Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:38 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by festriaqua
Thanks for the explanation!

What's wrong with the new SPG lux card? To me, the SPG lux card seems to have very similar benefits to the RC card (post Aug benefits change). Only major difference I see is that the RC has the $100 airline discount. While the SPG has the $300 hotel credit. Am I missing something?
The RC $300 credit is more generic travel credit, not tied to MR hotels only,. The $100 airline (unlimited) discount is huge. Also you get extra benefits from the Visa Infinity. Compared to the less popular AmEx card. The only way for AmEx to make it right is to have the SPG Lux card to offer MR Platinum.

But the RC card may not be available after 8/1/2018.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Thanks for the explanation!

What's wrong with the new SPG lux card? To me, the SPG lux card seems to have very similar benefits to the RC card (post Aug benefits change). Only major difference I see is that the RC has the $100 airline discount. While the SPG has the $300 hotel credit. Am I missing something?
After the change the card will still have two big benefits (apart from those already outlined above):
1. Free AUs that get their own unlimited Priority Pass. High value for those who do not travel together.
2. Immediate access to the Chase Premium line on all the Chase care you have (the call will automatically route to the primum line if calling from a number the system recognize). Getting an empowered person within seconds withtout any automated trees is a very big benefit in my books.

Last edited by MD/DC Flyer; Jul 9, 2018 at 12:40 pm Reason: Correction of typo
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
2. Immediate access to the Chase Preimum line on all the Chase care you have (the call will automatically route to the primum line if calling from a number the system recognize). Getting an empowered person within seconds withtout any automated trees is a very big benefit in my books.
Totally did not know this benefit existed. Is this benefit available on the CSR as well? Or is the RC card the only way to get it?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion here:

Calls to customer service routed to JP Morgan Chase Executive Line?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by fightingirishnd
I bought 2 Southwest GC's for $90 and $225 and waited for a couple of days for the transaction post. Called in today and and the rep processed the travel credit no questions asked. Hope this helps!
Hi, any specific reason why those two numbers? Do they coincide with some kind of SW upgrade or reimbursable fee?

Thank you!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:28 pm

Greetings, are there any suggestions to be able to take advantage of the $100 airline ticket benefit which is not strictly "by the book"? According to the T&C I read, the itinerary must be a round trip ticket for two or more. I'm flying out to meet my mother and come back together, so it's a round trip for me but not for her. It sounds like I'm almost eligible for the $100 benefit, but not quite. Curious if anybody had similar situations and was able to use the benefit.

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Greetings, are there any suggestions to be able to take advantage of the $100 airline ticket benefit which is not strictly "by the book"? According to the T&C I read, the itinerary must be a round trip ticket for two or more. I'm flying out to meet my mother and come back together, so it's a round trip for me but not for her. It sounds like I'm almost eligible for the $100 benefit, but not quite. Curious if anybody had similar situations and was able to use the benefit.

Thanks!
As it is done via automated website - there is really no wiggle room here. Domestic only, round trip, and whatever comes up as options are the options.
DjRocket likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
This has got to be the easiest card to be approved for if you have a high credit rating. Spouse is way over 5/24, which isn’t a criterion on this card but with 3 cards in 6 month, I thought for sure Chase wouldn’t approve, but we wanted the points sooner rather than later so we gave it a shot.

Wonder if the standard are somehow tighter for the WoH card (I would think a visa infinite would be harder but who knows),

Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:02 pm

How fast does the gold status post to your ritz account after you spend the $10k? Is it after the statement closes or is chase able to “send” the spend requirements quickly to Marriott? I’m asking because of the August 1st deadline and my statement just closed for this period. Thx
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
This has got to be the easiest card to be approved for if you have a high credit rating. Spouse is way over 5/24, which isn’t a criterion on this card but with 3 cards in 6 month, I thought for sure Chase wouldn’t approve, but we wanted the points sooner rather than later so we gave it a shot.

Wonder if the standard are somehow tighter for the WoH card (I would think a visa infinite would be harder but who knows),

Did your spouse already have a significant credit line with ritz or little to none? Thanks for posting this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
As it is done via automated website - there is really no wiggle room here. Domestic only, round trip, and whatever comes up as options are the options.
Interesting, if the process is automated, I'm surprised it can pick up differences in the itinerary in a single charge posted. Also, according to T&C, "Ticket must be purchased in full using a U.S.-issued Visa Infinite card. No other form of payment will be accepted." I read it as I cannot use an airline gift card to pay for a portion of the ticket. But the charge on the CC wouldn't say anything about that. How would an automated process know whether I paid the ticket with the CC in full or not? Am I supposed to book the ticket through the Ritz portal? I don't see any other way besides calling the rep and explaining the charge.

Thanks!

EDIT: as I researched further, it does appear I have to book my flight through a portal (propco). That makes everything clear now. Unfortunately they don't do Southwest and want no cancellations. Yikes

Last edited by DjRocket; Jul 9, 2018 at 7:33 pm Reason: found more info
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Interesting, if the process is automated, I'm surprised it can pick up differences in the itinerary in a single charge posted. Also, according to T&C, "Ticket must be purchased in full using a U.S.-issued Visa Infinite card. No other form of payment will be accepted." I read it as I cannot use an airline gift card to pay for a portion of the ticket. But the charge on the CC wouldn't say anything about that. How would an automated process know whether I paid the ticket with the CC in full or not? Am I supposed to book the ticket through the Ritz portal? I don't see any other way besides calling the rep and explaining the charge.

Thanks!
What he said:

You have to go in through the portal, which first verifies your card number, then offers you flight options, then insists on your card for payment. No options for splitting payment.

I do vaguely recollect that once I could not find a domestic roundtrip offered that I could see through the airline, and I tracked down the Visa Infinite travel number and called in. They could see the flights and fare, and booked it, but I did not try to fob off any gift cards or other credit cards on them. (And, when I say that "I do vaguely recollect," that means that maybe I am making this up, or maybe I read about it on FT.)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:19 am

EDIT: as I researched further, it does appear I have to book my flight through a portal (propco). That makes everything clear now. Unfortunately they don't do Southwest and want no cancellations. Yikes
And dealing with them when things go south is extremely frustrating process, even though everything worked out in the end (cancelling a reservation because of extreme schedule change [direct flight to connecting flights] - the approval process and refund took forever).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
How fast does the gold status post to your ritz account after you spend the $10k? Is it after the statement closes or is chase able to “send” the spend requirements quickly to Marriott? I’m asking because of the August 1st deadline and my statement just closed for this period. Thx
For the first year is given upon approval of the card. From the second year on. when the spend kicks in, technically, it should happen at the end of the card year. As I had the status continuously (i.e., no break in years) I cannot tell you when it really kicks in.

My data point - my card year is end of August. The required spend for this year was completed around October last year. Technically I should have status only until 2019, with the next year kicking in August. When I've inquired about the status because of the change (frustration do not start to describe the inability of all involved to understand the changes and what they mean), I've been told I'm Gold until 2020 by Chase. Take it to mean whatever you wish. Personally, I still hope that is true, but won't be surprised if it is not.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by rrgg
Did your spouse already have a significant credit line with ritz or little to none? Thanks for posting this.
I assume you meant chase as ritz doesn't extend credit and this was a first Ritz card.

She has had many cards, and in fact, I forgot to lower her large lines on the previous two cards (BA and Iberia). Other outstanding cards have lower limits except for the Ink Cash which is high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.