Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mia
You'll be sad sooner. Chase will very likely send everyone a replacement to reflect the name change.
The old cards still work IME.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Any news about the Platinum status validity duration, I guess we will know by Friday for sure...
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
Any news about the Platinum status validity duration, I guess we will know by Friday for sure
Actually we're stuck in the unknown for another month since the Marriott status year rolls over on the last day of Feb.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Actually we're stuck in the unknown for another month since the Marriott status year rolls over on the last day of Feb.
The date has been confirmed to be Jan 31 by Marriott reps and the Lurkers. Anyone who has Ambassador status is also seeing the expiration date as Jan 31 in the app.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adam1222
right. Thino was responding to someone else's post though.
Regardless, some of us have free platinum status for 2019 without the spend threshhold as part of initial card signup, as discussed in many many posts above.
And you're sure all of 2019?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:01 am

Just called and made a RC reservation and tried to attach 1 of my club upgrades. I was told by the CSR that there is currently a glitch and they can't attach the club upgrades. She told me they don't have an ETA but they are suggesting people call back weekly to see if the glitch is fixed. She was very nice about it but we'll see how it goes. I'm now committed to a weekly call to see if it's fixed - yay.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bergamini
And you're sure all of 2019?
No I'm not 100% sure...as discussed in the dozens of posts on this subject already. Are you sure about bringing back messages from the dead for no other purpose other than being snarky? 🤯

And as those prior posts made clear, there are two different kinds of statuses at issue: those given to be people in their first year of cardholding versus status earned other ways. People are talking past each other by conflating the two. Over and over again.

At this point, no speculation or summary of the conflicting info in hundreds of posts is worth anything.
nexusCFX likes this.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jan 27, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:41 pm

No I'm not 100% sure...as discussed in the dozens of posts on this subject already. Are you sure about bringing back messages from the dead for no other purpose other than being snarky? ��

And as those prior posts made clear, there are two different kinds of statuses at issue: those given to be people in their first year of cardholding versus status earned other ways. People are talking past each other by conflating the two. Over and over again.

At this point, no speculation or summary of the conflicting info in hundreds of posts is worth anything.
I'm sorry you thought it was snarky. You were just so insistent that I was wrong because you (and others) got Platinum for all of 2019 without any qualification that might not be the case. I don't think there's any question about how long Platinum will last now, or need for speculation. I just wanted to make sure you knew in case you tried to use your Platinum status after it drops.

Edited to Add: And your take on "no speculation or summary...is worth anything" is very interesting in light of you telling other members that a certain possibility was a fact. You can't claim moral superiority on something when you presented one side of the conflicting as fact, over and over again.

Last edited by bergamini; Jan 27, 2019 at 4:47 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:52 pm

Well, everything will be made clear in a few days. I don't think anyone should be worried about it dropping, whether they got the status for opening the card or renewed for spending 10K. The site for the card says pretty clearly that those who earned Gold prior to the merger will get Platinum status through 2019.

It's most likely the case that Marriott cannot differentiate between the first year free or the 10K renewed status, as the system would likely just involve Chase notifying Marriott that a criteria to receive status until date X has been met and Marriott granting it accordingly.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:23 pm

I'm sorry you thought it was snarky. You were just so insistent that I was wrong because you (and others) got Platinum for all of 2019 without any qualification that might not be the case. I don't think there's any question about how long Platinum will last now, or need for speculation. I just wanted to make sure you knew in case you tried to use your Platinum status after it drops.

Edited to Add: And your take on "no speculation or summary...is worth anything" is very interesting in light of you telling other members that a certain possibility was a fact. You can't claim moral superiority on something when you presented one side of the conflicting as fact, over and over again.
Your defense is that you quoted an old post to be a jerk, and not to serve any other purpose.

​​​​​​I am not claiming moral superiority. The value of speculation about what will happen in February is quite different than said speculation months ago. And tbh, I am still pretty sure but don't have the time to go back and engage and prove it to you. I'm not 100% sure on anything involving the disaster that is Marriott these days.

if you think I suck, that's fine. Dont find old posts of mine and try to pick a fight and try to make a personal attack. It doesn't contribute to the discussion.
Just go away and leave me alone.
nexusCFX likes this.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jan 27, 2019 at 7:30 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:30 pm

​​​​​​I am not claiming moral superiority. The value of speculation about what will happen in February is quite different than said speculation months ago. And tbh, I am still pretty sure but don't have the time to go back and engage and prove it to you.
if you think I suck, that's fine. Dont find old posts of mine and try to pick a fight and try to rehash old arguments.
Just go away and leave me alone.
I just asked a question
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:30 pm

I just asked a question
Ok. I've reported you for trolling and hopefully your whole comment thread will be deleted.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:36 pm

Ok. I've reported you for trolling and hopefully your whole comment thread will be deleted.
Because you don't like the line of questioning doesn't mean it's trolling. If they delete it's because you got hostile, fast, when someone asked you if you were certain about a post. If they pull it, you need to go back and apologize to everyone who took you at your word that it would be for all of 2019. Are you willing to commit to that?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Because you don't like the line of questioning doesn't mean it's trolling. If they delete it's because you got hostile, fast, when someone asked you if you were certain about a post. If they pull it, you need to go back and apologize to everyone who took you at your word that it would be for all of 2019. Are you willing to commit to that?

Enough. Let's knock off the squabbling and get back to business. You can put each other on "ignore" if you'd like.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

I'm looking into making a cash reservation and using a Club Upgrade certificate but I've never done this before. I've done my research but most of the information out there is from years ago and some is clearly outdated.

Supposedly you can check for rates online but you have to call to make the actual booking, is that still the case?

Apparently there are two codes that can be checked online: the Z34 rate only allows for the $100 stay credit and the Z38 rate that allows for both Club Level upgrades AND the $100 stay credit, do I have that right?

For the dates I'm interested in, the Z34 rate is only about $10 a night more expensive than the Member Rate but the Z38 rate shows as unavailable, does that mean I'm out of luck? I saw reports from May 2016 that no one could pull up the Z38 rate online anymore, is that still the case? My trip is almost 3 months away and there are still Club Lounge rooms available, so I'd be surprised if upgrades can't be used.

Eventually I'll probably have to call either way, I just wanted to do my homework beforehand.

Last edited by mk712; Jan 29, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.