Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I spent $13 on a seat upgrade on AA on Dec 31 and messaged Chase for reimbursement from my 2018 travel credit balance of $29. They said when I made the charge my 2018 credit already expired and they would apply the 2019 balance to it.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
The Ritz card is no longer offered after the Marriott mergers
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Zurick
The Ritz card is no longer offered ....
The Ritz card is discussed in a separate thread, existing cardholders can still use all features, and it is apparently still possible to obtain through product change from another Chase Marriott card.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...26-2018-a.html
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Originally Posted by mia
The Ritz card is discussed in a separate thread, existing cardholders can still use all features, and it is apparently still possible to obtain through product change from another Chase Marriott card.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...26-2018-a.html
Mia,
You are correct in that it is now a different card. It does not offer the perks the old Black Ritz did - eg club upgrades, platinum status Ritz/Marriott. No matter what card you have with chase, they say they are no longer offering it - so if you have it, don't let it expire. The club upgrades, airline fees and platinum status (at 65,000 US$) made this one of the best cards.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:26 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Called Marriott about my status. It says the Platinum Elite runs to the end of the month. I told her about the RC credit card terms and she said she got my points. Then the CSR was doing a lot research, then phone off.

It is still up in the air.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:44 pm

Hoping someone can confirm.....

I got the Ritz Carlton Visa a couple months ago after product changing my Chase Marriott Premier card. One of the nice benefits is that you can add authorized users for free and they have access to their own Priority Pass Select membership and also access to the $100 Airline discount portal.

I added my brother and sister and gave them their own Priority Pass Card. They both have 4 kinds over 3. My understanding is that Priority Pass Guests are still unlimited with this card, provided the lounge allows it.

Since it is the beginning of 2019, I called tonight and was told that guests are limited to 2 and additional ones are $27 each. I wanted to double check, since I know the Priority Pass additional guest fee is actually $32, not $27, so I already doubted some of her information. Also, I think she may have been confusing this card with the Sapphire Reserve.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Hoping someone can confirm.....

I got the Ritz Carlton Visa a couple months ago after product changing my Chase Marriott Premier card. One of the nice benefits is that you can add authorized users for free and they have access to their own Priority Pass Select membership and also access to the $100 Airline discount portal.

I added my brother and sister and gave them their own Priority Pass Card. They both have 4 kinds over 3. My understanding is that Priority Pass Guests are still unlimited with this card, provided the lounge allows it.

Since it is the beginning of 2019, I called tonight and was told that guests are limited to 2 and additional ones are $27 each. I wanted to double check, since I know the Priority Pass additional guest fee is actually $32, not $27, so I already doubted some of her information. Also, I think she may have been confusing this card with the Sapphire Reserve.
My recollection is that, yeah, this version of Priority Pass was distinguished by the unlimited guest policy, but that some time last year it switched to just two. (And, dang -- is it hard to tell which Priority Pass is which.)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
My recollection is that, yeah, this version of Priority Pass was distinguished by the unlimited guest policy, but that some time last year it switched to just two. (And, dang -- is it hard to tell which Priority Pass is which.)
Actually I've not seen anyone confirm that it changed to two guests. I've been hoping someone will try it as an experiment and report their findings, but I guess this card is somewhat obscure compared to the CSR.
FindAWay likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:19 am

If my sister is able to bring in everyone, I will report if there are any extra charges.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Actually I've not seen anyone confirm that it changed to two guests. I've been hoping someone will try it as an experiment and report their findings, but I guess this card is somewhat obscure compared to the CSR.
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
If my sister is able to bring in everyone, I will report if there are any extra charges.
Absolutely. My recollection is far from infallible. The trouble -- to me at least -- with having so many of these cards out there, but nothing that differentiates them on the surface, is that we get no guidance about what works and what does not, not in entering the club, and not from Priority Pass. So when they run the card through the old-fashioned credit card machines, we don't know who might get charged what, and when. I tend to nag my family members to bring their own cards, and to run through as many as we have. My recollection perhaps reflects this caution.

Good luck, and let us know either way.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
The CSR had been changed. Ritz had not been changed and still unlimited number of guests.

Of course the way to deal with it if there is a limitation is to add more authorized users which are both free and get their own Priority Pass card.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The CSR had been changed. Ritz had not been changed and still unlimited number of guests.

Of course the way to deal with it if there is a limitation is to add more authorized users which are both free and get their own Priority Pass card.
That’s probably the reason why they didn’t change this for the Ritz PP membership as they knew that would happen.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:12 am
Suspended

For my old memory, The old ritz was not a "select" I think now all the selects are only two guests
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedSun
Called Marriott about my status. It says the Platinum Elite runs to the end of the month. I told her about the RC credit card terms and she said she got my points. Then the CSR was doing a lot research, then phone off.

It is still up in the air.
If you have the Ritz black card, it will still give you platinum status at US$65,000 As long as you keep the card, the benes witll stay the same. But they are no longer offering it. Another card similar: The AA card that gave access to the Admiral's club. I have been told they no longer offer it either.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Zurick
For my old memory, The old ritz was not a "select" I think now all the selects are only two guests
That is not what select means. Ritz has unlimited guests.
krazykanuck and FindAWay like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.