Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:34 pm

Seat upgrade

I just booked economy award flights on United for my wife and I in July . Trying to take advantage of the travel credit here, when should I attempt to upgrade the seats? Is this one of those things I can do the next day or should I wait until the day of? Do I need to wait for award taxes to post first or anything?

I noticed on United site it said that you can't upgrade basic economy seats, but in the United app it's giving me the option to upgrade and I'm able to go through the first few steps. Anybody have any confirmation or insight into this?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by steelydeely
I just booked economy award flights on United for my wife and I in July . Trying to take advantage of the travel credit here, when should I attempt to upgrade the seats? Is this one of those things I can do the next day or should I wait until the day of? Do I need to wait for award taxes to post first or anything?

I noticed on United site it said that you can't upgrade basic economy seats, but in the United app it's giving me the option to upgrade and I'm able to go through the first few steps. Anybody have any confirmation or insight into this?
you should look in the United forum.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
The Horrors!

I only went back a few pages, but I had to get my RC Chase Visa replaced last week and while I appreciated the overnight air service, I did not appreciate that it's been downgraded from a sturdy metal card to a flimsy plastic one. Very unfortunate. When did this happen? I will miss all the CSA at Marriott properties commenting on it being the heaviest card they've seen.

I renewed but am within the 30 days to cancel. Should I keep it? I guess still think it's worth it to keep it at least one more year and then shut it down and wait for the best offer I can find/get from the new program. I hit the magical 750/10 so I will have Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite with Marriott so the Gold status is worthless. I have never used the $100 RC credit or the airline portal.

I do however use the $300 travel credit on expenses I would normally incur anyway and are often reimbursed by my employer (don't use them to use them). Last year I used the $100 for Global Entry, obviously won't this year. I have used the Club level certs twice, both in Asia. The 15 EQN's won't help me since I'm my lifetime status is also the highest annual one I could earn, but I suppose would help me get SNA's at 50/75. I earned roughly 50K MR/RC points although I was off the road for 3 months for orthopedic surgery, so that could be higher but may actually be lower in the future since a lot of clients are doing less nights on-site and more remote. I did use the Silvercar discount once but it was a reimbursed trip so no value to me.

So my math is $300 for travel credit, $100 for Club certs (2 x $50 based on past averages), maybe $25 for EQN's since I don't need them for status and are only there for SNA's, $360 for 40K points and $150 for the free night = $935 of value for $450 spend.

Plan is to close it prior to renewal next year and wait for best offer from new card then. I turned down a 120K offer. It expires 12/6 but I think this card needs to be closed for 30 or 60 days, IIR.

Last edited by bergamini; Dec 18, 2018 at 10:15 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
I only went back a few pages, but I had to get my RC Chase Visa replaced last week and while I appreciated the overnight air service, I did not appreciate that it's been downgraded from a sturdy metal card to a flimsy plastic one. Very unfortunate. When did this happen? I will miss all the CSA at Marriott properties commenting on it being the heaviest card they've seen.

I renewed but am within the 30 days to cancel. Should I keep it? I guess still think it's worth it to keep it at least one more year and then shut it down and wait for the best offer I can find/get from the new program. I hit the magical 750/10 so I will have Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite with Marriott so the Gold status is worthless. I have never used the $100 RC credit or the airline portal.

I do however use the $300 travel credit on expenses I would normally incur anyway and are often reimbursed by my employer (don't use them to use them). Last year I used the $100 for Global Entry, obviously won't this year. I have used the Club level certs twice, both in Asia. The 15 EQN's won't help me since I'm my lifetime status is also the highest annual one I could earn, but I suppose would help me get SNA's at 50/75. I earned roughly 50K MR/RC points although I was off the road for 3 months for orthopedic surgery, so that could be higher but may actually be lower in the future since a lot of clients are doing less nights on-site and more remote. I did use the Silvercar discount once but it was a reimbursed trip so no value to me.

So my math is $300 for travel credit, $100 for Club certs (2 x $50 based on past averages), maybe $25 for EQN's since I don't need them for status and are only there for SNA's, $360 for 40 points and $150 for the free night = $935 of value for $450 spend.

Plan is to close it prior to renewal next year and wait for best offer from new card then. I turned down a 120K offer. It expires 12/6 but I think this card needs to be closed for 30 or 60 days, IIR.
They switched to the same metal as the CSR around August. Also, around August they closed this for new applications so if you close this card you won't get it again, FYI.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
They switched to the same metal as the CSR around August. Also, around August they closed this for new applications so if you close this card you won't get it again, FYI.
Correct. I received an Amex offer for 120K points in the new Marriott program but it expires on 12/6 and IIR, this card has to be closed for 60 days. From what I'm seeing online, I may not get that offer again
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

So my math is $300 for travel credit, $100 for Club certs (2 x $50 based on past averages), maybe $25 for EQN's since I don't need them for status and are only there for SNA's, $360 for 40K points and $150 for the free night = $935 of value for $450 spend.

I wish Chase could pay me $500 to keep this card. Anything can happen.
bergamini likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:58 am

Correct. I received an Amex offer for 120K points in the new Marriott program but it expires on 12/6 and IIR, this card has to be closed for 60 days. From what I'm seeing online, I may not get that offer again
oh true that probably expired. Maybe they convert this card at some point if they don't want to support it long term.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:07 am

bergamini, Now that Chase Offers are available on Ritz in the Chase mobile app, you might also pick up a little extra value that way.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:50 am

anyone know if its possible to product change to this card from the Marriott personal card? (either the new premier or previous version?)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 3sgtekb
...possible to product change to this card from the Marriott personal card?...
Read THIS report from early December.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:06 pm

No reports of upgrading or downgrading to the Marriott card from the Ritz?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:49 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
My son used the Ritz card a few years ago to reach Marriott/SPG Platinum and IIRC he had to track his spend progress himself. Now he is close to hitting 75K in his card year again. Chase still doesn’t track, right?

SPG Luxury puts a message at the bottom of the statement:

Congratulations! You have qualifying charges of at least $75,000 on your Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card and therefore are eligible to be upgraded to Platinum Elite status.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Gotverb
I just upgraded my Marriott to RC 🙌🏼
Why would you upgrade? You do not get a bonus doing it that way. You will not be eligible for it when the card is relaunched. What benefit do you get in the upgrade?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Why would you upgrade? You do not get a bonus doing it that way. You will not be eligible for it when the card is relaunched. What benefit do you get in the upgrade?
Has it been confirmed that the card is being re-launched? Most sources noted that AMEX had exclusive rights to offer a premium card.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 26, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Has it been confirmed that the card is being re-launched? Most sources noted that AMEX had exclusive rights to offer a premium card.
I haven't heard anything mentioning a re-launch of this card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.