Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:38 am

I inquired about upgrading my RC Signature Card:

Will my account be upgraded to the Visa Infinite card?

Here is the confusing answer:

Thank you for contacting Chase requesting to upgrade the
account to Visa Infinite card.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a
different product. An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As an alternative, you may apply for a new product.
New applications are available online at our secure
website. Please visit our website for the most current
offers and terms available:
http://www.creditcards.chase.com

When selecting the credit card that best meets your needs,
please remember that our policy no longer allows for
customers to have more than one credit card in the same
product. Applications for a card product you already have
may not be eligible for approval.

If you need any other assistance, you can send us a secure
message. We appreciate your business and thank you for
choosing Chase.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cwebjohn
I inquired about upgrading my RC Signature Card:

Will my account be upgraded to the Visa Infinite card?

Here is the confusing answer:

Thank you for contacting Chase requesting to upgrade the
account to Visa Infinite card.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a
different product. An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

New applications are available online at our secure
website. Please visit our website for the most current
offers and terms available:
http://www.creditcards.chase.com

When selecting the credit card that best meets your needs,
please remember that our policy no longer allows for
customers to have more than one credit card in the same
product. Applications for a card product you already have
may not be eligible for approval.

If you need any other assistance, you can send us a secure
message. We appreciate your business and thank you for
choosing Chase.
It's so much easier to call the JPM executive line. It'll take all of 2 minutes and you'll have a pleasant conversation with the agent.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'd just leave it alone and not E-Mail them. From that E-Mail it sounds like they'd then product change you right to the $450 fee.

My card and statements still say Signature. But, I successfully used the Visa Infinite $100 discount on 8/13 and received the new Priority Pass Select card around 8/11. Just be patient and I am sure we'll all have new cards and benefits soon enough at $395.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Order online how? Chase SM and say you want the infinite version mailed?
once logged in to your chase account go to Customer Center > Card Replacement..replacement you get will be infinite if your account is already migrated. you can check your account is migrated or not by logging onto https://www.visadiscountair.com/ritzcarltoncard/ website...it worked for me

Last edited by techoin; Aug 25, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
... We will try my wife's PPS at the Alaska lounge and also the Delta Lounge.
Delta Skyclubs do not accept Priority Pass.

... An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product...
This is generally true. Issuers cannot change the terms of a new card account during the first 12 months. You will need to submit an application for the new product, or wait until your account is 12 months old.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:30 am

I was under the impression that the product is the same. If the product isn't the same then you should be able to get both bonuses?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I was under the impression that the product is the same. If the product isn't the same then you should be able to get both bonuses?
It is the same product. I requested new cards for an unrelated issue and it's now a Visa Infinite.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
The product is the same, Ritz Carlton visa credit card, they don't put signature and infinite into consideration. Now if it became Ritz Carlton MasterCard, you might be able to get both.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by hiima
The product is the same, Ritz Carlton visa credit card, they don't put signature and infinite into consideration. Now if it became Ritz Carlton MasterCard, you might be able to get both.
Right, I knew that from my IHG Visa > MC experience.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:12 pm

I have the older version of RC card. I bought a PDX-JFK ticket using Barclays card, went to delta.com and upgraded to business class using RC card. I, basically paid the difference between the economy and business class. Called Chase to get $300 annual statement credit, but they said, this is an airline ticket, so no go. Took couple of calls before i found someone who was willing to apply the credit. However, even he conceded that, this looks like an airline ticket. Does anyone have any idea why they think it does not look like an upgrade, or i should have done the upgrade any other way? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by rajnishK453
I have the older version of RC card. I bought a PDX-JFK ticket using Barclays card, went to delta.com and upgraded to business class using RC card. I, basically paid the difference between the economy and business class. Called Chase to get $300 annual statement credit, but they said, this is an airline ticket, so no go. Took couple of calls before i found someone who was willing to apply the credit. However, even he conceded that, this looks like an airline ticket. Does anyone have any idea why they think it does not look like an upgrade, or i should have done the upgrade any other way? Thanks.
Happened to me last year on a United flight. They wouldn't apply the credit until I sent them my screenshot of my purchase page which showed I bought an upgrade (luckily I thought to do so).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Quick question. The $300 travel credit, is it calendar year or card year?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by rajnishK453
I bought a ticket on an Ink and upgraded using RC last year. I told the representative he could look at the original purchase on ink if he wanted, but the representative conceded that $2xx.xx does seem low for a round trip and gave the credit.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by deant
Quick question. The $300 travel credit, is it calendar year or card year?
Per calendar year
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:45 am

So has anyone figured out if this or the CSR is better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.