your statement?
AMERICAN AIR0010640XXXXXX $100.00
FORT WORTH, TX 752610000 US
Online, Mail, or Telephone transaction
Rewards earned1
+ 2X Pts on airline tkts, car rntls, rstrnts 200.00
Total rewards 200.00 Points

the X's above are a unique number specific to the transaction. in my request via secure message, i claimed these were baggage fees. no questions asked. travel credit appeared within 24 hours.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Beware that the Global Entry credit takes a very very long time to post. It takes 60 days to appear, and when it shows up it is backdated to appear crediting by 8 weeks (56 days).
It looks like Chase has significantly sped up the GE credit. No more 8 weeks wait. One of my family members has their global entry credit posted the next day!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Rewards earned1

the X's above are a unique number specific to the transaction. in my request via secure message, i claimed these were baggage fees. no questions asked. travel credit appeared within 24 hours.
+1 thanks for datapoint

this is very encouraging. hassles of redeeming the $300 credit was keeping me from getting this cc.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Rewards earned1

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:39 am

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to see what the infinite wisdom is these days to avoid the annual fee on the current Ritz Carlton Rewards Card... I have read the entire thread but just want to see if any one has recent experience. Here's my situation:

Recently applied and was approved for the JPM RC Rewards Card and received it last week (current A/F at $450 and bonus if 3 free nights at Ritz Cat1-4). Was approved at a $10,0000 credit line. I have already charged around $5,500 on the card. So now my goal is to reduce the credit line to $1,500 and thereby get the annual fee waived. So here are my questions:

1. Is getting the annual fee waived for new card holders (at the $450 A/F level) still an option?

2. Can I move $8,500 of my RC card credit line to another JPM or Chase credit card (thereby reducing the Ritz card line to $1,500)?

3. Is it best to call JPM Ritz Credit Card Service (ie number on the back of the card) to make this credit line request or is it best to use some other number or method of communication?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Hello Everyone, Just wanted to see what the infinite wisdom is these days to avoid the annual fee on the current Ritz Carlton Rewards Card... I have read the entire thread but just want to see if any one has recent experience. Here's my situation:

Recently applied and was approved for the JPM RC Rewards Card and received it last week (current A/F at $450 and bonus if 3 free nights at Ritz Cat1-4). Was approved at a $10,0000 credit line. I have already charged around $5,500 on the card. So now my goal is to reduce the credit line to $1,500 and thereby get the annual fee waived. So here are my questions:

1. Is getting the annual fee waived for new card holders (at the $450 A/F level) still an option?

2. Can I move $8,500 of my RC card credit line to another JPM or Chase credit card (thereby reducing the Ritz card line to $1,500)?

3. Is it best to call JPM Ritz Credit Card Service (ie number on the back of the card) to make this credit line request or is it best to use some other number or method of communication?

Many thanks!
If you buy gift cards of AA in small denominations you can have $300 this year and $300 in January next year and make a profit out of the AF.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Any other current awesome suggestions besides AA Giftcards?

---------------------

Since upgrades qualify within that $300 credit, does the upgrading PAX have to be me? Or can I use it on other family members i.e. MP accounts.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Any other current awesome suggestions besides AA Giftcards?

---------------------

Since upgrades qualify within that $300 credit, does the upgrading PAX have to be me? Or can I use it on other family members i.e. MP accounts.
Upgrading pax can be someone else.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh

Many thanks!
#2 & #3 - yes, you can move it to another JPM/Chase CC. Personally, I'd suggest writing a secure message since I don't like waiting on the phone. And it's usually completed within 12-24 hours.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jameswes
#2 & #3 - yes, you can move it to another JPM/Chase CC. Personally, I'd suggest writing a secure message since I don't like waiting on the phone. And it's usually completed within 12-24 hours.
I've only ever had a hold once calling JPM with my Ritz card (called 20+ times). And it was maybe a minute. When do you normally call and get holds?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:35 pm

You get your AF back when you reduce the CL at any moment as long as it is in the first year? I have 3 months with the card and was wondering if I do it now I would get my AF back.

Tia
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:05 pm

how unlikely is it that Chase doesnt pick up on this intentional abuse and close your account and cards?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
how unlikely is it that Chase doesnt pick up on this intentional abuse and close your account and cards?
Totally wondering this too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.