Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:10 am

Residence Inn

Does anyone know if the 5X bonus on the RC card is awarded on stays at Residence Inn?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
Does anyone know if the 5X bonus on the RC card is awarded on stays at Residence Inn?
It would provide 5X bonus on all Marriott family hotels (though pretty sure SPG ones will not count for that yet).
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I love this new $100 off air benefit, I've already saved $600 in the last month using it. I've used it several times in connection with the jetBlue flash sales when they had $19 flights, where since the total cost is less than the $100 credit the flights end up being free.

Right now they have flights for $39 from SMF-LGB which means after the credit I've been able to book some day trips to Long Beach for $54 roundtrip this fall and winter. This may be the most useful credit card benefit I have.
Used for the first time several days ago.

The interesting part is that only one ticket (out of the two in the same reservation) had been charged, the other one seems to have dropped from pending to no where. I'm sure it will be charged soon, though I would not complain if it will not.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
It would provide 5X bonus on all Marriott family hotels (though pretty sure SPG ones will not count for that yet).
Thanks! The only upside to having to evacuate today is getting bonus points.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:13 am

Thanks @Cubbies2016.
Any tips on what my reimbursement conversation with Ritz should entail?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by munchers
Thanks @Cubbies2016.
Any tips on what my reimbursement conversation with Ritz should entail?
Let your creativity shine. For example, I might buy a $15 gift card on Southwest and if questioned about it by Chase, I would tell them it was Early Bird check-in expense which is exactly $15.00. Your amounts and reasons should match up in case you get an agent who fancies himself a detective.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:32 pm

Searched the thread for "how long" and "post", but surprisingly couldn't find an answer to how long it takes after meeting spend for the 3 free nights to post. Hit $5K spend on 9/22 and first statement closed on 10/2. Checked my Ritz account and all that shows up is the 3 club level upgrades. Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
For me, it posted within a few days of meeting spend. The reps answering SMs have also been very responsive to bonus inquiries / match requests.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:31 pm

My wife just received her free nights after meeting spend about a week ago.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 3:33 pm

Does anyone in this thread have Amex Plat as well?

I am wondering whether the SPG Gold match will be done every year while both programs are around or is this a one time deal?

The reason i ask is because this may allow us to avoid having to put $10k on the Ritz card to re-qualify for the Marriott Gold.

I love the Ritz card for the benefits but prefer to put spend on other cars so if I can avoid the $10k spend req next year this would be great.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:48 am

Lowering CL after AF applied to statement

Greetings! I just got approved for the card but doubt I will meet the minimum spend before the AF is posted. If I got it lowered after paying the AF, will it be refunded? Just curious how this works. Thank you!!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Does anyone in this thread have Amex Plat as well?

I am wondering whether the SPG Gold match will be done every year while both programs are around or is this a one time deal?
I have the Amex Plat. Not sure if the SPG match will occur next year.

The reason i ask is because this may allow us to avoid having to put $10k on the Ritz card to re-qualify for the Marriott Gold.

I love the Ritz card for the benefits but prefer to put spend on other cars so if I can avoid the $10k spend req next year this would be great.
When the programs merge in 2018, I think Amex Plat gets you zilch in the merged program. The SPG Amex will be discontinued as well. Obtaining gold status in the merged program will be via a Chase cc.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:36 pm

When does AF usually post (new card)?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by esha1
When does AF usually post (new card)?
For all of chase cards, AF posts on 1st day of month after your account opening or anniversary date. for example if you open your card anytime in October, your 1st AF will post on Nov 1st
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:11 pm

where can i find my 3 free nights after i completed the spend? i see i have 3 club level upgrades on my marriott account but no mention of free nights. any insight on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.