Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:17 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by yvonnenj

I called Marriott Rewards line. The agent looked at my account and said the system shows expiration date 1/31/2019 not 2020 on my platinum elite. I was AMEX SPG Gold and new RC Gold before the merge.

Could not find any link on marriott website to address the above status issue. Anyone can provide the link?
I was told mine show end of 2019. The only difference vs you is that existing RC gold from $10,000 spending, not new RC Gold. The words are that (not official), new RC Gold gets MR Plat to remainder of 2018. Existing RC Gold (and real MR Gold) gets Plat to entire 2019. The AmEx SPG Gold linking gets no Plat.

No link at all. With less than 2 months, our status is still up in the air.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Is there a place of DP's for travel credit usage?
There is no separate thread. There is some discussion in this thread, and more in the predecessor thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by heckofagator
Curious to see about this Platinum Elite Status too. I have been SPG Gold for $30k/year spending for years but did get the Ritz Card last year (and recently closed it) and just had a chance to stay at a Westin and enjoy the Platinum Elite status for the first time. I have to say the upgrades and the desk personnel were super nice. I would love to keep the Plat Elite Status as long as possible (as I'm sure most of us). I wish I had more time to enjoy it.
Not sure why you closed the RC card. The $75,000 spending might be the best way to get to MR Plat Elite, if you do not stay at hotel a lot (of course some nights to enjoy the benefits). You get a year to go. Also, you get 150,000 MR to go with it.

The MR Plat Elite is extremely valuable if you travel overseas. With the recent MR/SPG mergers, the benefits have expanded to both brands. Some of the places have free breakfast, afternoon tea, early cocktail and evening snacks. You only need to buy your own lunch. Of course YMMV.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:16 am

yeah, I'm pretty sure I talked here (or was it on Reddit) and nobody really make the argument to keep it open. But I really only spend about $40k a year on CC so I'm a ways from the $75k. And we rarely travel overseas, and if so, it might be a cruise or something like that. I just didn't want to pay the 2nd annual fee as I wasn't sure I'd be able to use all of the benefits. We may only fly once or twice a year max.

Originally Posted by RedSun
Not sure why you closed the RC card. The $75,000 spending might be the best way to get to MR Plat Elite, if you do not stay at hotel a lot (of course some nights to enjoy the benefits). You get a year to go. Also, you get 150,000 MR to go with it.

The MR Plat Elite is extremely valuable if you travel overseas. With the recent MR/SPG mergers, the benefits have expanded to both brands. Some of the places have free breakfast, afternoon tea, early cocktail and evening snacks. You only need to buy your own lunch. Of course YMMV.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
new RC Gold gets MR Plat to remainder of 2018.
This is incorrect. The policy is stated on the site for the card.

"Cardmembers who have earned Gold Status before August 26 will get Platinum Elite Status through 2019 to guarantee lounge access"

There is no distinction between whether it's a renewal for 10k spend or a new signup. I called Marriott to ask what my expiration date was and the date they gave me happens to be one year from my signup date, end of July 2019.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

"Cardmembers who have earned Gold Status before August 26 will get Platinum Elite Status through 2019 to guarantee lounge access"

There is no distinction between whether it's a renewal for 10k spend or a new signup. I called Marriott to ask what my expiration date was and the date they gave me happens to be one year from my signup date, end of July 2019.
So it's one year from when you signup? My understanding of "through 2019" was until the END of 2019, regardless of when in 2019 you signed up. I got my card in July 2018, so I'll only have status until July 2019?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
So it's one year from when you signup? My understanding of "through 2019" was until the END of 2019, regardless of when in 2019 you signed up. I got my card in July 2018, so I'll only have status until July 2019?
I would think "through 2019" would mean end of 2019 yes. I just felt it was worth noting that when I asked for the date, the date they gave me (without me mentioning any timeframe I expected) was a year from my signup. I'll have hit 50 nights by May 2019 so it doesn't matter to me anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:35 pm

Just a speculative thought but earned through 10k spend and given as a sign up benefit is potentially different in the program’s eye. Again speculative but as a new card applicant, you will still be “gold” in 2019 but it’s the new gold. No facts here just thoughts of how they could defend their actions.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Werty7777

Just a speculative thought but earned through 10k spend and given as a sign up benefit is potentially different in the program’s eye. Again speculative but as a new card applicant, you will still be “gold” in 2019 but it’s the new gold. No facts here just thoughts of how they could defend their actions.
How is that different from someone who spent the 10k still being gold? That would be the exact same thing. It's pretty clearly laid out, and even if it were not, it's unlikely that Marriott notes in their system whether the gold was acquired via a first year signup or via 10k spend.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:51 pm

How is that different from someone who spent the 10k still being gold? That would be the exact same thing. It's pretty clearly laid out, and even if it were not, it's unlikely that Marriott notes in their system whether the gold was acquired via a first year signup or via 10k spend.
It was just conjecture on my part. However, it is different to earn something versus being given something. I'm certainly not a lawyer and 10k versus new cardholder maybe a mute point anyway. Your post above also clearly shows that Marriott knew your gold was to expire one year from your sign up date, so I would say they do know exactly how you got status. Status earned through nights stayed is granted through 31 Jan of the next year (If memory is correct) not one year from the earned date. Once you earn it via 50 nights it is not important like you said. I was worried enough about maintaining status that I'm about to hit 50 this year and not rely on it being extended via the new sign up method (which I was). I have enough high dollar stays next year that I was too risk averse to not maintain new platinum for the entire year. I only had to work in a few extra nights to hit 50 so it was worth it to me.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:52 pm
Suspended

I think you are incorrect.

For new RC card holder, you can't say you "earned" RC Gold status. You get "automatic" gold elite status in the first account year. The post #2533 already stated that her Plat Elite status only last to early 2019. This was discussed quite intensively. But this is not entirely certain.

For your situation, you only received the old RC Gold/new MR Plat for the first account year. This is correct according to the T&C. But for all the existing RC cardholder who "earned" RC Gold, our RC Gold/MR Plat status lasts the entire year 2019 to early 2020. This is something you do not get, but only to July 2019. "Through 2019" means the entirely of the year 2019.
pallhedge likes this.

Last edited by RedSun; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:58 pm

I would think "through 2019" would mean end of 2019 yes. I just felt it was worth noting that when I asked for the date, the date they gave me (without me mentioning any timeframe I expected) was a year from my signup. I'll have hit 50 nights by May 2019 so it doesn't matter to me anyway.
Just to be clear, you are saying you will hit 50 in 2018 or 2019? Your nights will not cross from year to year so 50 earned from July of 18 through July of 19 will not work.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:00 pm

I think you are incorrect.

For new RC card holder, you can't say you "earned" RC Gold status. You get "automatic" gold elite status in the first account year. The post #2533 already stated that her Plat Elite status only last to early 2019. This was discussed quite intensively. But this is not entirely certain.

For your situation, you only received the old RC Gold/new MR Plat for the first account year. This is correct according to the T&C. But for all the existing RC cardholder who "earned" RC Gold, our RC Gold/MR Plat status lasts the entire year 2019 to early 2020. This is something you do not get, but only to July 2019. "Through 2019" means the entirely of the year 2019.
Exactly the same way I understand it.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Yes, this has been discussed many times before and there are DPs to support it.

But no official words from RC or Marriott. Check with RC/MR rep.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Though you'll get two different responses depending who you will ask:

1. MR customer service say until December 2019.
2. Chase, after checking with MR say until December 2018. (And that including escalation to Chase front offices).

In two months I'll know the real answer (that is for 10K spend, "earn" status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.